• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaz

Reaction score
This suit is now wearable after being tailored, albeit still a bit on the tight side at the hips; tailor did what he could. Hopefully I'll resume weight loss.

Zythophile

Reaction score
This really annoys me, you've made a great effort in dressing well in what seems like a nice restaurant serving good food and you've got some tossers in the background wearing baseball caps indoors. Why do restauranteurs allow this? I was happy in Claridges this morn when some guest came down with hats and were told to take them off.

Zythophile

Reaction score

Jacket seems a bit short (and I don't know what to wear with a velvet jacket, but I'm pretty sure it isn't cotton pants). French cuffs are probably too formal with everything else. And burn the socks (but I also dislike "fun" socks, so others here may be fans)

Thanks, a lot of my jackets are like this - I'm of a strange shape. If my jacket is the right length in regards to my waist it's way bellow my hands...if that makes sense. With my arms by my side the bottom of the jacket is about 3 inches longer than where the tips of my fingers are. Two tailors have noticed this, my Purdey jacket is a good middle match.

Re the cotton trousers- I was going to a lengthy show at the Albert Hall do wanted cool clothes! Good show too.

I quite like fun socks haha.

Zythophile

Reaction score

Jacket seems a bit short (and I don't know what to wear with a velvet jacket, but I'm pretty sure it isn't cotton pants). French cuffs are probably too formal with everything else. And burn the socks (but I also dislike "fun" socks, so others here may be fans)

Thanks, a lot of my jackets are like this - I'm of a strange shape. If my jacket is the right length in regards to my waist it's way bellow my hands...if that makes sense. With my arms by my side the bottom of the jacket is about 3 inches longer than where the tips of my fingers are. Two tailors have noticed this, my Purdey jacket is a good middle match.

Re the cotton trousers- I was going to a lengthy show at the Albert Hall do wanted cool clothes! Good show too.

Zythophile

Reaction score

twistoffat

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but I don´t feel wearing caps indoors as bad as an actual hat, but all at the dinner Table are a no no.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Excellent outfit Rob. Nitpick: can the collar points not be ironed flat?
Yes it can, I was being a little lazy.
people wearing baseball caps in the restaurant? looks like you are back in the US...
Where's Tony Soprano when you need him? At least its a Met hat. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

cronicmole

Reaction score

This really annoys me, you've made a great effort in dressing well in what seems like a nice restaurant serving good food and you've got some tossers in the background wearing baseball caps indoors. Why do restauranteurs allow this? I was happy in Claridges this morn when some guest came down with hats and were told to take them off.

This is so dumb.. how does what a next man wears annoy you? eat your food and enjoy your company.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, where my grandparents left off the military stepped in. Thanks to that I am unable to wear a hat indoors without sweating profusely and looking around the room for stripes.

:lol:

Agreed that hats should not be worn indoors.

If the pic is where I think it is (Buttermilk Channel), it's a pretty casual restaurant. I still think people shouldn't wear their hats indoors, but it's hardly a coat and tie kinda place. It's also in brownstone Brooklyn, land of the Man-Boys (and I say this as someone who lives in brownstone Brooklyn... It's very unfortunate to see a 40 year old man dressed like a child, but that's the de facto uniform here).

I will lament the decline of places requiring a coat and tie though. There are very few of them left, but I do appreciate them even more for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads