• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Tie: E.G. Cappelli.

Dankjewel!

I think Id call it more of a cream or light beige.
stirpot.gif

You mean cream as in pale yellow?

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
I am rather tall (194cm), this jacket has a slightly too high button stance for me.
JFC, if I had known what I started with that thing...

It still looks great.

I once bumped into David Bowie in an elevator and didn't recognize him for a good minute (even though he was standing there with Iman) because he only came up to about my forehead, and I'm not exactly tall. Both of them are so lean and wiry I just assumed they were both 6'2", and they didn't register, even though I was looking straight at them. You have a sort of Bowiesque frame, so I was curious.

Funniest part of that story is that as the elevator door opened, by complete chance, standing there was a friend who was a Bowie obsessive. Like, I was afraid for what was going to happen, obsessive. She walked straight past Bowie and Iman and was like, "Oh! Hi! What's up?" After weighing my options I said, "well, David Bowie just walked right by you."

She didn't believe me.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a hard time getting dressed the last two days. I've been trying to wear my solid green sport coat, but haven't been happy with looks. I've end up with this today, but it looks like I've worn this before. I wish I had gone with a different tie.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a show of solidarity with all of those who, for some reason, post pictures of themselves holding their cell phones, here's a picture of me holding my iPhone in it's monogramed tan grain leather Harris Tweed lined SENA case.

I am wearing a Brooks Brothers jacket, PPBD shirt, tie, and cotton sweater vest, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Orvis cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds brown grain Kiowas.....

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a hard time getting dressed the last two days. I've been trying to wear my solid green sport coat, but haven't been happy with looks. I've end up with this today, but it looks like I've worn this before. I wish I had gone with a different tie.

It's the tie that you're not comfortable with? A plaid pattern like that on a shirt in these parts here is most commonly found on a 'flanno'.. ie. something u wear chopping wood in the great outdoors or doingother manly stuff. Very un-MC if u ask me.

Last edited:

thefoxtooth

Reaction score

David Reeves jacket, shirt and trousers. Crockett and jones Tetbury boots, Richard James socks, Turnbull and Asser linen Handkerchief, vintage 60s polyester knit tie, vintage Paola Belle glasses, Rolex Day Date.

Upon hearing this is not your shin, I return to give thumbs.

.08 of a thumb deducted for shin-mirage sock material.

.08 of a thumb restored for armchair.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first ever Brooks Brothers tie, so a measly attempt at Ivy League. But of course I know little about it and I don't do BD shirts...

@Roycru shows how to do it....

jaywhyy

Reaction score
My last med school interview. I really hope i make it in here...

Not my best fit, but I figured I'd post something. I like pinstripes.

This suit was 15 bucks and will likely never be worn again, but as long as it did it's job well today ill say it was worth it.

Vintage BB suit (with two small moth holes in the back i discovered the night before my interview...!)
BB tie
CT shirt
AE shoes
Hamilton watch

Interview at Jefferson in Philadelphia.
Like Isolation's pants, your shirts consistently are let down for an otherwise decent fit. You'll prob wear a suit or white coat occasionally as an MS1 and MS2, so invest in a few nice spreads from Luxire or Kamakura before you buy anything else.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My first ever Brooks Brothers tie, so a measly attempt at Ivy League. But of course I know little about it and I don't do BD shirts...

I see that tie come up on ebay fairly regularly and always think about picking it up. Looks great :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads