• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reynolds

Reaction score
Nice work Rey
nod[1].gif

Cheers!

These look great. What model is this? Thanks

Thank you, they are indeed the mahogany calf Desborough, and yes, that shot of them is a rather lighter shade than IRL. They're very pleasant in person.

Last edited:

noyz

Reaction score
Gentlemen's Footwear, I believe, has finalized a deal to become Herring's US distributor. IIRC, they will be receiving some stock late this year. Check out his affiliate thread for more info.

Well looks like I'm going to be getting myself into some trouble. Thanks.

Last edited:

Boothy99

Reaction score
Given the topic, thought i would outline my experience.

Starting with having received another order from herring shoes on thursday morning (Canberra, Australia) it was only ordered monday night. I have always found herring shoes to provide this quick delivery, and they have awesome products. I have now been buying from them for 5 + years with at least an annual order and with over 15 different shoes purchased, i have never had an issue. i recommend herring shoes to all my friends and work colleagues!

Chanklebury

Reaction score
/\ That's a rebranded Cheaney Pennine IIR, same last. I've had it as the Cheaney.
I can't quite remember now, but I'm typically a UK9 albeit my feet are on the short side of the size, and just wider than average.

As I recall I tried an 8.5UK which I found a little cramped in the toe box, and went with a size UK9 as the more comfortable choice - worn with regular middle weight socks. I didn't find the 4436 to be all that wide, against say the 'G' width fits of other Northampton brands. For reference, Loake's Pennine last is wider in same size and fits larger.

It's entirely dependent on your foot shape but I would hesitate recommending sizing down, It's impossible to give proper reliable sizing advice so I'd suggest ordering both sizes. Returns sadly are at your own cost to Herring.

robotman1985

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the photos, I can't seem to open the link though.

Does the knightsbridge look chunky or big? I'm a slim person bordering on lanky, and I'm worried that it might not look good on me. However, I'm leaning towards the Knightsbridge because it's within my budget, and I like the tobacco brown color.

robotman1985

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could you help me with sizing? I'm about 2 millimeters short of size 9 on the Brannock measuring device. What Herring size should I get, a UK 8.5 or an 8? How small should I size down to?

thanks!

urban

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could you help me with sizing? I'm about 2 millimeters short of size 9 on the Brannock measuring device. What Herring size should I get, a UK 8.5 or an 8? How small should I size down to?

thanks!

It is best to email Herring directly. They will be able to advise.

WestwardDrift

Reaction score
Don't forget the Herring Shoes Summer Sale through Sunday. Discount code HSSUB25.

I did try to email Herring with some sizing and last questions but didn't get a reply. The person I chatted with online from Herring couldn't tell me anything beyond what I had learned here or on other forums. I pulled the trigger on a pair of chukka boots. Hopefully they will fit. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a pair of Churches for a G fitting even with the 25% discount. Hopefully going up a half size in the F of another brand will work. The thought of an international return does not thrill me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads