HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

I've tried. I'm still trying. But gave developers are even harder to convince of this than applications devs. These are people who will turn off all the lights and pull the shades closed on a sunny day, because they "can't work" if there's light.

2. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Details on the suit NYR? I like how the PS is opposite of the shirt :laugh:

The lapels look like they are awfully high on the suit coat, is that normal for you and/or this jacket?

As always, digging the longwings :slayer:

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thanks Achilles, the suit is Ercoles...started as a grey blazer but was too "suity" so I had the trousers and waistcoat done up. These lapels are probably the highest notch, but I don't mind it too much, makes me look taller, I'm only 5'9". LWBs are vintage Hanover, probably early 80s.

4. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I quite like the fabric! I'm kind of on this texture kick, so it's nice to see this three piece :)

I have a pair of Hanover's (LB Sheppard), only they aren't shell. They are freaking tanks! I seriously can't wear them in the summer, my feet get way too hot. They are amazing in the winter though. If I found a pair in my size of shell I would pay a serious premium for them.

5. landshark

landshark Senior member

One of your best fits. I would like to have seen a full length shot with the jacket buttoned. Otherwise, Bravo. :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Rob, I dont want to be a spoilsport, but being totally honest, I think the pants are a bad cut for you. They look too long and baggy and are making you look a bit frumpy. Im not sold on the clunker shoes (but maybe thats just personal preference) with it either, I would have preferred something sleeker with a 3 piece. The fabric is lovely, the shirt/tie/ps is great - I especially love the tie - but the waist down is not doing it for me...

7. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

In his defense, I remember you mentioning your dislike for longwings back when I first got here :laugh:

I would add that I always think a suit with a texture like that is more casual, and aren't longwings more casual as well? I could be way off here too.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I dont like longwings, thats no secret. I think though that his pants are too narrow at the cuff, making them look even longerwingier.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I don't think this is working out, me and you. :cloud: :slapfight::rotflmao:

J/K. Actually they do look a bit frumpy, and in my defense, it was the end of a LONG, HUMID day without a/c. That would help out in the crotch area (not that you were looking) but the legs are a bit wide...I'm cool with them though because its a suit for humid and hot days...very lightweight wool, but if its to slim feels heavier because of the texture. As far as the shoes, you know I love my tanks!

10. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Fair enough :laugh: I will agree that the pants fit is my least favourite part.

Why are you wearing a three piece in no AC?!

11. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Great NYR except pant pooling. But whaddya expect at the end of the day? :)

I like how you introduced a contrast collar - I think they only work well with 3-piece suits.

12. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Left the house without a pocket square & collar stays. :facepalm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

i like this a lot, maybe some brown suede shoes would be sweet with this fit

i love the lapels though

14. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Nice NYR. I'm wondering what the thinking is behind a 3-piece suit with 3 patch pockets. If anyone with knowledge on the matter could enlighten - is this generally done? Not traditional but no problems with it?

15. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I agree with Spoo here, Rob ( at least re: trou). I think the pants need to be cleaned up a bit - maybe just a 1/2-1" nipped from the length? And you know my stance on longwings. :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.