• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really, but this was to eliminate some defects (sounds ridiculous given whatt type of bespoke we often see, I know) of of a first time bespoke order...
The sleeves of the shirt are unbuttonend and too wide/long (rtw), so this is to be ingnored.

164.JPG

150.JPG

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Not really, but this was to eliminate some defects (sounds ridiculous given whatt type of bespoke we often see, I know) of of a first time bespoke order...
The sleeves of the shirt are unbuttonend and too wide/long (rtw), so this is to be ingnored.

164.JPG

150.JPG

damn good looking jacket! great example of a 3 roll 2. :cheers:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
say it aint so....same sportcoat 2 days in a row...:embar: but its my favorite coat with the plaid mabitex pants...

1d80b33a.jpg

MTM shirt, plaid mabitex, 6 fold unlabeled tie, same sportcoat from yesterday

watch by panerai, tiffany atlas cufflinks and some bead bracelets are all hiding around the cuffs. ;)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

funny, because i actually prefer a pocket on my shirts. I take my jacket off when i get to my office and need a place to keep my pen when im walking around my building. Its not a huge deal, but if given a choice id probably pick a shirt with a pocket
I am the same way. I look for shirts with chest pockets, or I have them made with them. I need a place to put my sunglasses, pen, business cards, etc. when I don't have my jacket on (especially with this 105F+ heat we are having in Texas at the moment).
That makes three of us, then. I have only a couple of shirts with no pockets, and when I wear them I find myself slapping my chest absent-mindedly all day looking for my pen. As a compromise, I'll sometimes clip my pen to my shirt placket right behind my tie. Kinda pokes me in the chest, though.
The jealousy of some posters here managed to drive Victor away, thanks.
Correlation does not equal causation, my friend. Think of how many reasons there could be for any given SF member to stop posting for a while, and then consider the odds of you correctly guessing which one's right.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

164.JPG

150.JPG

If it is gruelling criticism you are looking for, the vent isn't closing properly. I like it regardless.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Part of a suit? The coat looks very well fitting, what are the defects?

Who's the tailor?

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

164.JPG

I like this, but the sleeves of the shirt should really be buttoned, and they look too wide/long to boot. Otherwise, a fine look.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the blur.

The only reason I'm posting this is because when I walked into my office this morning my secretary looked up from her computer, her left eye brow raised high above her glasses, she said three words..........'that tie again?'...........after which she turned back to her computer without a word..........................:happy:

Jacket - Isaia
Shirt - Charles Trywitt,
Tie - RLBL
Square - Santolini

Again my apologies for the rugged pic - will do better next time.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Way better, not only because of the color and pattern/fabric of the tie, but because I also thought it was too slim.
Nobody mentioned the breast pocket so far? Haven't seen a lot of them on SF, no offense, but always thought they were a sign for OTR shirts worn by engineers and public servants?

This does seem to be the current thoughts. Although in the 80's, 90's anyone who was anyone NEEDED a shirt pocket in order to display his fine pens while wandering around the office. I can't think of anyone who was dapper in that time period without a shirt pocket.

Funny how things change.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobody mentioned the breast pocket so far? Haven't seen a lot of them on SF, no offense, but always thought they were a sign for OTR shirts worn by engineers and public servants?

It's an americanism, Brooks Brothers, I think. And no, shirt pockets don't have that meaning.

Sonny58

Reaction score

My impression has been that pockets connote a more utilitarian nature to a shirt and therefore affect the level of formality. For example, a pocket might be completely appropriate when dressing for the office but would look out of place on a dress shirt worn with a suit to a wedding.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

164.JPG

150.JPG

Cravate - Thank you so much for posting here.

That jacket is pretty much perfection in my eyes. The sleavehead/shoulder is just beautiful.

Frankly, I only see two tiny minor things in these photos - and they are probably just ephemeral effects from movement - the seam on the sleeve has a slight bit of tension on the back, and the rear vent could close a bit better. But again - I imagine if you move 1 centimeter in any direction these little things would disappear.

As you are one of the masters on this forum in regards to acquiring custom tailoring I would be very interested in hearing your critique of it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Apologies for the blur.

The only reason I'm posting this is because when I walked into my office this morning my secretary looked up from her computer, her left eye brow raised high above her glasses, she said three words..........'that tie again?'...........after which she turned back to her computer without a word..........................:happy:

Jacket - Isaia
Shirt - Charles Trywitt,
Tie - RLBL
Square - Santolini

Again my apologies for the rugged pic - will do better next time.

im coming to steal that jacket and tie Gdot. VERY nice.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im coming to steal that jacket and tie Gdot. VERY nice.

Thanks - are you a 38R?

If so we are going to come to blows at the Neiman Marcus Isaia event if I happen to be in town for it. :slapfight:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Thanks - are you a 38R?

If so we are going to come to blows at the Neiman Marcus Isaia event if I happen to be in town for it. :slapfight:

uh oh. I am. Let me know when you go out of town...and make sure to leave that isaia in your closet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads