1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fly as fuck! (P.S. can we have a close-up of the sunglasses? Are they tortoise shell? I need a pair of flat-tops!) Also, with longer hair, you'd look like this: [​IMG] Which, of course, is fricking awesome (and you must do, btw)!

2. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    "Suity is in the eye of the beholder"
    [​IMG]

3. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Another great post. These pictures have a great feeling to them.

Cheers EFV! Now that the weather is nice I love getting out to stoll down to the lake and harbour on my lunch break.

Fly as fuck! (P.S. can we have a close-up of the sunglasses? Are they tortoise shell? I need a pair of flat-tops!)

Cheers Japan!
    The sunglasses were a father's day gift from my step daughter who found them at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. They're Cole Haan so they're faux tortoise. I needed to replace my old Opti-Rays which I've had since the 80's and have since become too small and scratched up.

[​IMG]

Holy crap I have that exact tie!!! My hair will probably get to that length soon enough [​IMG]

4. acecow

acecow Senior member

Holy crap I have that exact tie!!! My hair will probably get to that length soon enough [​IMG]

Let's hope you'll tie it better.

5. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Let's hope you'll tie it better.

Okay it's not "exact" as the reps are different but you get the idea...

Well I don't like the shirt I paired it with in this shot but as for knotting I'll let you be the judge [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another new one but unable to wear it in the heat......stop the heat!!

7. acecow

acecow Senior member

As I knew you would. [​IMG]

8. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Dunno actually, I suppose it's a no-namer. I found it in a sort of vintage shop in Stockholm. This wrist band isn't vintage though. I think you can find similar ones if you search eBay for "nato wrist watch bands" or something similar.
    Ok, it looks nice thought. I might going to buy such wrist for my watch.

9. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

10. JapanAlex01

Fred49: nice jacket! What are you going to pair it with? Achillus: I like, but aren't those trousers too tight?! Personal preference, but the shoes are too pointy for me! [​IMG] Like the colour, though! Also, is the jacket black? I don't know why (maybe I'm a traditionalist), but I dislike brown and black paired! :/ (Sorry, eek! [​IMG])

11. JapanAlex01

[​IMG]

How do you guys get that over-lap thing? I mean, the little bit of tie that peaks out from under the top of the knot? Does it form naturally, or do you fiddle with it to get it to look that way? (Tie noob here.)

12. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Achillus: I like, but aren't those trousers too tight?! Personal preference, but the shoes are too pointy for me! [​IMG] Like the colour, though!
    Thanks. About the trousers, the are just fine. Feeling comfortable, and looking fitted. But it might be my 'love' for Italian fits.

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Tried this out today, first post here [​IMG] [​IMG] A few weeks ago, still learning to do self-portraits [​IMG]

14. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

How do you guys get that over-lap thing? I mean, the little bit of tie that peaks out from under the top of the knot? Does it form naturally, or do you fiddle with it to get it to look that way? (Tie noob here.)

It's a Double FIH, just wrap twice and the tuck through behind both wraps. It takes a little fiddling to get the reps to line up but I like the extra added texture and it adds just the right of heft to the knot...also helps solve the problem of ties the are a bit long for a regular FIH.

15. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

So.. this is me when striking an extremely natural pose [​IMG] Sort of experiencing the Ricky-Bobby issue with the hands.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. JapanAlex01

Thanks. About the trousers: the are just fine; feeling comfortable, and looking fitted. But it might be my love for Italian fits.
    Sorry, no offence meant; I just blab my opinion. Maybe I should frame it moar..! O:)
    It's a Double FIH; just wrap twice, and tuck through, behind both wraps. It takes a little fiddling to get the reps to line up, but I like the extra added texture, and it adds just the right amount of heft to the knot. Also, helps solve the problem of ties that are a bit too long for a regular FIH.
    No homo, but I think you may just be one of the best poasters on SF! Polite, informative, well-dressed and friendly! (Butt-rubbing over, and thanks for the replies!)
    [​IMG]
    Really like the patch pockets here, and the hefty-looking material is nice!

17. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

[​IMG]

I have the same watch.. [​IMG] ... [​IMG] .. I also like the shoes but I cannot figure out the colors of your outfit because of the strange "sepia" effect on your other pics... probably due to the bad camera in a combination with the badly lit room

18. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

I just ordered the nato bands from Ebay for 8 dollars [​IMG].

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

I have the same watch.. [​IMG] ... [​IMG] .. I also like the shoes but I cannot figure out the colors of your outfit because of the strange "sepia" effect on your other pics... probably due to the bad camera in a combination with the badly lit room
    Yeah, i do have a bad Canon camera, it doesn't work well in dark enviroments. Will buy a SLR cam soon [​IMG].

20. JapanAlex01

I just ordered the nato bands, from Ebay, for 8 dollars. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    WTF?! *Rushes to eBay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.