HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Wha! OH!

:fence:

Just remember this - Age, treachery and deceit will triumph over youth, energy and talent every time!

You are SOOOOOOOO not gonna win! :happy:

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Derek - that jacket does not fit well. I am sure if you buttoned it, the chest would significantly bow out. I stand corrected, but it does appears to have a tight chest and an unflattering lapel shape.
    well, going bespoke to look "top heavy" wont solve that problem. i think thats the issue with WAYWRN sometimes. In the bid to give people feedback, sometimes the snark ends up causing more harm than good. if i understand right, you think he needs more proportions on his top half to balance out the lower half of his body, which would have been helpful feedback versus top heavy, pear etc. i think top heavy is something we all try to avoid ... whether in bespoke or RTW ... and most definitely we do not go bespoke to look top heavy. just saaaayin'
    the color of the suit is really nice KSP. also like the shoulders. i would have gone with a different tie ... something to complement the color of the suit.
    nice fitting coat banis. lovely lapels. i can't help but notice you started posting again after Victor vanished. I am sure there is no coincidence there ... lol.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  3. spertia

spertia Senior member

I've gotta say, I really can't understand your aversion to sideburns (especially given the other, uh, spoo-ish things you're fond of). I've had them continuously for many many years, and I also think that they suit Kevin quite well. Don't cut 'em, Kevin!

If I didn't know better, I actually would have assumed from your headless photos that you had sideburns as well, in light of the rest of your style.

4. banis

banis Senior member

Thanks, nii. No coincidence at all. I post pictures if I am dressed not in jeans, have time to take a photo and am not too lazy. That's it.
    As for Victor, he is a quite a moody person based on previous interactions with him on Russian forums. Don't think anything bad happened to him. I am sure he'll be back.

Have a nice dog, btw!

5. m0nday

m0nday Member

у вас замечательные слипперы!Кстати заметил что у вас очень много отличной обуви!

6. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

youre the first to say it doesnt fit well...its snug, but not anymore so than im used to. Actually, the lapels and button stance are the primary reason i like the coat.

**but i greatly appreciate the input Nii!

7. ourmaninLisbon

ourmaninLisbon Senior member

Hi Gentlemen

First post in the forum (second try), and happy to meet here some familiar faces from "other life".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

Vic (yes, another Victor)

8. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Quote:
    I think a bit wider shoulder will really help offset the pear effect, MoL. To me suits look best when they create that classic V-shape: prominent shoulder that tapers down to the waist. The other two things that might be happening are barrel distortion from your camera (making a fisheye effect where the middle is wider that the edges) and your posture (are you leaning back a little?). Of course, the gym idea is not bad either. :)

I think a lot of natural/soft shoulder jackets also have narrow shoulders. If a guy is slight shouldered to begin with, this can end up looking kinda wimpy, esp if he also has a bit of a belly. (not saying you do).

Quote:
    This fit is almost too perfect CN! :) Looks really, really good. The shape of the lapels, quarters, collar... all great. I don't know why, but I am starting to prefer just a little more extra room in my coats for a more relaxed look. Maybe I'm becoming a drapist! But, you always look great, thanks for sharing your bespoke adventures. That's a neat fabric. Full suit, yah?

Quote:
    [​IMG] Nice looking jacket, banis. Great color combo. I think I will have to jump on the tassle loafer bandwagon (if such a thing exists).

9. milecargo

milecargo Senior member

This is what I am wearing today:

[​IMG]

10. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Suit Henry Poole
    shirt Freddy
    tie Saks
    socks unknown
    shoes Lobb
    Off for vacation

11. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dude, why are you full-suiting it in August? OC should be upper 60s now!

12. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

great....must kop that tie and those shoes....VERY slick!

13. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

[​IMG]

Matching your camera to your clothes. The new frontier of WAYWRN.

14. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Hah I never noticed that first time round. Reminds me of the ultimate in camera matching

15. landshark

landshark Senior member

For what it's worth, I had a jacket that flared out before I had it tailored. The tailor took in the lower waist, and also closed the vent about an inch, and it's one of my best fitting jackets now. I doubt your shape is the problem, but rather the jacket needs some alteration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.