• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn, Derk - thats a goiter at your neck! Over, around and through - try that, should reduce the swelling a bit. Also, the pants - are they about 7-7.25" at the cuff? Is the rise about 10 - 11"? I think you would benefit more from a slightly higher rise and a wider opening at the cuff. You have virtually the same body as I do, so Im pretty sure you would be happy with trying something a little higher and fuller. Your torso (like mine) is extra long, and the lower rise pants make it look longer. You like sleek shoes (like me) and narrow pants are not my favorite with sleek shoes when the hem is on the long side. If you are going to keep these pants with these shoes, take em up 3/4" or so, and I think you would like the look better.

Just my humble.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IMG_0543.jpg

I enjoy your looks, especially your mix of street and MC but this doesn't do it for me. It seems to be mixed metaphors. Classic/semiformal 3 piece concept, with casual patch pockets, casual fabric weave and casual button color,paired with a formal/semiformal white contrasting collar shirt. It seems to want to be a hybrid but isn't casual or formal.

Perhaps if you wore a solid blue or white BDOC shirt and a bit more casual knit tie (Black or navy would be a cool retro look) and a solid white linen pocket square with a puff and not a TV fold? I think that would make a huge difference and fit more the look of the suit yet.

As far as the cut, it seems a bit long (camera angle perhaps??) and the pants seem rather long (maybe just need to be pulled up?). I would also go with darker horn buttons or wear brown shoes with these buttons and not oxblood.

Sorry if this seems to be picky. But I honestly think that the overall look of this outfit could be so much better with a different perspective.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Damn, Derk - thats a goiter at your neck! Over, around and through - try that, should reduce the swelling a bit. Also, the pants - are they about 7-7.25" at the cuff? Is the rise about 10 - 11"? I think you would benefit more from a slightly higher rise and a wider opening at the cuff. You have virtually the same body as I do, so Im pretty sure you would be happy with trying something a little higher and fuller. Your torso (like mine) is extra long, and the lower rise pants make it look longer. You like sleek shoes (like me) and narrow pants are not my favorite with sleek shoes when the hem is on the long side. If you are going to keep these pants with these shoes, take em up 3/4" or so, and I think you would like the look better.
Just my humble.

dude. thats exactly how i tie....Its not as big as it looks...its thick, but the small pic makes it look like the part that goes around my neck is part of the knot....

agreed on the pants as well. You raised some GREAT points on the fit....Im currently looking for some decent trousers that fit me exactly how i like. as of yet, I dont have any that im 100% sold on. frustrating.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no clue why it always comes so damn thick....its a single four in hand....pulled the knot as tight as i can....still comes out this thick
again, i know. love the tie, but with the thick knot, i can only wear it with the cutaway collar shirt.
not sure how to take it, so Im taking it as a complement that you dont absolutely hate it :lol::lol:
again, if anyone could give me some info on how the hell to make that knot smaller, id love some help. But to my knowledge nothing makes a smaller knot than a four in hand.
****click on the pic to make it bigger....I think since the collar is a cutaway the sides of the tie coming out of the knot makes it look so much bigger...little better detail in the larger pic.

This sometimes makes a smaller knot.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/TieKnots/smallknot.tem

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

checking in.....

Derek,

You are a riddle wrapped in an enigma, hidden under a conundrum. More often than not I really like your fits - despite the fact that you are always just a little dishelved or oddly combined, or quirkily fitted.

Yet somehow it all comes together by some sort of alchemy into a whole that is just plain old better than most. Maybe it's that special Tom Ford, cocaine whore spray you use?

Don't let 'em clean you up until you loose your 'edge'.

But I do challenge you to bust out one or two immaculate fits for us as well. Think, 'meeting with the chairman of the board', every little detail perfected. I think it would be a good exercise for you and would up your 'cred' around here if you can pull it off.

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dude. thats exactly how i tie....Its not as big as it looks...its thick, but the small pic makes it look like the part that goes around my neck is part of the knot....

And here I was thinking you put a pair of rolled-up tube socks in the middle of the knot... :embar:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Derek,
You are a ridlle wrapped in an enigma, hidden under a conundrum. More often than not I really like your fits - despite the fact that you are always just a little dishelved or oddly combined, or quirkily fitted.
Yet somehow it all comes together by some sort of alchemy into a whole that is just plain old better than most. Maybe it's that special Tom Ford, cocaine whore spray you use?
Don't let 'em clean you up until you loose your 'edge'.
But I do challenge you to bust out one or two immaculate fits for us as well. Think, 'meeting with the chairman of the board', every little detail perfected. I think it would be a good exercise for you and would up your 'cred' around here if you can pull it off.

thanks for the kind words G. Much appreciated....I am always oddly put together....I appreciate the feedback. Im working on some immaculate fits...Seems i hit everywhere around the bullseye and have yet to hit it right on the money. Give me a bit more time....still learning what works with my body and what doesnt.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, Details on todays suit and tie? Thanks.

Feeling Napoli today -
Suit - Isaia
Shirt - Kiton
Tie - Marinella

Derek,
You are a ridlle wrapped in an enigma, hidden under a conundrum. More often than not I really like your fits - despite the fact that you are always just a little dishelved or oddly combined, or quirkily fitted.

That, plus he has the SpooBody
2122.png
and SpooPose
2122.png
down cold. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics