• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather has remained cool, and I'm taking full advantage of it.

Suit - BB Regent
Shirt - Turnbull & Asser
Tie - Tyrwhitt
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - AE Seven

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mr Consistency.

this.
--

pliny, i think the combo is very nice. different shades of brown/beige are excellent together as long as they are not too close in tone. you done good!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a murder scene? noap, just my kids messing around with sidewalk chalk.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haven't seen a fit from you before, I think, so welcome! I like the colours and overall relaxed casual look of the individual elements. Having said that, that overall casual vibe isn't in sync with popping the jacket collar. To me, that always comes across as a very calculated style choice (unless it's genuinely really blustery/raining, in which case you wouldn't be taking a photo of yourself!). IMO therefore, a popped collar requires the other elements of the outfit to appear similarly calculated, creating a deliberately flashy-casual look, which your outfit otherwise is not. So for your outfit, keep the collar down.

Assuming the weather is OK for it, you might also want undo another shirt button, to echo the relaxed look of other items. Alternatively, if you wanted to dress it up fractionally, a wool or knit tie would be great here.

a murder scene? noap, just my kids messing around with sidewalk chalk.

Admit it, you shot a Grey Alien, didn't you? They only wanted to probe you, dammit.

Rain, rain, go away... (much-needed trench & brolly were added on going out):

MisterFu

Reaction score
The weather has remained cool, and I'm taking full advantage of it.

Suit - BB Regent
Shirt - Turnbull & Asser
Tie - Tyrwhitt
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - AE Seven

You seem to have this down to a science. Other than the JAB seersucker you showed us the other day, do you own any ill-fitting suits? You have one hell of a wardrobe.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, B!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You seem to have this down to a science. Other than the JAB seersucker you showed us the other day, do you own any ill-fitting suits? You have one hell of a wardrobe.

Thank you, MisterFu. As it happens, posting on this site made me re-examine my entire wardrobe (rather forcibly - critiques were to the point - sometimes uncomfortablty so), and engendered a great deal of re-tailoring over the last several years (caused by weight changes - happily, in a downwards direction). Occasionally, if I pull a suit off of the rack that I've not worn in several months, it's a spin of the roulette wheel to see if it will fit properly, but at least nowadays, the suit has a better chance of being too big, rather than too small.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really like the colours, the jacket and especially the cardigan, but the problem with this is that the scale of the patterns on the tie and jacket are way too similar. A wonderful set ends up being terribly busy. 

I understand the criticism and agree that the patterns are quite similar - one is plaid and the other is plaid too. Obviously, this was not done by accident :satisfied:

Now, whether using two patterns separated by a vast expanse of blue and light blue is "terribly busy" is probably debatable. It's certainly a bit more peacocky than my typical conservative business dress outfits - also a reason I wanted to share with my fellow SFers who are used to a bit more sober fits on me. :)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand the criticism and agree that the patterns are quite similar - one is plaid and the other is plaid too. Obviously, this was not done by accident :satisfied:

Now, whether using two patterns separated by a vast expanse of blue and light blue is "terribly busy" is probably debatable. It's certainly a bit more peacocky than my typical conservative business dress outfits - also a reason I wanted to share with my fellow SFers who are used to a bit more sober fits on me. :)

i enjoyed the "dandy" gdl fit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads