• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My first Foo critique! It stings a little, but I am honored nonetheless. :worship2: :foo:

It should be mentioned that I am prejudiced against patterned or colored linen squares. Well, I think they are objectively bad, but I'm willing to pretend the opinion is personal. :)

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think RLBL works fine for that age, as long as you have the right build. It's on the trendy side but not so much without those skinny lapels on the single breasted ones. I have a DB and I think it definitely looks less trendy than the single breasts. Looking at your posts I think it would work very well, if your size fits you.

thanks I appreciate that. RLBL fits me well in 40 but I have never tried the DB model. chest says 43 inches, shoulders 19

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Foo, I'm sure you realize you have your own personal quirky biases... that being said I think you're spot on with many of the critiques above. So, thanks(?!).

Citan - can't believe you're only 27. You already have fabulous taste and style.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is pretty good, but I think you missed an opportunity with the trousers! Grey flannel would have been perfection. Also, I hate that they are uncuffed. Doesn't mesh at all with the very country tweed jacket / woven tie combination.

Thanks, but don't you think it was a bit warm for flannel in NY today? Cuff point is certainly valid.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Foo, I'm sure you realize you have your own personal quirky biases... that being said I think you're spot on with many of the critiques about. So, thanks(?!).
Citan - can't believe you're only 27. You already have fabulous taste and style.

Wow thanks alot. I really really appreciate that. Yes, I am only 27...kind of funny I always get mistaken for being even younger in person. Dressing well and professional has certainly help minimize that. In regards to my taste and style, well, I learned from the best. This very thread and forum.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Foo, I'm sure you realize you have your own personal quirky biases... that being said I think you're spot on with many of the critiques about. So, thanks(?!).

Thanks. Everyone is allowed eccentricity, but I do try to give an objective assessment. I think the problem that plagues the forum is the belief that eccentricity excuses simple failure to execute.

Thanks, but don't you think it was a bit warm for flannel in NY today? Cuff point is certainly valid.

I was walking around in 13 oz. hopsack. At any rate, you're the one who chose to wear a tweed jacket! If it's too hot for flannel, the tweed should stay home too.

I only do the first part.

Bill, where have you been?

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy pictures today sorry about that. Pants are blue tic weave, not quite navy. Shoes were walnut strands. New summer finds coming soon (Light grey Caruso suit, Corneliani summer windowpane).

Detail

Nailed it. I love the way this jacket fits.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

At any rate, you're the one who chose to wear a tweed jacket! If it's too hot for flannel, the tweed should stay home too.

Touche, but its actually unlined and very light. :p

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

maybe it's just me though...

yes it is just you despite your clever chop 'shop.... considering you can't even see my face or hair I'll let you know I'm fair skinned not swarthy, my hair is neither dark, curly nor "fro-ish" and Michael Richards is over twice my age so your assumption of resemblance is just that. Now go back to tending your kraut you douche.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And this one..

:cheers:
I have a similar hair-type (tad less volume), but the time it takes to fix vs the outcome wasn't worth it in the long run, since now I just have to rough it up with my hands.

maxell.jpg

please do a recreation of this scene

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, can I ask you--how do you get your tie dimples looking so awesome? Don't give me some dumbass (jokes) answer like 'practice'! :p

Last edited:

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I took some pictures the other day. Have at you!
Navy vintage DB jacket
Khaki chinos
Cognac cap-toes
etc
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dikc5g&s=6
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nv9tme&s=6
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1248zs1&s=6
And yes, the jacket's sleeves are about one or two cm too short, but I'll fix that eventually.

You looking very good Sir. It the jacket length that seems short not the jacket sleeves. But it may just be the combination mirror / camera angle.
Nice shirt / tie / pocket square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads