• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good. The tie isn't something I would wear but I think it's working for you. Smaller knot might help things. If I may suggest, perhaps try putting the camera higher up for taking shots like this, the perspective is throwing everything off slightly.

I was going to say the same thing regarding the tie knot (it looks like it might be a bit too big), but it is hard to tell from the angle. A very nice first post in any case, but it it a bit difficult to assess the fit (also because if the angle of the shot). And welcome...

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Stasi secret agent look is so in this year. Did you see their hipster disguises too? The one with teh cut-off jeans reminded me of idnfl's avatar... :(

Close-up shot came out blurry, so only the full-length pic today. Shirt is a blue micro/graph check.

i9NEB.jpg

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Gentlemen

First post in the forum (second try), and happy to meet here some familiar faces from "other life".

SPOILER]> Cheers

Vic (yes, another Victor)
Welcome Vic, Your ensemble is very well put together. All items work together perfectly and each serves it's role as it should. I'm particularly fond of your shoes. May I ask who made them?

Reaction score
Fred11-001.jpg

Suit Henry Poole
shirt Freddy
tie Saks
socks unknown
shoes Lobb
Off for vacation

Great classic look Fred. Like the more subtle approach lately. I'm starting to come off "Italian" and veering more to "English" myself lately.

I ENVY YOU on the Lobb's. Still saving up for a pair...!

Thanks all for the replies on my first shot here. I didn't have anything higher to put my smartphone on. The shot was made in the office, so I had to make do with a table and a book for support.Will look for something else the next time.

As for the tie, it was an oldie I still had in my collection and I wasn't completely sure about wearing it. As for the knot... I have denied the existence of other knots than a full windsor for the past 22 years. Sorry...
rolleyes.gif

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, why are you full-suiting it in August? OC should be upper 60s now!
Not in OC, but the marine layer is pretty thick in the am and doesn't burn off until early afternoon, it's usually upper 50s to mid 60s until then.

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
Welcome Vic,

Your ensemble is very well put together. All items work together perfectly and each serves it's role as it should.

I'm particularly fond of your shoes. May I ask who made them?

Thanks a lot for the welcome and nice words about what I'm wearing,
The shoes are beechnut burnished Merton by Crockett and Jones. In the photo they look a little bit darker than what they really are.

Cheers

Vic

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really, but this was to eliminate some defects (sounds ridiculous given whatt type of bespoke we often see, I know) of of a first time bespoke order...
The sleeves of the shirt are unbuttonend and too wide/long (rtw), so this is to be ingnored.
164.JPG

I like this, but the sleeves of the shirt should really be buttoned, and they look too wide/long to boot. Otherwise, a fine look.

Seriously? Even with the pyjama pants? :D
Like I said, the shirt is to be ignored, I am nitpicking about the jacket...
(as for the shirt, I shouldnt wear it at all actually^^).

The vents (which are super deep Napoli style vents [though real Napoli would be unvented]) close not well enough in some positions in which I want them to close (I know it's clothing and it mooves, but then I could go nakes as well).

Cravate - Thank you so much for posting here.

That jacket is pretty much perfection in my eyes. The sleavehead/shoulder is just beautiful.

Frankly, I only see two tiny minor things in these photos - and they are probably just ephemeral effects from movement - the seam on the sleeve has a slight bit of tension on the back, and the rear vent could close a bit better. But again - I imagine if you move 1 centimeter in any direction these little things would disappear.

As you are one of the masters on this forum in regards to acquiring custom tailoring I would be very interested in hearing your critique of it.

Well, see above, the side picture was actually inteded to show the problem with the vents.
I don't get the exactly what you mean with tension on the sleeve seam, but the other problem is something pretty complicated (and not visible here) that someone spotted who knows a lot about tailoring and analysed the suit for ca.20 minutes in real life (it is an optical difference caused by the shoulder seams which is due to my differently shaped and sloped right shoulder).

The fabric is a very balky English cloth I brought them (don't what exactly, something random made in Huddersfield), it reveals more than other fabrics...

This is a suit with eased fishtail back trousers for braces (wtf?) and a double breasted shawl collar waistcoat (which is still to come).
I had some quite challenging expectations (at some point I even asked for a certain thickness of buttonhole gimp to get neater buttonholes - the fabric is balky as I said and the thicker gimp would compromise "closing" comfort so the used the normal one), especially as it was the first bespoke items that they made for me, but they coped very well, especially with one (!) fitting.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well, going bespoke to look "top heavy" wont solve that problem. i think thats the issue with WAYWRN sometimes. In the bid to give people feedback, sometimes the snark ends up causing more harm than good. if i understand right, you think he needs more proportions on his top half to balance out the lower half of his body, which would have been helpful feedback versus top heavy, pear etc.

i think top heavy is something we all try to avoid ... whether in bespoke or RTW ... and most definitely we do not go bespoke to look top heavy.

just saaaayin'

Potato-potahto,tomato-tomahto...

stinsonbass

Reaction score

New red grenadine tie from Harrods. New shirt from CT. Old suit from BB.

Great stuff. BUT I do not dig the combination. I think that the striped shirt is sharp but in a combination with the suit .. idk.. the patterns (IMHO) don't fit that well. I would have worn this suit & tie with a plain shirt.But then again you would be wearing the "president's outfit" (see picture below) What's good? the linen pocket square and your glasses :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics