• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acridsheep, this is perhaps the best jacket I've seen you in. The fit is very good in the shoulders, chest and the waist, and I think the length looks good as well. I like the lapels -- if the lapels were slimmed near that buttoning point, I think it would look better, but I like it as it is. You should consider keeping the jacket and getting it tailored by someone who knows what he is doing.

And from what I remember, Bogart's shawl collar dinner jacket in Casablanca was a DB, but Despos is right about the shawl collar shape being similar. Yours is somewhat broader and flatter at the buttoning point, now that I look at the photo below.

oZ2MQ.jpg

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
New linen sportcoat, my first one. Thoughts on alterations? Initial thought, I am going to shape the chest a bit above the waist line and maybe open the quarters a bit if possible. seems to fit ok in the shoulders.

Back

I think this is a size too small for you, linen's supposed to be on the looser side and it looks skintight around the middle though I suppose it could be your pose.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quote:

I think this is a size too small for you, linen's supposed to be on the looser side and it looks skintight around the middle though I suppose it could be your pose.  

also...are you planning to wear it with a shirt? then take a flick with a shirt...

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Trying to come through on my promise of regularity on this thread... now that I look at it, lots of checks going on, I see (windowpane and plaid jackets, gingham and microcheck shirts)! Funny coincidence.

2ec8dac1.jpg

cb02cb92.jpg

253caec2.jpg

9535426c.jpg

8254f1ca.jpg

736f2b43.jpg

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

I assure you it isn't skin tight, it is pretty loose everywhere to be honest. the waist taper is just too much atm. gonna do something to balance it.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geez Shah other's may say you looking cool dude, and maybe even you think so, but I think it looks like you got out of a tumble drier backwards with all those creases and wrinkles.

To make it worse, none of it fits you, the jacket sleeves are too long and rolled back, is it kinda like an anorak gone wrong with all the padding in the chest area. The trousers are also too long.

Shouldn't this rather have been posted in some other thread. It doesn't really fit in here at all. You seem to keep posting these 'casual' outfits that you say are designed by some person whose name i cannot even pronounce dear, let alone heard of, as if I am supposed to be awestruck or something.

A personal challenge for you :-
Try really hard, and see if you can wear a stylish suit and tie outfit soon that we can all swoon over and be happy about. :nodding:

And a personal challenge to you:
Stop being such a tight ass :)

He looks cool. I like a good fitting suit as much as the next guy, but he´s not going for that in this case. He has a relaxed formal look which works for him.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New linen sportcoat, my first one. Thoughts on alterations? Initial thought, I am going to shape the chest a bit above the waist line and maybe open the quarters a bit if possible. seems to fit ok in the shoulders.

Back

I'd leave it alone. It looks good. Linen is even better when it's not totally perfect.

Agree when not totally perfect, but especially from behind the chest bags like a deflated juice monkey. Pity because the lower half looks awsm

too much waist nipping compared to the chest
(i think armholes are kinda low so that doesn't help either)
take in chest and let out the waist
or maybe taking in chest will make it fine
and leave the quarters alone
hmm all that might get pretty costly and who knows if the jacket will come out right
maybe you can find one that is a better fit to start with
rps20111209_201609_311.jpg

i have a silk/linen sportcoat which needed some work to make it fit right
but i kept it because i got it for under $100

Very nice Romeo, cept perhaps width n length of arms and length of jacket- tho looking at my own linen, mebe the wider sleeves are a linen thing, can anyone enlighten me?

And a personal challenge to you:
Stop being such a tight ass
smile.gif

He looks cool. I like a good fitting suit as much as the next guy, but he´s not going for that in this case. He has a relaxed formal look which works for him.

a great look n the casual sloppiness is part of the charm

Last edited:

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have a very slim fit, and those shoes looks to big on you (are they?) The tie is 6/10 for this outfit. I dont know about all ''without socks thing'' But the good part is that you are trying to make something diffrent and try not be like anyone else wich is very lovely to see, I like diffrent people :)!

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Subtle roped, natural shoulders. Absolutely love these DB dinner jackets. So, now we know that, on his days off from his duties on the Enterprise, this is what Jean-Luc Piccard wore.

In June, I am attending a big charity ball and the Bogart pic got me thinking that, somewhere, there must be a good source of vintage jackets. Noticed that Bogart and the Captain donned a PS.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely in German! I'm loving it. Ah, O Mensch... definitely one of the best. So many great arias/chorales. It's hard to pick one as a favorite! Something about "Gebt mir meinen Jesum wieder" being an embodiment of so much I love about Bach... and the joy of "Mache dich mein Herze rein"... I'm, of course, partial to all the oboe (d'amore, eh too) arias too.

This inspired me to listen to the Passion during my morning run. Wishing I played the oboe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads