• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hiring A Stylist

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
Why don't you just hire Stacy London?

I think she's hot...

This is from one of her books:

Originally Posted by Tck13
1. A heavier weight wool 2 or 3 button suit in charcoal or navy
2. A tropical weight wool 2 or 3 button suit in brown or med. grey
3. A tweed sport coat (Personally, not tweed for me, but...)
4. At least 6 dress shirts (sized neck and sleeve)
5. 6 sport shirts, long or short sleeve, some polos mixed in
6. 6 ties
7. 2 pocket squares
8. 3 sweaters (pref. cashmere)
9. An overcoat
10. Brown loafers
11. Black loafers
12. Brown lace ups
13. Black lace ups
14. 2 pairs of jeans- lighter for day, darker for night / dressier
15. 1 pair cargo, painter, carpenter pants
16. 1 brown belt
17. 1 black belt
18. 1 QUALITY umbrella
19. 1 leather briefcase
20. 1 metal band watch
21. 1 leather band watch
22. 1 non-athletic sneaker

Link to original thread (and references).

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you need a Bentley GT, remember to pay extra for leather seats.

centrix

Reaction score
definitely dont agree with no.14 15 22, dislike loafers in general, but 1 pair of nice raw denim is all you need cargo pants are disgusting and sneakers, seriously?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TuckyBourbon
Basically, I want to throw money and time at the situation in order to get fashion "handled" in my life, and bring my style up from a 4 to a 10 in like a short amount of time.

Trying to go from a 4 to a 10 in the way you describe ... well, good luck ... you're gonna need it.

If you really want to move up the scale ... you're going to have to invest some effort of your own.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TuckyBourbon
I'm a business owner who makes a lot of money, like $300-500k a year net, after taxes. Sick I know.
Why on earth is that sick? After all, it would be difficut for some to fund their wardrobe alone on that.

EDIT: Yes, Vox ... I know what that is before taxes.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It probably isn't possible to quickly go from a 4 to a 10 (and being a 10 in style might require a great face and a great body). However, it is possible to quickly go from a 4 to a 7 or 8, with the right help and self-awareness. Most stylists and image consultants anywhere don't have good portfolios for men because they don't work much (if at all) with men. (Also, most male clients don't want to be advertised as such.)

6'7" sounds very challenging (hard to be stylish at that height), and the Canadian location doesn't help. A stylist at a local high-end department store might be good, if you like many of the items sold there and some of them fit you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads