1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Spoo - this is your goldie-locks getup, ie just the right amount of "FU". Although I agree with Holdfast that a different tie would have harmonized better... maybe something with stripes or a subtle pattern? anyway, still looks great!

2. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Another beautiful day for a River Walk Stroll.

Just playing around with different combos...the trou are dark navy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. acecow

acecow Senior member

[​IMG]

Holy poop, that is awesome!!! [​IMG]

Moar butt-cam

[​IMG]

Very nice fit. Very, very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking good as always. I missed your posts.

4. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[​IMG]

Is "swellegent" a word? It does apply here, true word or not. Nicely done Pand, and great to see you posting again in this, the most sweltering of seasons. I have always admired the fact that you adjust your mix-and-match wardrobe so well to the various times of year.

5. ndw

ndw Senior member

Nice colours. By the way, congratulations on deciding to have a change of pace; it's really liberating and lots of fun to have new venture. It was around this time last year that I handed in my letter of resignation to my former employers; it was SO enjoyable to do, and it's been a good year since too. Hope your change of tack goes well too.

Thanks, HF. It was a side venture, which, unexpectedly, has become more than a full time job so it just felt right.

[​IMG]

^Nice, PA. I wore a very similar combo last week that I thought worked well - cream sc, white shirt, black tie w white dots, navy trousers and black suede shoes. Nice to see you posting again.

I find the shape those lapels make fascinating, and am undecided whether I like them or not. Is there a name for the way they curve? In theory do they alter the impression of the shape of the wearer, e.g. make a bigger guy look slimmer?

I would say the curve is just the "roll" of the lapel. I think it looks awkarxd though because it just need a better pressing. It's a lightweight linen and my tailor pressed it as a hard 3 when I took it in for an alteration. I am trying to coax it back to its original 3 roll 2 state. Don't know about the "theory" of the effect of the lapel in relation to body shape.

6. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

So... A new bow tie look from me then. I tried it out with two different pochets (se spoiler for close ups and what not). The colour is kind of grainy in the darker areas of the pics because the original pictures were very dark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And with another PS [​IMG]

What's the name of your watch band EFV?

7. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Love clothes that tell different stories (patterns) at different distances. Well done.
    About 95 and humid... [​IMG]
    You must be roasting [​IMG]
    Another beautiful day for a River Walk Stroll. Just playing around with different combos...the trou are dark navy. [​IMG]
    Like. You've always been one of my favorites, PA. Two days in a row. I'm just going off the rails here. Bespoke sportcoat (H&S 100s if I remember right), Paul Stuart shirt, Samuelsohn pants, vintage links, PS and Seamaster, Ralph Lauren belt, AE Park Ave. From the pics, the pant and jacket look similar - I can assure you that they are very distinct - charcoal plaid vs navy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

9. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

harry2quinn got that 2008 TRINI stee-lo.

Spoo has passed everyone else the fuck up. All of you crybabies lamenting how WAYWRN sucks these days is ignoring gents like Spoo and Parker. Add to that Vox's occasional sprinklings of holy water and what you have is some serious looks. Be honest with yourselves, there are still dudes that bring the heat.

10. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

11. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

harry2quinn got that 2008 TRINI stee-lo. Spoo has passed everyone else the fuck up. All of you crybabies lamenting how WAYWRN sucks these days is ignoring gents like Spoo and Parker. Add to that Vox's occasional sprinklings of holy water and what you have is some serious looks. Be honest with yourselves, there are still dudes that bring the heat.
    I would add at least PG, and there's a roster of other excellent posters, too many to be mentioned individually. Lots of noobs have began posting, too, and that's how it should be.

12. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

harry2quinn got that 2008 TRINI stee-lo.

Sure it ain't just the bathroom?

13. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Looking good as always. I missed your posts.

Cheers ace! I needed to take a break and besides I had pretty much run through most possible combos with my wardobe up to the purchase of the new linen suit and didn't feel the need to post the same thing over and over again. Now, I've decided to restrict my posting to only those fits that are new(ish) and I feel are at least somewhat good enough to post here.

Is "swellegent" a word? It does apply here, true word or not. Nicely done Pand, and great to see you posting again in this, the most sweltering of seasons. I have always admired the fact that you adjust your mix-and-match wardrobe so well to the various times of year.

[​IMG] is that Sweltering + Elegant or Swell + Elegant? Fortunately it's been near perfect weather here the past few days! Well, it was time for me to break down and get a nice linen suit but even with it's addition my wardrobe is still limited, so I have to figure out how to get the most milage from anything new I do purchase. Next is finding a nice combo the works with the trousers.

^Nice, PA. I wore a very similar combo last week that I thought worked well - cream sc, white shirt, black tie w white dots, navy trousers and black suede shoes. Nice to see you posting again.

I was surprised at how well this combo worked...it was mostly a last minute thing, as I didn't like how the jacket that goes with the trou fit. So, I quickly threw on the linen jacket...said "I like it" and ran out the door [​IMG]

Like. You've always been one of my favorites, PA.

Cheers harry! I appreciate the kind words and likewise.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

15. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

16. EFV

What's the name of your watch band EFV?

Dunno actually, I suppose it's a no-namer. I found it in a sort of vintage shop in Stockholm. This wrist band isn't vintage though. I think you can find similar ones if you search eBay for "nato wrist watch bands" or something similar.

17. EFV

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another great post. These pictures have a great feeling to them.

18. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

19. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

20. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[​IMG] is that Sweltering + Elegant or Swell + Elegant?

You'll have to figure that out for yourself..."Suity is in the eye of the beholder"... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.