• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden for leathersoul hawaii suede tassels, A Suitable Wardrobe "belgians" sans bow and Alden #9 Cigar Shell Cordovan tassels.

Can you tell us more about the belgians?
I checked ASW and while I was able to find some animal patterned shoes as well as those with bows, I couldn't find the style you are running, which imo is the most appealing.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X post from Aussie members thread. Been a while between drinks on this thread. Not really a fit pic, but WIWT none the less

Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: CW
Tie: Henry Carter Plum Grenadine
PS: Henry Carter Blue printed silk.

southernstyle

Reaction score

SO awesome southernstyle. And please don't stop posting, I wanna see more :)

Thank you sir

Also, southernstyle, donning a tie sans jacket is/was a custom where you live? Really interested (international relations scientist's fetish).

No, I work in a haberdashery and I take my jacket off in the back when I'm pricing items and preparing items for customer pick up. I wear that blue blazer (Samuelsohn cashmere) nearly everyday, I'm waiting for my first suit to arrive.

Can you tell us more about the belgians?
I checked ASW and while I was able to find some animal patterned shoes as well as those with bows, I couldn't find the style you are running, which imo is the most appealing.

You can find them here, I just removed the bows: http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/suedehouseshoeswithcontrastingtrim.aspx

First pair of pants are linen?

Yes sir, Hickey Freeman to be exact.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This breaks all my personal rules and is probably best relegated to the peacock thread.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This breaks all my personal rules and is probably best relegated to the peacock thread.

I like the idea. I am not sure whether the tie colour is the right one, but I am trying to think of a colour that would work better - perhaps a deep or royal blue, but I don't know.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like it, Lufty, but I think the collar is too small in relation to the size of the lapels. Neither is problematic on their own, just together. I see this a lot with club collars, FWIW, because of the extra mass you lose when you round off the points.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
Yes black.
Just some Strellson pants

Since this is a style forum, I will share with you my opinion: I am not fond of your outfit.
It is not the bow tie, neither it is the black blazer, nor the shade of the trousers (which feels daywear/casual to me). It is the combination of all those pieces together.
Could you share with us the venue where you donned such outfit? With that information we can give you a more constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads