• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BrandonF

Reaction score
Does anyone with high instep find the penny loafers quite tight around the area with half size down as per recommendation? Length fit me perfectly but I'm wary. Will the problem go away?
Mine were quite painful for a good week. I got them stretched and then wore them a ton. Now they are perfect.

For me, it was the stiffness of the sole and leather upper that caused pressure on the instep when I would try to bend my foot.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine were quite painful for a good week. I got them stretched and then wore them a ton. Now they are perfect.

For me, it was the stiffness of the sole and leather upper that caused pressure on the instep when I would try to bend my foot.
Exactly my issue. Good to know. I might just get them stretched. Did you do that at home or at a cobbler's?

BrandonF

Reaction score
Shoes should not need to be stretched if proper size in the first place. They should fit, and there should be no issues with wearing them right out of the box
In a perfect world yes, but for me I cant go up in length anymore, and there isn’t a bigger width option. I find that stretching doesn’t so much permanently stretch them, at least not beyond what they would stretch naturally, but hastens the breaking in period. At least in my experience.

Virtus

Reaction score
This discussion has me wondering if there is a generally recognized age requirement to wear loafers with shorts ha.

XxLogo

Reaction score
This discussion has me wondering if there is a generally recognized age requirement to wear loafers with shorts ha.
I think anything over a baggy t shirt and over sized sweatpants is weird for the average person, so I think wearing any kind of loafer with shorts is better than that lol

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
It seems like it's more common in older guys, but I think its more a matter of just doing it right (as Erikdayo mentioned above).

I don't do it just cuz it's not my thing. Being a California guy, most of my shorts are beach / board shorts, and I do sometimes wear a pair of blue Sperrys. But....I'm re-thinking my look...

1602787865063.png

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Should I order same size Traveller as I wear for the Leo last?
So long as you aren't low instep/volume it seems like most people wear the same size. What works better for me is 1/2 size down from my Leo size aka 1 full size down from my brannock size.

Virtus

Reaction score
So long as you aren't low instep/volume it seems like most people wear the same size. What works better for me is 1/2 size down from my Leo size aka 1 full size down from my brannock size.
I'm both low instep and volume too so that's good to know.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's