• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope those shoes are plastic and not real crocodile scales. I mean you wouldn't really go kill a crocodile and then paint its skin brown just to make shoes out of it would you??

huh ?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My monday.
Is that a suitsupply tie? How's the quality?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello friends :)

Nippy spring morning here in NYC is a great excuse for a last bout of autumnal plaid-on-plaid action and cashmere layer.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MonkeyFace: You have a some loud items, this one works pretty well. ***** given: none. Nice!

Cheers Betelgeuse! I tend to enjoy wearing louder and colourful things during spring and summer, as it really matches the spirit of those seasons.

Champy

Reaction score
In my opinion, the jacket is, at least, 2 inches too short and those shoulders are a bit wider than what I could picture as flattering for you. The first picture shows a short front balance, but that could not be there in fact. Also, do not make those trousers slimmer! They're tight in your hips (the gapping pockets are the evidence) as is, let some out there.
I actually wanted to shorten the jacket for 1 cm.. The shoulders are to be fitted, the fillings need to be so to say fixed/ cut. I have problematic legs, my quads are enormous and this last month I am even skipping leg days in the gym but.. I want to tighten them a bit starting from below the behind to the knees.
I am confused by the shoulders. Without the jacket it looks like you have fairly normal shoulders. Not sloping, but not Kevin McHale square. Why is this jacket both sitting well beyond the width of your shoulders and completely squared off and then higher? This looks like a bespoke fitting so did you ask the tailor to do this?
As I said, the shoulders are to be fitted. I have one more tryout and then everything will be done. I am not sure what they are called but I have fillings in the shoulder and they are to be fitted better so I think that's why you all find the shoulders a bit odd.
For my tastes, the jacket length is quite short, given that the shoulders are pretty broad/strong. I think a little extra length would make it look nicer. However, that's personal choice not absolute fit advice. On that latter, it's difficult to tell, but it generally looks good except that I would double-check that when the jacket is sitting normally (ie you're not taking a photo), the lower front halves of the jacket aren't overlapping too much (possibly because of a slightly narrow chest?). As I say, it's marginal in the photo, and could simply be postural rather than real.
There must be something wrong with me since I actually think the jacket is a bit long :D Here are some more photos:

As you can see, there is still work needed in the shoulder section and the collar is yet to be made.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
I actually wanted to shorten the jacket for 1 cm.. The shoulders are to be fitted, the fillings need to be so to say fixed/ cut. I have problematic legs, my quads are enormous and this last month I am even skipping leg days in the gym but.. I want to tighten them a bit starting from below the behind to the knees.

Do not shorten the jacket, it's already quite a bit short, in my opinion. I'll not comment on the shoulder line as the tailor's style is very far from my taste, but bringing them in a bit would suit you better, in my opinion. Btw, the sleeve seems to need some rotating, but those pictures are not very good.
Regarding the trousers, tightening them will not resolve the problem, as your diagnosis is wrong, in my opinion, they suffer from long back balance and no leg opening in this world will solve this problem.
Did your tailor mention some of those alterations?

Champy

Reaction score
Do not shorten the jacket, it's already quite a bit short, in my opinion. I'll not comment on the shoulder line as the tailor's style is very far from my taste, but bringing them in a bit would suit you better, in my opinion. Btw, the sleeve seems to need some rotating, but those pictures are not very good.
Regarding the trousers, tightening them will not resolve the problem, as your diagnosis is wrong, in my opinion, they suffer from long back balance and no leg opening in this world will solve this problem.
Did your tailor mention some of those alterations?

The jacket length will remain the same. Yes, the shoulder will definitely be brought in and they are not in the so to say final stage. I will post more photos of the shoulders, sleeves and the overall jacket when it fully done for you all to check it out and tell me what you think. As for the trousers, I am not sure I fully understand you but the tailor did mention there will be some alterations to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads