1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

To me his constant reference to "Italian" style brings to mind the one and only Spallacamiccia, who always got defensive over his pinstripe jacket / jeans combos and kept repeating how that's the "European" way to dress.

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Achillus = banned member 'Lawyer' from a few weeks back. Just sayin.

[​IMG]

3. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

I like the shirt, nice and summery. I like the jacket, too, but separate from the shirt.
    OK. I see I need to spend more time picking my shirts. It's funny, I have quite a few shirts but when I look at my line up I see a lot of light colors that don't look much different from each other. That's sort of why I picked this one. Guess being the defacto non-light shirt doesn't make it work. [​IMG]

@Sunny:
    Another very decent summery smart-casual combo. Something about the fit of that jacket is off, particularly in the lower quarters which seem uneven but this may be a function of it being too big around the waist and hips. Maybe if you have it nipped at the waist it will hang better. not sure about this so anyone better I formed please chip in![/spoiler]

I struggle with all my jackets for similar reasons. My natural waist is really high which may be part of the problem.

Your fit is pretty good, and I like your pants. I think what Iamniceman is referring to is your waist suppression being a little high? I'm not quite sure about this though.[/spoiler]
    I'm beginning to wonder if my high natural waist is responsible for the suppression being so high.

Sonny,

Looks good.

I still want to see you try adding some fairly rich shade of blue to make the warm browns pop out.

I'm not sure why your jacket is puckering at the button, as it doesn't look too tight at the waist in general. Does this happen frequently with this jacket or did this pose just happen to catch a brief moment?

Keep up the good work.[​IMG]
    I'm going to have to work on the rich blue shirt. I don't know if I have anything right now. As for the pucker, this jacket has a tendency to do that. I attribute it to the very light weight of the fabric but I'm sure there are fit issues that can be addressed. It certainly isn't tight around the waist but it is a little tight across the upper back. I think I will ask my tailor about it.

That's my assessment as well.

I'd have chosen a different shirt (color), but aside from that I like this outfit, Sonny. I agree with the other member who suggested that perhaps the waist of the jacket narrows at a point too high up your torso. Good, useful pics this time. By the way, is that your own yard in the background? If so, very nice.
    As I mentioned previously, I'm going to have to work on some new shirt colors I think. It will be a good exercise. And my tailor will need to figure out the jacket issue. It does hang very nicely at times but it seems to get a bit off kilter also. Like I said above, the fabric is extremely light weight so that might also be part of the problem. And yes, the photos were taken in my back yard. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice shoes!

[​IMG]

5. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

I got my chef's knife lapel pin on Friday, and quite like it so far [​IMG]

6. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Nice shoes!
    Thanks; in case you didnt see: [​IMG]

7. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

my first time posting in WAYWRN [​IMG] On my way to work last Friday: [​IMG]

8. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    Cue the Collar Nazis in 5, 4, 3...

9. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

[​IMG]/*masturbating to those shoes!

Please, stop this.

Achillus = banned member 'Lawyer' from a few weeks back. Just sayin.

Yerp. Just sayin.

10. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I got my chef's knife lapel pin on Friday, and quite like it so far

[​IMG]

It's difficult to discern fit from this photo - but the little I can say - collar off the neck, quarters a little too closed for my taste.

11. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I just got a job where business dress is the code, this is the first few days...the fit off because everything is thrifted and now I have free alterations so I'll be taking advantage of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fit is off not because these are thrifted, but because they appear a size too small. Size up one.

12. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]
    After a few to many, half way through celebrating my best friends birthday!
    -TTO

Beer spilt all over me and my camera a few minutes after this shot...we both survived!

13. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

I still want to see you try adding some fairly rich shade of blue to make the warm browns pop out.

I'd have chosen a different shirt (color), ...
    I found this photo in my archives... Perhaps something like this would be a good pairing.

[​IMG]

14. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

[​IMG] After a few to many, half way through celebrating my best friends birthday! -TTO Beer spilt all over me and my camera a few minutes after this shot...we both survived!
    Good summer outfit, pattern and colour combination.

15. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Cue the Collar Nazis in 5, 4, 3...

It's difficult to discern fit from this photo - but the little I can say - collar off the neck, quarters a little too closed for my taste.

Do you mean the shirt collar itself or the jacket pulling away near the shirt collar? If the latter - yeah that's not so good on this jacket.

16. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Nice! Now, get back to the party! [​IMG]
    Please, stop this.
    Never! You are obviously below my humour..! Har! *snarf

17. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    new ps i just finished! tie is brown, looks kinda red... also i know the jacket is too short and another pair of shoes would be alot better. workin on it.

18. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

also i know the jacket is too short and another pair of shoes would be alot better. workin on it.

- great improvements since your first post.
    - your self awareness only means you will continue to get better and better with time
    - well played

- suit looks nice; particularly the pants
    - shoes are breathtaking. who is the bespoke maker? austrian?

I like the shape of the shirt. Working well, casual.

[​IMG]

TI posts here?

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

TI posts here?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Where you been mang?

20. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

TI posts here?
    [​IMG] (I guess, with the glasses, he's moar of a TI, Lupe Fiasco hybrid! [​IMG])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.