• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help (buying a blazer online and other)

simon211

Reaction score
So it's about 1:30am when I'm writing this. Might be a bit messy.

I'm a shorter kid, 170cm. And I want to buy a blazer online because the prices I've seen in Australia are way too much for me (student, in Brisbane.)

I've heard of YesStyle (nice site and all that, prices are still a bit too high but a bit better nonetheless) and I found a few blazers that MIGHT fit me from the makeshift measurements I have been doing myself.

There's one blazer which has a chest measurement of 100cm (I have a chest measurement of 94cm) and another of below 94cm (86, 90 depending on the size chosen).

The first blazer that I saw had a sleeve length of 65cm (which is too long for me from what I've measured from a leather jacket that is too big for me) and the second blazer has a sleeve length of 60, 62 (yet again depending on the size). Total length of the first blazer is 70cm and the second one is 60 and 62. The first one is too big, (sleeve length, total length wise, and the second one is too small chest wise.) what do I do. Do I buy the bigger one and go to a tailor (not too sure if there's one near me btw) and get it fixed up? Or do I keep searching until I can find a blazer online? I know I need to take a shoulder measurement. I'll do that later when I'm not half comatose. Are blazers meant to be tight fitting or loose fitting? (This is the first blazer purchase of mine and I don't want to mess it up.)

First Blazer: http://www.yesstyle.com.au/en/city-a...pid.1024305374
Second Blazer: http://www.yesstyle.com.au/en/makoto...pid.1023600216

I hate being short.

Another question.
I've got these nice brown/dark brown dress shoes that my dad gave to me after he bought them and found that they did not fit perfectly. Just wondering if it's ok to wear them with jeans (I don't want to buy another pair of shoes just to go with this blazer).

I want to wear (You guys might hate me for this) tshirts under this blazer so I won't have to spend so much money on actual shirts right now. I don't mind spending up to $150 for this, but it'd be nicer if I didn't have to.

If there are any other places where I could order clothes online please leave a link.

Sorry if you guys have answered this already. Any more measurements that you guys want I will try and provide (just me atm, but I will try and persuade (by persuade I mean pay $5 or something) a retailer to take some measurements for me). Any clarifications you need are also welcome.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget about both of those jackets, and keep browsing this forum for a good 2+ weeks before you buy anything.

simon211

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
Thanks for linking that site, so many hot girls to look at.

Oh wait, that's a guy.

There's a girl section you can look at.

---

Alrighty. I'll lurk this forum for a few weeks. Does anyone have any links to sites that are good to buy off for Australia?

tombrokaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by simon211
There's a girl section you can look at.

---

Alrighty. I'll lurk this forum for a few weeks. Does anyone have any links to sites that are good to buy off for Australia?

I like to buy some jacket separates at yoox.com.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ishotandywarhol