• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's clearly meant to be a 6x2, but if you wanna be cool like that and do 6x1, I guess it's okay.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Aww man :( I was wearing it 6x1 all day. Top button buttoned it is :(

Alexander

Reaction score

I think the jacket is too short and the collar (this is something that you have read it before) is not the best for you, it makes your neck too long and that effect it's not the best, that's what I think :) Ahh.. I like the shoes

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blueblueblue.jpg

too blue?
blue suit, blue tie, blue pocketsquare
there is no blue in the shirt at least

Last edited:

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks for the advice about buttoning- someone mentioned something about angles, so I did what any normal man would do and immediately went to the company restroom to take photos of myself in the mirror.

Z6HWV.jpg
vs.
6tMcL.jpg

noticed my collar was floating and fixed it between pictures :p

IMO for normal activities i would do the bottom button only.

If I was going to see the boss I would button both.

If i was going to impress a girl I would probably button both to start with so i looked real dapper and then ease into the bottom one only. :)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I think the blue in the tie is kinda ugly. It reminds me of bar/bat mitzvah wear.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think the blue in the tie is kinda ugly. It reminds me of bar/bat mitzvah wear.

I dont think the blue in your tie is ugly at all. It looks quite good as far as i am concerned. In fact if anything, you could have a slightly lighter tie to provide more contrast against your suit.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

blueblueblue.jpg

too blue?
blue suit, blue tie, blue pocketsquare
there is no blue in the shirt at least

I like your outfit a lot Mister :)

I suppose people could pick it apart and say things like

Ooh, you have a windsor knot instead of a four in hand. And you could say: Oh! but I have a cut away collar, And I could say: your ties windsor knot fits perfectly into your cut away collar.

and so on...

But I wont, and i hope they wont!

'cos you look seriously good in your outfit. :D

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

I dont think the blue in your tie is ugly at all. It looks quite good as far as i am concerned. In fact if anything, you could have a slightly lighter tie to provide more contrast against your suit.

Haha was talking about Romeo's tie in the above fit. Thanks for your input above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads