• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant Honey

Reaction score
Should I have the chest of this jacket altered a bit? I feel it is about .75-1 inches too big. The shoulders are unpadded and lie at the end of my shoulder and the waist seems ok but the chest seems bulky. It is linen to I like a little flow but wanted your guys thoughts. Sorry for the crap pictures, it is raining outside and the light sucked everywhere.
The pink shirt didn't turn out as well as I wanted to either, oh well
frown.gif
. Rainy day go away.

With the exception of the trousers (actually a lot of your trousers fit a bit oddly), I think this jacket fits better than anything you've posted in the past 4 months. It's flattering. I don't think a lot of your clothing fits are complimentary to your physique. This one is.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No No No!
This is Citan with his daily hand-wringing post about alterations. He needs the sleeves shortening, the length longthening, a centre vent adding and the patch pockets changed to flaps. Change the linen to cotton and the pattern to houndstooth herringbone and it will look perfect.

Hey I can laugh at myself, this was pretty funny. I guess my uncertainty shows sometimes. I will talk to my therapist about that and watch what I say from now on :hide:

It already has a center vent though, sorry.

With the exception of the trousers (actually a lot of your trousers fit a bit oddly), I think this jacket fits better than anything you've posted in the past 4 months. It's flattering. I don't think a lot of your clothing fits are complimentary to your physique. This one is.

I will humbly disagree this fits me better. I think my caruso suit and howard yount blazer fit me better. But, all in all, I don't look horrible and I make do with what I can :nodding:. Thanks for the compliment on this jacket but I don't think I am going to sell off the rest of my stuff anytime soon. My trousers, sigh, I don't know I don't think those will ever be right until I go bespoke. I have big thighs and seat but relatively slim everywhere else so don't really know what to say other than I'll try better next time.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My trousers, sigh, I don't know I don't think those will ever be right until I go bespoke. I have big thighs and seat but relatively slim everywhere else so don't really know what to say other than I'll try better next time.
My opinion is that you're getting low rise trousers and wearing them as if they were high rise. At least that's what it usually looks like.

Ant Honey

Reaction score
My opinion is that you're getting low rise trousers and wearing them as if they were high rise. At least that's what it usually looks like.
I suspect something like this. If like he says about being slim elsewhere but having a large behind and thighs, that could be the diaper effect i often see as well.

Ant Honey

Reaction score
Hey I can laugh at myself, this was pretty funny. I guess my uncertainty shows sometimes. I will talk to my therapist about that and watch what I say from now on
peepwall[1].gif

It already has a center vent though, sorry.
I will humbly disagree this fits me better. I think my caruso suit and howard yount blazer fit me better. But, all in all, I don't look horrible and I make do with what I can
nod[1].gif
. Thanks for the compliment on this jacket but I don't think I am going to sell off the rest of my stuff anytime soon. My trousers, sigh, I don't know I don't think those will ever be right until I go bespoke. I have big thighs and seat but relatively slim everywhere else so don't really know what to say other than I'll try better next time.
Could be. This jacket looks good on you though. I may not have seen everything you've posted but this jacket stands out as fitting better than most anyway. Regarding the trousers, can you have them tailored at all? There's a mangina thing going on plus the diaper like puffy-ness below the belt. I'd imagine you could purchase a larger size and have the waist taken in no?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, I feel since I joined you have toned the color of your combinations down and thus improved a lot in overall style.
All of your recent combinations are very well chosen imo.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A poor pose, but a picture nonetheless, of my new bespoke blazer. There are no wrinkles on the sleeves when I stand normally. It's hard to take a picture without a stand or someone to take your picture. Fits pretty well for the first commission with my new tailor. Sastreria Aedo, Santiago de Chile.

Last edited:

Naka

Reaction score

Spoo, I feel since I joined you have toned the color of your combinations down and thus improved a lot in overall style.
All of your recent combinations are very well chosen imo.

I miss outrageous spoo. There are enough Navy Coat/Suit, White/Blue Shirt and Grenadine Tie wearers in this thread. Seeing Spoo's crazy SC's and pocketsquares was a breath of fresh air.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I wore a wool tie. It felt entirely appropriate to the weather. In the middle of the 'summer' months.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
checking in a bit late...
Untitled-1.jpg

Tom Ford era Gucci, Kiton shirt, BR trous, McNairy **** You pocket square, G&G hoves, GMT IIc watch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

checking in a bit late...
Untitled-1.jpg
Tom Ford era Gucci, Kiton shirt, BR trous, McNairy **** You pocket square, G&G hoves, GMT IIc watch.

but who did the hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads