• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you!
I was a little unwell and was engaged with the temperature, so today was a relief unplanned exercise. Usually I do squat to parallel.
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Weight rod was in the front squat (cleans) is now 309 pounds (140kg), typically a 150kg front squat to parallel 3 reps (no bandages and no belt)

The power jerk deadlift weight today was 363 pounds (165kg), I usually work with a bar in the 175-180kg for 5 reps of this exercise.

In the power snatch the weight of today is less than usual, 121 lbs (55kg). Usually I work in the power snatch 65kg of weight for 5 reps.

The power I have the following records:

All results without special equipment and bandages.

Squat to parallel with the bar on the back - 441 lb (200 kg) for 1 repetition.
Deadlift from the floor - 551 lb (250 kg) for 1 rep.
Bench Press - 341 lbs (155kg) by 1 repeat.

The capture cleans - 200 pounds (91 kg) for 6 reps.
Traction bar from the racks just above the knee - 661 lb (300 kg) for 5 reps.
Squat with a barbell over his head - 175 pounds (80 kg) for 15 repetitions.

Pulling up on the bar - 35 reps.
Output power on the bar - 16 reps.
102 burpee 7 minutes.

My height is 181 cm, weight ranges from 78 to 84kg

shog%5B1%5D.gif

I did a pushup last week :)

Reaction score
First time posting in this thread so plz be gentle ;). These are my newly bought items and I just threw them on altogether so I don't think they went very well. Suggestion on which blazer color would go with the pants? Belt/no belt?
And my apology for the messy room :).

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lurk:

Alexander

Reaction score

First time posting in this thread so plz be gentle ;). These are my newly bought items and I just threw them on altogether so I don't think they went very well. Suggestion on which blazer color would go with the pants? Belt/no belt?

Well Blazer is too short and tight and the sleeves are too long
undone the first button of your shirt if you don't wear a tie and I wouldn't wear that kind of shirt with a blazer (I hate short sleeves)

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you!
I was a little unwell and was engaged with the temperature, so today was a relief unplanned exercise. Usually I do squat to parallel.
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Weight rod was in the front squat (cleans) is now 309 pounds (140kg), typically a 150kg front squat to parallel 3 reps (no bandages and no belt)

The power jerk deadlift weight today was 363 pounds (165kg), I usually work with a bar in the 175-180kg for 5 reps of this exercise.

In the power snatch the weight of today is less than usual, 121 lbs (55kg). Usually I work in the power snatch 65kg of weight for 5 reps.

The power I have the following records:

All results without special equipment and bandages.

Squat to parallel with the bar on the back - 441 lb (200 kg) for 1 repetition.
Deadlift from the floor - 551 lb (250 kg) for 1 rep.
Bench Press - 341 lbs (155kg) by 1 repeat.

The capture cleans - 200 pounds (91 kg) for 6 reps.
Traction bar from the racks just above the knee - 661 lb (300 kg) for 5 reps.
Squat with a barbell over his head - 175 pounds (80 kg) for 15 repetitions.

Pulling up on the bar - 35 reps.
Output power on the bar - 16 reps.
102 burpee 7 minutes.

My height is 181 cm, weight ranges from 78 to 84kg

shog%5B1%5D.gif

Man, I got tired just reading that.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The squats aren't near parallel, they're more like 3/4 of a full squat. Lower the weight if you must, but you're neglecting a boat-load of glutes and quads. Form needs to be perfect if you want to do CrossFit (which is why I'm generally against it). Fun to see a form video though, keep at it!
smile.gif
As am I (for the most part). Injury rates are high because of a bunch of trainers who have no idea what proper form is instructing random soccer moms to do olympic and or heavy compound lifts.

Reaction score
Well Blazer is too short and tight and the sleeves are too long
undone the first button of your shirt if you don't wear a tie and I wouldn't wear that kind of shirt with a blazer (I hate short sleeves)
I actually thought the blazer was long and was even planning to have it shortened :). The waist of the blazer has already been let out; the tailor wanted to let out more but I was afraid that it would look too boxy - Now I guess I'll have to visit the tailor again for him to say "I told you so!". As for the sleeves, I thought you're not supposed to show shirt sleeves for blazers? That's why I decided to keep the blazer sleeves like that instead of shortening them. So I should shorten them now then?

I on the contrary love short sleeves even though wearing them makes me look like a Mormon missonary; they are so much more comfortable. Will undone the first button though; I was just testing if it's comfortable to button up.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually thought the blazer was long and was even planning to have it shortened :). The waist of the blazer has already been let out; the tailor wanted to let out more but I was afraid that it would look too boxy - Now I guess I'll have to visit the tailor again for him to say "I told you so!". As for the sleeves, I thought you're not supposed to show shirt sleeves for blazers? That's why I decided to keep the blazer sleeves like that instead of shortening them. So I should shorten them now then?

I on the contrary love short sleeves even though wearing them makes me look like a Mormon missonary; they are so much more comfortable. Will undone the first button though; I was just testing if it's comfortable to button up.

It's not the right cut. should try to sell it instead of more tailoring. shirt is too tight too.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Victor, how are ya, mate! :)

Personally, I think you have a keen sense of style, and it shows in your posts. You're obviously well versed in the art of interplaying colour, texture and pattern so I won't bore you with those.

All that keeps your ensembles from greatness, imo, is coherence. To illustrate with your recent post, you have four exquisite casual elements - a suit with patch pockets, a knit tie, a linen PS and loafers - and one equally exquisite, BUT citified element - a white shirt with a full cutaway collar. This mis-match (casual vs citified) is what throws off the overall entire look and prevents full harmony.

If instead you were to go with a white button-down or a blue-checked or striped shirt, all of which are casual in nature, it would work a lot better as the look is now harmoniously casual.

OTOH, you could keep the white shirt and go completely 'city' with a navy suit that has flapped and welted hip pockets, the same linen PS, a silver glen-check (like the one you wore with your brown suit) and black balmorals. This would also work very well.

Am I echoing what Vox has said time and again? Yes. This is because his 'coherence over discordance' philosophy is something I too discovered along the path of my own sartorial experimentation. Reading his treatise just confirmed what I'd already suspected but could never pin down. IMO, it is the most useful piece ever posted on SF.

I believe that once you understand the tricks of navigating betweent the city and casual/country continuum, your 'fits' will be absolutely impeccable. Why? Because you have three advantages over most of us here:

1) Access to a good tailor - this means you can have your suits, jackets, shirts and pants made in virtually any configuration.
2) The aforementioned sense of style; and
3) Enough accessories to complete any look you're going for along the whole city to casual/country continuum.

Hope this helps, Tovarisch. :)

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monday morning security guard look. That's all I could muster today....

sinfjotli

Reaction score

The blazer seems to be too tight in the chest - the lapels are bowing out. Vox posted a nice drawing on typical signs of wrong fit (linked through Put This On, the original post is not accessible any more - http://putthison.com/post/30251849380/a-useful-guide-voxsart-learn-your-basics - see the bottom right picture).

Patterned trousers are generally very tough to pull off, since they draw attention from your face to your legs. I am not sure about the ones you have (I will let others decide whether they are burn-able :) ), but if you like wearing patterned trousers and want to get some inspiration on wearing them right, check this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/293534/in-praise-but-also-suspicion-of-patterned-pants

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The blazer is not short but it's not long either. Shirt sleeves should show, and you shouldn't be afraid of less waist suppresion. The colour doesn't look good anyways (is it black?)

If the pants have belt loops, please wear a belt.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

• clarinetplayer

"Nice shoulders on the coat. I'd vote left. No tie? PS not needed. Nice color on the trouser"

• Pliny

"like the color of the trews"

• Threadbearer

"Ditto what cp said, although a PS would have been nice. Deets on the trou?"

trousers and shirt are fairly reasonable priced local bespoke. trouseres are 100% wool.

the SC is part of a suit. 130s navy worsted wool suit with white shandong lining. Ran into LabelKing when I picked it up. Turns out we share the same tailor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads