• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback on my experience. I don't see it as an admonishment, it is an accounting of my experience. I was very happy overall. I didn't realize that I'm only supposed to report 100% positive things on this board. I'm not really inclined to ask for an empty box. Seems a bit much. Anyway, in the interest of harmony, I'll edit out the offending sentence.
I very seriously doubt the GS team has any issues with your post. As someone who has had a fair number of their boxes shipped to my home, I'm pretty surprised though - they pack well and I've never had the interior box damaged at all that I can remember (whereas it's more often the case than not with Alden).

Congrats on two great pairs!

bigtimejackq

Reaction score
I very seriously doubt the GS team has any issues with your post. As someone who has had a fair number of their boxes shipped to my home, I'm pretty surprised though - they pack well and I've never had the interior box damaged at all that I can remember (whereas it's more often the case than not with Alden).

Congrats on two great pairs!

Never had a box damaged either and probably have ~ 10 pair

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Geez, that's extreme. Well, if I get banned for reporting that both of my GS shoeboxes got damaged in transit and suggesting that they use padding between the shipping carton and the shoebox, then they'd be doing me a favor.

Again, I'm very happy with the boots. So happy that I'm going to punish my feet this morning by going on a four mile walk in them so I can get them broken in quicker.
I don’t think anyone is getting banned for that…. At least not in here. I know @GrantStone aka Wyatt has talked about (either in this forum or another or YouTube, but somewhere) what all they’ve done to improve the boxes and stop the damage. Long story short I suspect they are trying to fight physics with the weight of the shoes moving around inside the boxes as they ship, and let’s face it UPS or any package carrier for that matter isn’t exactly dainty with the goods. That said as a customer if the experience isn’t quite what you were hoping for it’s fair to tell them about it. I’m sure they will continue to work on it, they seem to understand and focus on total quality including the experience.

Always welcome to share your experience here. Since changing our box to a doubled-layer base, they have improved quite a bit and we have seen fewer issues with deliveries. Receiving our returns is always a good reminder of what some customers might see and it's usually every few days a carton comes back nearly demolished. We do have a policy here not to ship a box that has been compromised but unfortunately, that's usually not the issue.

I have a feeling we will be moving to a different paper material next year if the latest box isn't performing better.

Anybody got photos of the Navy CXL Loafers?
@M635Guy - Equally in need of sun here ?

20210407-1F7A6692.jpg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there anything in the pipeline for Memorial Day weekend @GrantStone ?

No promotions are planned unfortunately. We are still trying to work on getting our inventory in a better position but things are still backed up quite a bit so we are having a hard time keeping core sizes in stock.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No promotions are planned unfortunately. We are still trying to work on getting our inventory in a better position but things are still backed up quite a bit so we are having a hard time keeping core sizes in stock.
Cool, I am probably going to purchase a pair of loafers next month. Trying to decide between Navy and Dune CXL. Kind of leaning to Navy, seems more unique

EZBZ

Reaction score

I'm curious what are considered core sizes? What sizes are most and least common?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, I am probably going to purchase a pair of loafers next month. Trying to decide between Navy and Dune CXL. Kind of leaning to Navy, seems more unique
I really love my Dune pair

CnGN4hP.jpg

I have to say though - this pic does them zero justice. Much deeper tone and depth.

DawgPound

Reaction score
I really love my Dune pair

CnGN4hP.jpg

I have to say though - this pic does them zero justice. Much deeper tone and depth.
I agree with this 100%! I love my dune pair as well and photographs don’t capture the variation in color. I’ve come to the conclusion that Grant Stone will be the only pair of loafers I ever plan to buy. They fit perfectly, are comfortable, and I love the build quality. I like and own many AE’s, but have tried several loafer models and just can’t get them to work. I actually moved some really nice Achesons a few weeks ago and just returned some shell Patriots today with the hope of getting some future shell Travelers the next time they’re available. Come on Wyatt! Help a guy out ?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm curious what are considered core sizes? What sizes are most and least common?

For our program, 9D-10.5D are consistently the most common sizes. The next level would be closer to 8D-11.5D, but these additional sizes have a pretty large drop-off. Once we get into widths, that's where turnover is tougher, especially in the small or large sizes.

Firstly, I'd guess you tan better than me - I just go from pale to red back to pale :(

Secondly, the green undertones in that leather are really cool...

We have slowly updated our descriptions including "teal" because many of the pairs do have a green hue. It does make them really interesting though and probably one of the leathers people comment most on.

@GrantStone wondering if there is another honey-glazed shell drop in the pipeline?

Shell supply is probably at its tightest right now (from our experience). If I had to guess, the next pre-order will probably be Maduro.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with this 100%! I love my dune pair as well and photographs don’t capture the variation in color. I’ve come to the conclusion that Grant Stone will be the only pair of loafers I ever plan to buy. They fit perfectly, are comfortable, and I love the build quality. I like and own many AE’s, but have tried several loafer models and just can’t get them to work. I actually moved some really nice Achesons a few weeks ago and just returned some shell Patriots today with the hope of getting some future shell Travelers the next time they’re available. Come on Wyatt! Help a guy out ?

If everything goes as planned we should be able to hold the next pre-order in just a couple of months!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics