1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

He's gotta be str8 Dude, any self respecting gay man wouldn't be seen dead in a shirt like that!! :fonz:

TBH I think his entire outfit looks drop dead gorgeous on him, and I would be proud to wear it myself. The man is creative and I wish I had just a little of his class and style.

Now.... Where did my self assured sexuality and masculinity get to?? :embar:

Damn!!
    :lurk:

2. freedom_fries

freedom_fries Senior member

ha, looks great - but if just one thing were lacking it would be an utter disaster. that thing is chest hair.

3. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

I guess you're right. It wasn't really intended to be a photo of a complete fit. This is my brown jacket that was sitting a bit crooked. The photo was taken after adjustments were made to see if it was sitting more balanced.
    Yes, it's Nick Lopez. I recommend him highly. :thumbs-up:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  4. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

[​IMG]

Hi all, my first post on this forum.

This is me today:
    • Gentiluomo shirt, very light pink
    • SIlk tie, burgundy/pink/white stripes, origin unknown
    • Silk/wool mix suit, grey with a hint of green, bespoke, made in Venice, Italy
    • White cotton pocket square
    • Shoes (out of sight) are Minichino whole cut, cognac colour with matching belt

Best regards,

Stefan

5. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

^Cheers lads. Looking forward to more pics.

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Vertigo? I don't look anything like Kim Novak (or Jimmy Stewart, for that matter - and thankfully, my resemblance to Alfred Hitchcock has lessened with wieght control):lol:

Thanks, in any case, T.

7. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

oh my god. I have a shirt almost EXACTLY like that i bought at Saks a few years back. I wore it a few times and put it in the closet. if i recall its Versace V2? :thinking:

i like the pants man...a lot. who makes em?

8. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

VERY nice combo with the PS and shirt. :slayer:

9. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

Like the jacket and shirt combination and the rolled up pants can also be a statement, with different shoes though... A pair of blue or cognac suede loafers would have made a fine combination for the Swiss/Italian lake region!

I just can't get used to the latest sunglasses trend. I used to wear RayBan Pilots and Shooters when Top Gun was a hit. Nowadays, even if they are trendy, I would shy away from them, unless I were a pilot.

10. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

[​IMG]
    and a little closer up pic....
    [​IMG]

not sure how im feeling about htis combo....Having a rough time finding a tie that i really like with the blue gingham shirt.

samuelsohn sportcoat
    BB Extra Slim Fit gingham shirt
    Rooster grey wool knit

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  11. m0nday

m0nday Member

12. DistintoSignore

DistintoSignore Member

Next time, please mirror you picture. The pocket square on the right breast threw me off (though I thought is was original). [​IMG]

As for the shirt/tie combo: IMHO this shirt begs to be worn without one...

Best regards,

Stefan

13. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

I agree...seems every time i wear the shirt without a tie it looks much better. I just feel strange at work with a nekkid neck. ;)

14. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

:happy:

Hey Derek,

I think your instincts about the tie are correct - it's not doin it for me. The rest is all good - you have some great fitting jackets.

I wear a Navy Suit and Navy Gingham shirt with a Navy tie with a widely spaced white diagonal stripe, and white square - to make up for the lack of color caramel colored shoes and belt. It's a bit out there in terms of shoes and belt - but I like it and it seems to give the dark navy a summery feel. I wore this combo to meet new clients a few weeks ago and we signed the contract yesterday - so it's must not be too offensive! :D

Or the same Suit and shirt with an orange sherbet colored cashmere tie and purple paisley square with rust accents - in this case chocolate shoes and belt since the tie is so loud.

Just my random, rambling thoughts - ignore as required. :satisfied:

15. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

I have a few gingham shirts (red, blue, and purple) and the blue is the only one giving me trouble...I have a gold silk knit that i thought would be fantastic...not so much....Ill have to try my navy cashmere or pindot or stripe. Orange would be the ducks nuts if i had one. ;) thanks for the input! I may just have to slip the tie off today. if so ill post a pic for comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.