• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBatMan

Reaction score

818f104f.jpg

have a great night all ...​

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My 2nd attempt @ WAYWRN; need some insight for my did-wells and next-times :)

I generally like the vibe you are going for. I (and this is coming from a staunch bracelet proponent) just would not wear bracelets out on a naked wrist with a french cuff. Shirt looks fantastic though.

ianGP

Reaction score

I can't help with the did wells, but next time buy a bigger suit.

But with smaller lapels...for a did well, I'd say the shirt collar is a good one for you.

noted; it does feel abit tight on the shoulders. I've tried on a slightly bigger size however I feel sloppy in it....I'll have to find a happy medium I guess.

I generally like the vibe you are going for. I (and this is coming from a staunch bracelet proponent) just would not wear bracelets out on a naked wrist with a french cuff. Shirt looks fantastic though.

Thanks Spoo!

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn't look too bad. The contrast-collar and stripes and colors to me are a real 'executive' look which seems a bit at odds with your otherwise twinkish appearance, but if it's what you're going for, well, there you are.

did you just call me a "young looking gay man"? ...
:wow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

if you used the term knowing the meaning, then FU
if you used the term without knowing the meaning, then... FU and make sure you actually know wtf you're saying

Last edited:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Not a fan o' the sack?

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Not a fan o' the sack?
:nodding:

Though the suit in your latest fit looks like it has chest darts, so is not technically a sack?

I think the shape of the coat is actually not bad; I think it would look a lot better overall if the coat was a bit shorter and the trousers were a bit slimmer. Maybe the coat could be brought in a little bit. Admittedly though, my tastes may not really be suitable for working in law.

Last edited:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:nodding:

Though the suit in your latest fit looks like it has chest darts, so is not technically a sack?…

I think the shape of the coat is actually not bad; I think it would look a lot better overall if the coat was a bit shorter and the trousers were a bit slimmer. Maybe the coat could be brought in a little bit. Admittedly though, my tastes may not really be suitable for working in law.

You're right that this coat isn't a sack; it's a relatively recent BB Madison cut. Generally, though, I've learned that so many attorneys dress awfully, that one need only minimum competency to look better than one's peers. Not denigrating my colleagues, but there's a reason that Jos. A. Bank is in the first floor of one of the most law-firm friendly buildings in Philadelphia.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the gay world, it really just means a skinny young guy.

2.Twink
A term often used in homosexual circles to describe a man with a smooth, youthful, only slightly-muscular, physique.

In any case, I said you had a twinkish appearance, not that you were a twink.

But **** you for believing that being called gay is such a horrible insult.
I'd take twink over bear. But that's just me.

emptym

Reaction score

Theres much truth in this. When I started here, I was an idiot. I looked like **** 90% of the time, but was convinced that I was "standing out" and that was worth it. Look at some of my old fits if they're still around. Awful styles, colors, cuts, and just general ugliness...

This is true about most of us. But only the best of us admit it.

Back to standing out for a sec. I'm not totally against that either. I'm just not a fan of being different for the sake of being different. I think some people, like Neofinitia, stand out, not to shock or distinguish themselves from others, but simply as an expression of who they are and out of a desire to share beauty with others.
That's great. It was like a thousand degrees yesterday, so kind of silly, but great looking.

I wore a barong yesterday.
Caught up with the lads from The Rake then dinner with gshen the other night in Singapore aka "The Truman Show"..
bRog.jpg

Very nice.

Spoo, you're such a slave to the rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics