• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's a bit early to ask, but with COVID and all, is there a potential of a Black Friday sale in November?

Yes we will! The details are being put together now but there should be some great deals in most sizes.

Very excited about the arrival of the Saddle Tans in 7.5EEE. Thanks BrandonF and Josh @GrantStone for the sizing advice. These fit spot-on, comfortably snug with the Chups to allow some break in. Heel held in place nicely and everything placed just right. I was swimming in the 8EEE - I am really amazed what a difference half a size made.

View attachment 1478711

I’m really glad this worked out for you. The EEE last has been a savior for many customers but is really full, usually requiring to size down a full size. It looks like a good fit!

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coffee suede LWB

DEA9B530-7007-4DC9-8169-070E0E704F67.jpeg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I’m really glad this worked out for you. The EEE last has been a savior for many customers but is really full, usually requiring to size down a full size. It looks like a good fit!

Me too, thanks! I can imagine that EEE really opens up your customer base. I could have done this boot in 8.5E as we discussed, but I feel like this model is too stout for dress socks but perfect for boot socks. It had to fit me with heavier socks or I would have done something dressier.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Me too, thanks! I can imagine that EEE really opens up your customer base. I could have done this boot in 8.5E as we discussed, but I feel like this model is too stout for dress socks but perfect for boot socks. It had to fit me with heavier socks or I would have done something dressier.

A little extra room usually works out long term. Sometimes the wider width scares people away so we are always happy if they give it a shot.

We consistently hear first time customers mention they were told to buy boots snug and stretch them out which can create a bad experience so we try to suggest wearing a size that doesn’t create pressure on the instep or ball area.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very excited about the arrival of the Saddle Tans in 7.5EEE. Thanks BrandonF and Josh @GrantStone for the sizing advice. These fit spot-on, comfortably snug with the Chups to allow some break in. Heel held in place nicely and everything placed just right. I was swimming in the 8EEE - I am really amazed what a difference half a size made.

View attachment 1478711
Those look great, and the feel/fit will only improve. My OG Ottawas have over 500 miles on them, and they're just a pleasure to wear.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Posted this on the Alden thread this morning, but a trip to the Podiatrist has made it crystal clear that I MUST wear my custom orthotics any time I am in footwear. The orthotics work well with boots, as it's ankle geometry that they are trying to address. However, they don't work so well with shoes, thus I will be putting up for sale most of my shoes and going 95% boots from now on. I do not want to do this, but if I don't have the shoes, I can't wear them, thus will wake up the next day able to walk without extreme pain. I have been testing this hypothesis (confirmed by Podiatrist) for the past month or so. I will be listing shoes on the GS B/S/T thread some time this week. A couple pair won't ever be let go as I just love them too much (Dirty Bucks and Ivory suede), but others must go. Have a great week everyone!

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - just found out about your Ottawa boots and they look great. I'd like to try them out during the Black Friday deals. Following along to see what the offer is. I'm going to read through here to get some info on sizing.

Thanks -
Eli

postjack

Reaction score
Hey guys - just found out about your Ottawa boots and they look great. I'd like to try them out during the Black Friday deals. Following along to see what the offer is. I'm going to read through here to get some info on sizing.

Thanks -
Eli

good idea to look through the thread re: sizing, but if you post some other brands and/or your brannock measurement we might could help you out as well. grant stone is also responsive to emails.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good idea to look through the thread re: sizing, but if you post some other brands and/or your brannock measurement we might could help you out as well. grant stone is also responsive to emails.

Sure -

9.5 in Allen Edmonds. 9.5 in Alden, but 9 in Barrie last. 8 in Sutor.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks -
Eli
I agree with other posters, reach out to GS directly. They know their footwear better than anyone! OH, and some Crimson Diesel boots
IMG_5027.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads