• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Very dapper. Those pants look pretty baggy, don't you think?

One day, baggy and loose will come back into style, and then I'll finally be ahead of the curve instead of miles behind it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Busy%20003.jpg

I like the uplift of all these blues working together.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Excellent jacket, tie, shoe and shirt color and pattern coordination! One of the best recently.

Thanks psg.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Nice, but I think a non-white shirt would be better. I like the roomy trousers with this look.

Shirt is actually pale cream rather than white. Stark white would be too much much contrast, I agree. Perhaps true cream would be even better, but I dislike the stronger/more-yellowy creams against my skin colour.

What's the red detailing on the sleeve?
Little red x's. The Holland Esq. designers must have been feeling funky that day. They're also at some of the pocket edges and the lapel buttonhole. The final buttonhole of the sleeve is done in yellow thread too. All very amusing.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Back to blue...

Co-ordinating your tie to your cigarettes is next level.

Over here, there are vague noises about forcing cigarettes to be sold in plain unbranded cardboard containers. If that ever happens in the States, you better stock up on the brown ties!

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
KezDpl.jpg

You should consider also posting this in Manton's conservative business dress WAYWRN thread; it certainly meets the criteria for that thread's discussion too IMO. Very nice.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really don't know a heck about watches and movements I usually just buy ones that 1) I like the style/design of and 2) I can afford
blush.gif

if only i could watch shop based on those criteria, i would have a lot more $ in the bank.
smile.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

Over here, there are vague noises about forcing cigarettes to be sold in plain unbranded cardboard containers. If that ever happens in the States, you better stock up on the brown ties!

lol8[1].gif

Alas! The tobacco lobbies in this country are far to powerful for such a thing to ever happen...especially after they were finally forced to remove terms such as "Lights" and "Ultra Lights" from labels. Just wonder though how one would be able to tell if what they were getting were SIlk Cut of B&H Golds
confused.gif
And if ever there was an excuse/insentive to buy more ties, especially brown ones...this one would certainly be a darn good one
laugh.gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
A pair of 'Impregnable' by a company called John White...?(I think they are an in-house name for a department store maybe)
I have only ever found them at TK Max!
That said one of my well-healed though slightly inebriated customers, seemed to know all about them as a mid-range shoe company.
I have the same model in brown pebble grain, a pair of burgundy semi-brogues and a nice pair of chukka boots...all reduced to next to nothing...I think original retail is around £160-£200?
Both the Long-Wings have commando soles (the ridged rubber tread) , the chukkas have the same chunky double sole & the brogues are fairly sleek by comparison, though in need of a resole.
Hope that helps.
-TTO

I saw them there recently and am toying with picking up a pair of boots

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
XrrpF.jpg

You're another reliable one, HF.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
IMGP0221498x1280.jpg

Looking good, Upr (or do you prefer Crusty?). I think your PS is properly not matching...

Gitanes_031411_01.jpg

Sir! Please refrain from speaking my thoughts before I have a chance to post them!

A bit of the tweed for the rainy day. I'm not sure what's going on with the waist in the first picture. The SC isn't tight, and although I do think it could stand a couple of alterations, I swear that this isn't how it looks typically. (Note the open quarters, Nii...
smile.gif
)

20110314_1.jpg

20110314_2.jpg

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
5c5e9b56.jpg

You've already received a lot of commentary on this, but I don't think I've seen the one thing that immediately popped into my head upon seeing this pic: That is a jacket that just doesn't need a PS. It has so much visual interest that I think it's better without (though I can imagine this might not be to your taste).

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Been a while so if you could indulge me for a moment, gents:

Picture897.jpg

Nice to have you back in the thread. I liked quite a lot of these, but this suit/shirt/tie/lack-of-PS combination is fantastic. I disagree with the shoes and lack of socks, but you knew that already.
wink.gif

Gitanes_031411_01.jpg

Great combo.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
A bit of the tweed for the rainy day. I'm not sure what's going on with the waist in the first picture. The SC isn't tight, and although I do think it could stand a couple of alterations, I swear that this isn't how it looks typically. (Note the open quarters, Nii...
smile.gif
)

20110314_1.jpg

20110314_2.jpg

Nice combining, SB. I know you issued a disclamier, but something is really off in the midsection of that SC.

Mike

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif
)

Sugarbutch, I wonder if you have a habit of standing more upright for your pictures than IRL. If so, that would create the appearance of a short front/long back balance problem with your coats, which (depending on the coat) would tend to make the quarters appear more closed or create those back/side ripples, or both.

DSCF7312.jpg
DSCF7313.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
0d4qSl.jpg

KezDpl.jpg

Jesus Christmas people, how is this just passed over?????

here is a well dressed man (yeah I know most here will think it's too boring). At first glance nothing stands out but the fit. Everything fits well, nothing overly sharp or tight. Then as you look closer you notice patterns/textures. A great brown grenadine adds texture and a bit of pop to the outfit. The jacket and shirt are both patterned, but neither so garishly nor loudly that they clash. can't tell about the shoes but the color works with everything else. Other than the tie and the pants, I probably would not wear any of these but it works great here. Basically, here the man comes first (that's what she said!) and the clothes second. Stands out in a quiet way, if that makes sense.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to blue...

Gitanes_031411_01.jpg

Gitanes_031411_02.jpg

It took me a moment to realise the building was blue...
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm98.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I think this needs a belt, otherwise it's a solid fit.
Originally Posted by TTO
They where all Goodyear Welted, they had some plain black oxfords that seemed to be welted too but the leather looked very cheep and damaged already, so I gave them a miss, despite being pretty much what I was looking for!
They also seem to be consistently larger than stated...maybe thats why they're in the discount store!
-TTO

If you see any black boots in a UK 11 and don't mind posting please PM me!

0d4qSl.jpg

KezDpl.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Very good.

Shirt is actually pale cream rather than white. Stark white would be too much much contrast, I agree. Perhaps true cream would be even better, but I dislike the stronger/more-yellowy creams against my skin colour.
The camera or my monitor lied - cream sounds good!

smile.gif
)

20110314_1.jpg

20110314_2.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Nice fabric, but that button is definitely pulling.
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
DSC01840.jpg
DSC01838.jpg
I think this works even better than the black shirt version.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix

There's a lot of pattern going on here, but it is pretty subtle so I think you just pull it off. A solid shirt or tie would probably be better though
Originally Posted by niidawg3
breakfast ...
f79359de.jpg
more on the dark side
looks good, and a great tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads