• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FistofFurySC

Reaction score

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Crimson Longwings arrived today (talk about amazing shipping speeds!). First thoughts: they are awesome! The CXL is nice and thick, the finish on the uppers is very consistent, and the stitching appears to be flawless. The bonus accessories are just the icing on the cake. Now only to convince the wife that there are never enough longwings in the footwear rotation...

IMG-4682.JPG

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the saddle tan PTBs with Vibram outsoles. I wish the color was a tad bit darker and less orange, though. Anyone have them and care to comment on the color of the leather? Does it darken over time?

And how about the off white Vibram sole? I'm imagining it to be very soft (and quiet) when walking, like a crepe sole. Is this the case? How about keeping the white edges of the sole clean? Do dirt and scuffs wipe off easily?

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Crimson Longwings arrived today (talk about amazing shipping speeds!). First thoughts: they are awesome! The CXL is nice and thick, the finish on the uppers is very consistent, and the stitching appears to be flawless. The bonus accessories are just the icing on the cake. Now only to convince the wife that there are never enough longwings in the footwear rotation...

View attachment 852607

Very nice! I absolutely love mine. Wear them in good health.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the saddle tan PTBs with Vibram outsoles. I wish the color was a tad bit darker and less orange, though. Anyone have them and care to comment on the color of the leather? Does it darken over time?

And how about the off white Vibram sole? I'm imagining it to be very soft (and quiet) when walking, like a crepe sole. Is this the case? How about keeping the white edges of the sole clean? Do dirt and scuffs wipe off easily?

Here are images of the veg tan PTB (on leather, not that it makes a difference to how the color ages) posted earlier in the thread.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Some of the saddle tans tend to be a bit orange after being worn awhile and shoe creams are applied. It seems as though the more the shoe is conditioned, it slowly becomes darker and more orange/red. One pair which I frequently photograph and wear in poor weather has had products applied more than normal and it darkened quickly (first photo). If you were just using the likes of a neutral venetian, the leather wont turn this color. I've had another pair that stayed more of a warm tan with normal wear and conditioning. Below are a handful of photos. None of these have filters, just different lighting.
The photo of the saddle diesels are my brothers that have been worn for over a year now and the color is still nearly the same. He definitely hasn't conditioned them but I don't think they get a lot of abuse.

This Vibram wedge is softer but not as squishy as the average crepe sole. However, it is quiet when walking. Cleaning the edge with water works okay if it's dirt or dust. That being said, the color of the wedge is pretty light so it almost looks better (more subtle/not as bright) after a little wear.

2017-08-25 14.22.48 copy.jpg
IMG_3514.PNG
IMG_3803.PNG
IMG_3805.PNG.png
IMG_3806.PNG.png

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Grant Stone x Olof arrived today. What a fantastic Suede boot. So glad I was able to be a part of this collaboration.
Quick pic . Swapped the laces as I always do :) Thank you Wyatt !!!
View attachment 855819

I’m glad you like them! These projects are fun. We will try to do a snuff LW before the end of the year. We were thinking antique welts and sole stain instead of the natural. Any preferences ?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you like them! These projects are fun. We will try to do a snuff LW before the end of the year. We were thinking antique welts and sole stain instead of the natural. Any preferences ?
Antique welts and stain would look very nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads