• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig, the jacket seems to be pulling; the lapels bow out not a little. Could be the sweater adding bulk. In any case, if wearing a sweater I'd leave the jacket unbuttoned.
Shoes are great, and your colors are nice for the fall.
The cashmere/silk sweater is paper thin so the jacket IS pulling. It is sized as a 36S which seems impossible to me but it is my intention to use the sweater while leaving the jacket unbuttoned as you said. I only buttoned it for fit purposes.

Dig,
Very nice fall look. Jacket seems to be a touch tight and sleeves a touch short. I can't make out the yellow, which I like because I think the small flash of solid white looks good here.
Tight yes but the sleeves appear short only in some of the pics. They are somewhat tight as well and once they had ridden up, were slow to fall back down to their proper length.

...Left comments in the thumb, but also wanted to say that I think that's the best I've seen such a busy, neat, tie look in a while, and I think it's because it's mostly hidden. It looks awesome, and I'm jealous, but part of the reason I think that it works here is that it is restrained behind the sweater. The whole thing looks very cohesive though. Also, I really dig that collar on you. It seems a good height for your neck, and the whole thing, with the shirt as white from the photo, gives you a very 50s dad (done well) sort of appearance.
Thanks! The shirt is a very pale yellow which I thought would add to the fall color palette.
I see what you're going for here, Dig, but I think you're wide of the mark. The green sweater is fighting the olive trousers IMO. Also, the fit is a step backward. You've lost all that weight, but this combo has you looking like a big square from the waist up. UrbComp may be right about the sweater underneath the jacket, or maybe it's just not the right cut/size for you. Maybe a bit longer would be better?
I swear, two of us looked at those pants again this morning and decided they were brown and not olive. They seem to change dramatically in natural light. The jacket will be worn unbuttoned with the sweater as previously mentioned until at least 10 more pounds are lost.

Thanks to everyone for some very helpful critique.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gnatty's waist suppression might be exacerbated by his patented Gnatty Pose
2122.png
which can also lead to the Turkey Triangle
00a9.png
. I'm pretty sure it'd be a little less severe if he did the robo pose.

It's the "Gnatty Gneck", UC. Much like the "Crusty Crouch".

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a full list of these?

:laugh:

Sugerbutch, The colors are nice on your outfit. I love plaid ties, but it doesn't mesh well with the suit - the very narrow stripes reflect a city look, and the tie is very country. I could wax on about it, but that's the gist of it.

IMO the tie would look better with a tweed, mottled flannel, or even corduroy jacket. The large scale would work well with all but a windowpane or large check. Alternatively, keep the suit, but exchange the tie for something more city, maybe a silk twill.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sugarbutch, The colors are nice on your outfit. I love plaid ties, but it doesn't mesh well with the suit - the very narrow stripes reflect a city look, and the tie is very country. I could wax on about it, but that's the gist of it.

IMO the tie would look better with a tweed, mottled flannel, or even corduroy jacket. The large scale would work well with all but a windowpane or large check. Alternatively, keep the suit, but exchange the tie for something more city, maybe a silk twill.

All of what you say is true. I was just pushing the boundaries today. Upon reflection, more so even than the gauge of the stripes vs. the plaid, the "hardness" of the worsted suit and the "softness" of the wool tie were fighting each other. Next time I'll give it a spin with the Harris tweed.

I feel you bro.

:laugh:
I don't know which is better, green or orange. :decisions:

I have both. And some purple, too.

Why not do them all at once?:hide:

6127107259_2333b9ca89_z.jpg

Edit: I feel like this just %'d the thread...

****, my wife gives your socks the thumbs up.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not really surprised the cargo trousers didn't get much love, but I love em, think its a pretty subtle detail on a slim pant that makes em stand out a bit from the crowd. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads