• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
LMAO thanks for the tip about the sleeves. Message received. As far as the shoulders, I think its the padding of the jacket but they do pop out a bit. I'm not sure if they're too big or not. How would I be able to tell?

If you're standing with your arms by your side and your jacket fastened, and there is a little dent under the end of your shoulder pad, then you know it's too big. That space should be full of shoulder! Again, very 80s! I'd get that shoulder pad trimmed down a bit, but maybe the jacket is too big overall? Need a picture without hands in pockets to tell.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
I will support today tend to place the strange and unusual combinations
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My crazy mix
bounce2.gif

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 posts and telling others they don't have a clue what they are talking about? What have this thread become?
musicboohoo[1].gif

For what it's worth, Mimo went to easy on you with his comment, please read the Styleforum 101.

Judging by his outfit today, Mimo might need to read this. Christian, it's one thing to post some fits, take some advice and slowly build up some respect here which enables your comments to be taken seriously - that's what I hope most people would do. It's another thing to arrive, pepper the thread with critiques and only then post an outfit that is simultaneously not very interesting and rather ridiculous. This is simply trolling.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr Fast: there is something ever so slightly disturbing about your grin. But I have to say your outfit is a lovely collection of "country gent about town". I would only suggest dropping the tie down a notch or two, to perhaps a knitted one? That light colour and bold stripe is in fisticuffs with your nice shirt. I do like the shoes in particular - could you tell us about them please? I see Carmina make something similar in their standard range, are these they? But I guess there are a lot of suede spectators around - do tell.

The Chesire Cat was always one of my favourite characters from Alice in Wonderland, so that at least partly explains the grin.
sly.gif

The shoes aren't suede, nor are they spectators. They're calf half-brogues, quite a few years old now, from Loake's 1880 range.

Victor: I like that I'm not the only person wearing something a little odd today. :) For some reason, your jacket looks darker in colour than the trouser/waistcoat; is this the case or is it a normal suit? If it's a different/darker fabric, I think it's too close in colour to the trousers/waistcoat to work right. Assuming it's a suit, I like the look! It would be even better with a tan/ginger suede shoe would work better instead of dark brown. Others may criticise the contrast-collar shirt, but I think it works fine here even with a country suit..

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My crazy mix
bounce2.gif

So, is that two kinds of blue herringbone? Waistcoat and trousers in one and the jacket in a darker fabric? What are the fabrics? The trouser / waistcoat fabric looks almost denim-like, although that may be a result of the contrast with the jacket.

Anyway, I am still trying to decide if I like it a lot, or not at all!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My crazy mix
bounce2.gif
Slick, Vic.

Not sure that counts as "crazy" though! Also, I'm not loving the shirt - the contrasted collar isn't my thing anyway, but either way it's too "city" for the rest of the outfit. The rest is kicking, though - and that herringbone is FIERCE! Love a three piece, and this one's great.

Just one more thing though, that I've thought about a few of your pics: I appreciate you want to show off your fine figure, and have a slim waist compared to your chest and shoulders. But I'd go a touch looser around the waist, just an inch, because the suit can't quite cope with being so fitted, and you get this straining wrinkle around your buttonhole. Just ease it off a notch - i'm sure it will feel more comfortable too.

Albert Hal

Reaction score

A little to modern for me, but all is sceond hand: a Hugo Boss summer suit and cheap acsessoirs. Total under 100 €

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
The Chesire Cat was always one of my favourite characters from Alice in Wonderland, so that at least partly explains the grin.
sly.gif

The shoes aren't suede, nor are they spectators. They're calf half-brogues, quite a few years old now, from Loake's 1880 range...

Victor...Others may criticise the contrast-collar shirt, but I think it works fine here even with a country suit..

Haha. Thanks for the correction - the quarter looked textured in the small pic. Anyway, nice shoes either way - the colour is great.

As for Victor's shirt, your comment was prescient! Maybe it's the fine stripe against that bold herringbone too? I particularly love that moss green knitted tie though.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
A little to modern for me, but all is sceond hand: a Hugo Boss summer suit and cheap acsessoirs. Total under 100 €

Mr Hal, you seem to spend a lot of time in second hand shops, but you are one super-cool Swedish gent. Respect!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My tailor did a splendid job taking in the shoulders of this coat. Too bad it was a bit too small to begin with, and it's a smidge tight in the waist area... It's wearable, but I like a bit more room. Need to drop a few pounds...

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Viccel Socks?
Mazarin. Rude, eh? To be honest, I've never worn them before today; never worn a cravat before either - can't think why I suddenly had that urge
nest.gif

But I did rather enjoy both. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads