• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
^As you said, it's hard to compete with GW-shoes for 120 euros, they're probably more than fine for the sale price, even if the leather quality would be decent at best (I have no experiences with the imported shoes).

I quite like the Herrings black cap-toe oxford, the last is sleek but elegant. The Barkers are sitting on an unflattering last and doesn't visually appeal to me, but that just a matter of taste.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just found this threak, apologies. Mine in or two guises...

OzWino

Reaction score
Recently completed my second order with Herring Shoes. And another sensational service. Ordered on Thursday, and at the door on Monday (in Australia). I think they must use a ripple in the space/time continuum or something for their deliveries.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah our perception of how long it takes to get something from A > B in todays world of frequent international shipments is distorted by Australia post who take 5 days to get from Vic > NSW :p

OzWino

Reaction score
Yeah ordered something from Melb a few days earlier and arrived 5 days later.

mfridman

Reaction score
I would also like to complement their shipping and service.

Prompt email replies and lighting-fast delivery (1 full day from UK to Latvia) right to my door (no need to go to the post office as in case with Pediwear).

Contango

Reaction score

Nah our perception of how long it takes to get something from A > B in todays world of frequent international shipments is distorted by Australia post who take 5 days to get from Vic > NSW :p

Took two weeks for a DL sized envelope posted from our Melbourne office to my home in Sydney recently.

Reynolds

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a pair of Austerity Brogues last Thursday and they had arrived by Monday (I'm also in Australia).

What wizardry they used for such expeditious posting eludes me, but needless to say, I am very impressed.

Upon opening the very nice shoe box, and in addition to the bagged shoes, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had included a shoe horn and polish of appropriate colour.

The shoes themselves are lovely and seem to be of quality construction. I can see them developing a nice patina with wear and polishing.

All in all, I am exceptionally happy with my experience. Would highly recommend and I believe I will be buying from them again.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pulled the trigger on a pair of Austerity Brogues last Thursday and they had arrived by Monday (I'm also in Australia).

What wizardry they used for such expeditious posting eludes me, but needless to say, I am very impressed.

Upon opening the very nice shoe box, and in addition to the bagged shoes, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had included a shoe horn and polish of appropriate colour.

The shoes themselves are lovely and seem to be of quality construction. I can see them developing a nice patina with wear and polishing.

All in all, I am exceptionally happy with my experience. Would highly recommend and I believe I will be buying from them again.

That is an impressive all round service you got there Rey.

You'll know what's coming next...

Any chance of fit pics?

viator

Reaction score
They were very helpful on the phone responding to my question about sizing for a pair of Loake Eton loafers, and delivery took 2 days to the U.S. I was very very happy.

Reynolds

Reaction score
That is an impressive all round service you got there Rey.

You'll know what's coming next...

Any chance of fit pics?

Ah, my apologies, I should have mentioned that these were purchased as a gift for a dear friend of mine, so unfortunately, I cannot provide fit pics. HOWEVER, upon presenting them to him for his birthday next week, I can ask if he is not adverse to taking a few snapshots of them on.

Here is a photo of them though, it should be noted that they are a few shades darker IRL...my camera couldn't quite capture how genuinely nice they are.

Last edited:

BingoLiddle

Reaction score
Ah, my apologies, I should have mentioned that these were purchased as a gift for a dear friend of mine, so unfortunately, I cannot provide fit pics. HOWEVER, upon presenting them to him for his birthday next week, I can ask if he is not adverse to taking a few snapshots of them on.

Here is a photo of them though, it should be noted that they are a few shades darker IRL...my camera couldn't quite capture how genuinely nice they are.
These look great. What model is this? Thanks

noyz

Reaction score
Looks like the Desborough. They're on sale too. That color looks real bright for a shoe that's mahogany unless it's a different color that's out of stock. I will say that Herring has absolutely the best customer service of any online retailers I've dealt with. They've given me quick sizing/last response, sent Royal Mail at my request (YMMV) and responded to some website issues I found online. I wish they could setup a US location/partner, so the shipping/return process could be easier (cheaper).

DayTripper

Reaction score
Looks like the Desborough. They're on sale too. That color looks real bright for a shoe that's mahogany unless it's a different color that's out of stock. I will say that Herring has absolutely the best customer service of any online retailers I've dealt with. They've given me quick sizing/last response, sent Royal Mail at my request (YMMV) and responded to some website issues I found online. I wish they could setup a US location/partner, so the shipping/return process could be easier (cheaper).
Gentlemen's Footwear, I believe, has finalized a deal to become Herring's US distributor. IIRC, they will be receiving some stock late this year. Check out his affiliate thread for more info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads