• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
xLVhW.jpg
OYJPv.jpg

H5qqe.jpg

Is that a Hober tie?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was gonna x-post in conservative business dress, but I figured that the orange tie really wasn't going to cut it, even for spring/summer. Then there's the hosiery issue...

201106131.jpg

I note that this lightweight worsted just immediately wrinkles in my gentlemanly area and holds on to the creases for the rest of the day.

201106133.jpg

201106134.jpg

BTW, diggin' on Orge's tie and ndw's linen(?) suit.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I promised not to post any more until I found a real working camera but I just got this navy Brooks Brothers SC with waist suppression already built in. El Tigre eggshell linen slacks.

IMG_20110613_070717-1.jpg

I was determined to wear my new Varvatos Star America even though the collar is not SF approved. BB tie. Macclesfield PS.

IMG_20110613_070830-1-1.jpg

Nunn Bush brown suedes holding a space until I find a real pair. Just sox...'nuff said.

IMG_20110613_070842-1.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
I promised not to post any more until I found a real working camera but I just got this navy Brooks Brothers SC with waist suppression already built in. El Tigre eggshell linen slacks.

IMG_20110613_070717-1.jpg

I was determined to wear my new Varvatos Star America even though the collar is not SF approved. BB tie. Macclesfield PS.

IMG_20110613_070830-1-1.jpg

Nunn Bush brown suedes holding a space until I find a real pair. Just sox...'nuff said.

IMG_20110613_070842-1.jpg

Dig, seeing as you're a car man, I know you'll know what I mean when I say that this is a 20-foot fit. The full-length is promising, but up close, it kinda falls apart. I think there's just too much going on with the windowpane, the multistripe shirt, the tie, and the PS. I think even the jedi members would have difficulty pulling off so many patterns above the waist.

Now, for perspective, I would say it's miles beyond where you started, so you're not really straying from the path of progress, just plateauing a bit. (IMO, of course...)

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dig - those pics trip me out!
I don't know what that means. Will you be sending me the Kiton SC now? I'm certain the SF forum rules state that after you have passed 10K posts, you have to do pro bono work and you may as well start there.
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Dig, seeing as you're a car man, I know you'll know what I mean when I say that this is a 20-foot fit. The full-length is promising, but up close, it kinda falls apart. I think there's just too much going on with the windowpane, the multistripe shirt, the tie, and the PS. I think even the jedi members would have difficulty pulling off so many patterns above the waist. Now, for perspective, I would say it's miles beyond where you started, so you're not really straying from the path of progress, just plateauing a bit. (IMO, of course...)
Understood, LOL. I should have gone with the green grenadine and a white linen PS? The shirt was gittin' worn, regardless.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Echoing what Butch said. Good progress Diggs. Not a fan of contrast collar shirts and your sleeves look a bit long but still doesn't detract too much from a very decent rig.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Echoing what Butch said. Good progress Diggs. Not a fan of contrast collar shirts and your sleeves look a bit long but still doesn't detract too much from a very decent rig.
Thanks, I'll take whatever praise I can get. Like I said, I shouldn't use the Droid camera as it is fairly horrible for indoor pictures. The shirt collar is the same as the body and is a bit more visible in the full length shot. The sleeves have not been adjusted as there is a massive suit sale taking place at the joint where my seamstress works and it'll be a coupla weeks before she has time for side work again. My alterations pile is growing steadily.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Understood, LOL. I should have gone with the green grenadine and a white linen PS? The shirt was gittin' worn, regardless.
Spoo might not agree with me on this, but I would suggest that this shirt and this SC should maintain a long-distance relationship rather than shacking up (how's that for some Dig-esque metaphor?). I don't love the tie, but there's no reason that it doesn't "work" with the SC. I think the patterns of the tie and PS are too close in scale to be used in the same fit. So, your alternative of grenadine and white linen PS certainly would have improved the fit, but I don't think they would have "fixed" it.
My alterations pile is growing steadily.
I guess all of us second-handers and thrifters need to go through this for ourselves, but I'll put it out there anyway: No matter how good a deal it is, if it doesn't fit into your gameplan, it should be left on the rack. I'm in the process of unwinding some of my exuberance, in fact. It's hard to pass on these things, but you have to wait for your pitch and then swing for the fences. Orgetorix is a good example of what you *can* do with thrifted finds, but even he has been selling off some pieces that he realized just weren't working for him. So, in summary, maybe slow your roll a bit?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoo might not agree with me on this, but I would suggest that this shirt and any SC should maintain a long-distance relationship rather than shacking up

Agreed and accentuated
smile.gif

I know you love this shirt, Dig - not knocking it - but its so casual, you should not really do a SC with it. If anything, a light color like khaki without a pattern.

JJGooden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotDickDiver
Very nice. I am usually not a fan of multi-striped shirts, but you make it (the whole combination) look appealing.

Agreed. This is a great example of how you can break the rules a little bit (different type of pattern on each piece) and still make it work.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...So, in summary, maybe slow your roll a bit?
It's kinda scary how this stuff links together, isn't it? It's as if we shared a Vulcan mind meld or...well, never mind. Re: The official thrift/discount store bragging thread Post #15525
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Agreed and accentuated
smile.gif
I know you love this shirt, Dig - not knocking it - but its so casual, you should not really do a SC with it. If anything, a light color like khaki without a pattern.

Bah...enough! Where's my pro bono Kiton? Spoo ship now! Seriously, this shirt was just acquired over the weekend. The wearing of it was for the purpose of testing the fit under a 41R SC as it is a slimmer fit than most everything else that I have, so far. Actually, the shirt makes a funny crinkling noise when worn that means it will be set aside for emergency use only.

Levijudah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Weekending in Cotton/Linen Blend Shirt and Linen Pants

Drivers by Cole Haan

Bag by J.Fold

225415_550948612756_35500033_31722673_3135245_n.jpg

Really want to know more about these sunglasses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads