1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Those Obama jeans have got to go...

Well, thank you for the thoughtful feedback but I think I'll keep them...after all I'm 41 not 21 [​IMG]

2. f-bodeee

f-bodeee Active Member

Well, thank you for the thoughtful feedback but I think I'll keep them...after all I'm 41 not 21 [​IMG]
    and a good looking 41 at that! I like the wash, I just think a different fit would look better on ya

3. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

and a good looking 41 at that! I like the wash, I just think a different fit would look better on ya

Well, thank you I try. I suppose the way I'm standing or leaning with my hands in my pockets has a little to do with that as they don't bunch like that when I'm standing, but then again they are only $15 Levis so one can't expect a perfect fit.

4. f-bodeee

f-bodeee Active Member

I just got a job where business dress is the code, this is the first few days...the fit off because everything is thrifted and now I have free alterations so I'll be taking advantage of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Those Obama jeans have got to go...
    I dunno, with jeans like these, I prefer brown, suede loafers, but that is just my own OCD! [​IMG]

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

7. JapanAlex01

[​IMG]
    If only that fence was on the rules-of-thirds line, it would be a fucking awesome composition! (The graphic designer in me; I'm sorry!)

8. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

I dunno, with jeans like these, I prefer brown, suede loafers, but that is just my own OCD! [​IMG]

I have some brown suede shoes but I'm not much of a loafer guy [​IMG]

If only that fence was on the rules-of-thirds line, it would be a fucking awesome composition! (The graphic designer in me; I'm sorry!)

Yeah I hear ya, the proportions of the composition are off just enough to make it a bit distracting to the eye. I do use the Golden Ratio as my composition guide but when you're setting up a shot of yourself by yourself it gets a bit tough to get it just right...especially when you're in public [​IMG]

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Not much to say here other than you appear to be very well dressed for your closet.

- B

Wanted to quote this one before it gets the 24-hour Vox update treatment.

10. Fred Perry

Fred Perry Member

11. JapanAlex01

[​IMG]

No cuffs, and trousers are too long (you have double break). [​IMG]

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/dscf1252l.jpg/

first post here so here goes

My jacket was caught on my sleeve and I didn't realise, also i know the fits a bit wrong but all feedback would be great

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good choice of shirt collar and tie knot with your head and facial structure.

13. acecow

acecow Senior member

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/dscf1252l.jpg/ first post here so here goes My jacket was caught on my sleeve and I didn't realise, also i know the fits a bit wrong but all feedback would be great [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Good sense of style, but the jacket is too tight. The pants and sleeves are a bit long. Also, the hacking pockets aren't doing you any favors. I haven't seen any non-skinny guys pull them off successfully. Great shirt and collar. Nice shoes. Good job.

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Also, the hacking pockets aren't doing you any favors. I haven't seen any non-skinny guys pull them off successfully.

I think that the horizontality of standard pockets aren't particularly friendly to the larger fellas, either.

15. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Hey, Pand - Last time I knew, what you're leaning on is a left-over from a major 'sea'wall - jetty building project. Army Corp of Engineers use them alot on the East Coast to help keep the Jersey Shore where it's supposed to be (where humans want it vs. where Mother Nature wants to move it.). Does it have a name/sculptor plaque on it? And, you look so nice and relaxed on it.. [​IMG]

Some modern art[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. molayo

molayo Active Member

molayo - very nicely fitting jacket and nice color on it.
    No need to fear anything in such a nicely fitting jacket.
    The jacket looks great.
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Don't be scared! I think it's your best look yet! I like the bright/fresh feel of this ensemble. And I think the shoes with a long last are good for your proportions. (And I just simply like long lasts and a more pointed toe anyway.) You definitely have your fits down well. What are your goals for improving at this point? Do you want to look flashier? more conservative? more formal? less formal? It seems you have all the basics down to science.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thanks, Gdot. You always give me a great encouragement. Hopefully, I upgrade my style to the level of other great posters such as voxsartoria who I think shows THE best fitting and PG who displays a great sophistication. [​IMG]
    Re-posting both fits in the casual thread as well, if you guys don't mind.
    Why not! Good for me. [​IMG] Here's what I wear today. I am working on Saturday. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

[​IMG] This is how I would have worn that jacket before joining the forum. Today I would have chosen lighter pants. Another SF effect: your collar buttons inevitably look like you're DTOing PG. Not a bad example to imitate, however.

18. JapanAlex01

[​IMG]
    Do those buttons up! [​IMG] Apart from that, great get-up! Very nice jacket!
    This is how I would have worn that jacket before joining the forum. Today, I would have chosen lighter pants. Another SF effect: your collar buttons inevitably look like you're DTOing PG. Not a bad example to imitate, however.
    A little contrast never hurt anyone? The fact that the jacket has blue in it is a nice touch and helps blend it with the trousers!

19. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here's what I wear today. I am working on Saturday. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Another good post from you. The tie looks familiar, is it BB? I think you've got a great thing going here and I'm looking forward to you next post, as your fits are continously spot on (especially as I guess you mostly wear OTR jackets/suits?). This one is actually your best so far IMHO. [​IMG]

20. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

A little contrast never hurt anyone? The fact that the jacket has blue in it is a nice touch and helps blend it with the trousers!

^
    What he said. If you start altering your outfits too much in accordance with SF-standards I think you might loose all the fun of exploring what it is that YOU really like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.