1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Then please note this substantial argument.........I believe that absolutely everyone on here who has offered you feedback has indicated that your fits are simply too tight and unsuitable for your build. And I completely agree.
    Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatizing things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.

2. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Might as well...
    [​IMG]

Getting warm, will probably keep jacket off.
    [​IMG]

Hi Vox.
    [​IMG]

Hi Homer,

It all looks good. I coulda used a bit more brightness/color in the tie.....but what do I know?????[​IMG]

3. veneto

veneto Senior member

Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatication things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.

I understand that you want to develop an "Italian cut" look that accentuates a slim look. The issue is that extremely slim still means your fabric should not be pulling. I promise that if you actually let out the jacket a little bit (emphasis on a little) it will make your Italian cut look even better.

4. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

I understand that you want to develop an "Italian cut" look that accentuates a slim look. The issue is that extremely slim still means your fabric should not be pulling. I promise that if you actually let out the jacket a little bit (emphasis on a little) it will make your Italian cut look even better.
    Yes i think so [​IMG], i ordered a new mtm jacket with a looser fit in the colour navy, which i would posts soon. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

5. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JordanH.

JordanH. Senior member

Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the shirt, nice and summery. I like the jacket, too, but separate from the shirt.

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

TTO - why do you not have a placket on the shirt? i've read lots of differing opinions on this but to me, it just seems like workwear if there isn't a placket on it. also it's asymmetrical which bothers me.

8. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

@Sunny:
    Another very decent summery smart-casual combo. Something about the fit of that jacket is off, particularly in the lower quarters which seem uneven but this may be a function of it being too big around the waist and hips. Maybe if you have it nipped at the waist it will hang better. not sure about this so anyone better I formed please chip in!

9. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Didn't feel on doing jacket/tie today, and was only out doing some errands. [​IMG] Proper pants, just for you Navi!

10. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Please, ignore the mirror marks (/blurry second image); it's tooth-paste, I swear! I have yet to find a good place to take fit picks in my house! Also, I'm wearing the loafers pictured (no socks). (I don't know why I didn't take a picture of them...) The lapels are weedy, I know, but this is a ~£60, linen jacket, from Uniqlo (and the only linen jacket I have!), so go figure! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Huh? Weedy lapels? IMO, your jacket looks great! I wish my navy? (is that navy?) blazer fit that well on me! Loafers no socks are the way to go, haha.
    Might as well... [​IMG] Getting warm, will probably keep jacket off. [​IMG] Hi Vox. [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    You do patterns and colors superbly well. Striped shirt + patterned bowtie + nantucket reds + striped belt, and it doesn't seem over-the-top ostentatious. Very well done!
    Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Your fit is pretty good, and I like your pants. I think what Iamniceman is referring to is your waist suppression being a little high? I'm not quite sure about this though.
    Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatizing things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.
    Just like you, my fits sit on the tighter end of the Styleforum spectrum. Some of my fits haven't been well-received, but that'st just how it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, but personally, I believe your clothes would fit better if you lost a little around the waist (I spotted a little belly based on the pictures you posted).

11. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

[​IMG]

IMO this looks better than your jacketed fits.

12. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Didn't feel on doing jacket/tie today, and was only out doing some errands. [​IMG] Proper pants, just for you Navi!
    I like the shape of the shirt. Working well, casual.

13. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

IMO.. Jacket - shoulders too small - see divots - chest of coat too tight - size up - lapel width is in keeping with the slim style Shirt - something not right about the collar size - I prefer collar points no visible Tie - knot is too BIG for the slim style - tighten not Frames - burn em

14. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

IMO.. Jacket - shoulders too small - see divots - chest of coat too tight - size up - lapel width is in keeping with the slim style Shirt - something not right about the collar size - I prefer collar points no visible Tie - knot is too BIG for the slim style - tighten not Frames - burn em
    Thanks. I know that tie knot is wrong, but didn't know it, till i find it out on the laptop. Normally i use the four in the hand or the half windsor. It's actually an older picture, but i'm wearing the jacket atm.

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks, PG, for the detailed feedback that I've been asking for. I'll take these points into consideration.

FTFY

16. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonny,

Looks good.

I still want to see you try adding some fairly rich shade of blue to make the warm browns pop out.

I'm not sure why your jacket is puckering at the button, as it doesn't look too tight at the waist in general. Does this happen frequently with this jacket or did this pose just happen to catch a brief moment?

Keep up the good work.[​IMG]

17. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Are the sleeves on Fred's jacket the right length (i.e., he needs a shirt with longer sleeves), or should the jacket sleeves be shortened?

I think the jacket sleeves should be shortened just a bit - about 1/2". And his shirt sleeves should be exactly as long as his jacket sleeve is currently.
    That's my assessment as well.

[​IMG]
    I'd have chosen a different shirt (color), but aside from that I like this outfit, Sonny. I agree with the other member who suggested that perhaps the waist of the jacket narrows at a point too high up your torso. Good, useful pics this time. By the way, is that your own yard in the background? If so, very nice.

[​IMG]
    I really like the fit of your shirt, wannabe. Is it a little too snug, though, for comfort?

18. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

19. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    The colours nearly don't work (the dark trousers with burgundy I'm a little dubious of, personally), but I love the way the belt is a near-perfect match of the shoes! Really ties the get-up together! Nice one! (And I'm glad you don't have glare-eyes today! [​IMG])
    Huh? Weedy lapels? IMO, your jacket looks great! I wish my navy (is that navy?) blazer fit that well on me! Loafers, no socks is the way to go; haha!
    Thanks a lot, man! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Although the jacket is pushing the thin lapels, Mad Men trend, it's a nice colour palette! Tighten that tie knot, though! I think a three-point PS fold would suit that better (no pun intended), as it would add some flair! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]/*masturbating to those shoes!

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Achillus = banned member 'Lawyer' from a few weeks back. Just sayin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.