• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question. In large part because of the overwhelming advice to size down, I brannock 11.5 E/2E, the 11 3E was huge, and length hadn’t been the issue. I do see where you’re going though.

If it helps, I’m an 11 3E in AE 65, and 11.5 2E in 511 last. My AE 1757 feels good in 11 3E, has some room in forefoot but locks the heel nicely. My only Alden is on the TruBal I’m a 11 2E and it fits great.
Not sure if this helps or not but I have 11.5E Leo last and they fit identical to my 12D 1757 last AE

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all! I’m struggling a little with the Leo last and have tried several sizes. I’ve tried 11 3E and those were huge (volume and width). I’m now trying 11 E and 10.5 3E. I can make both work, but the 11E is a tad snug in the forefoot but nicely locks in the heel and the 10.5 3E feels really good in the forefoot, but is sloppy in the heel and there’s heel slip even with thicker boot socks. Question: Which happens more as it the break in...forefoot relaxes some and it gives more there or it molds more to my heel and the sole breaks in giving me a better heel lock? I’m leaning on going with the better heel fit. Looking for advice. Thanks!

P.S. The Alexander last feels like it was made for my foot and 11E and 11.5E both work pretty well depending on if I want a snugger fit for the loafer or something with just enough comfortable room.

This will be a personal preference at this point since it sounds like both could work. If it were me, I would choose the 10.5EEE and the heel slip will be reduced once the boot has been worn for a few weeks.
The 11E sounds okay too, I just don't like a snug fit in the toe box/ball area. A lot of customers would lean towards the 11E because they want a snug fit all around.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New pair of maduro edwards. This pair is on the darker side of the spectrum. I think these will be getting a lot of wear...

2021-03-11 17.38.56-2.jpg

DawgPound

Reaction score
This will be a personal preference at this point since it sounds like both could work. If it were me, I would choose the 10.5EEE and the heel slip will be reduced once the boot has been worn for a few weeks.
The 11E sounds okay too, I just don't like a snug fit in the toe box/ball area. A lot of customers would lean towards the 11E because they want a snug fit all around.

Thanks Wyatt! I appreciate your thoughts, product quality, and your team and plan to be a long-time customer, no matter how much my wife resists on shoe purchases!

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Wyatt! I appreciate your thoughts, product quality, and your team and plan to be a long-time customer, no matter how much my wife resists on shoe purchases!

Thank you very much!

Are those 10.5e? If so, they're ugly as heck, but fortunately I am benevolent and will buy them from you.

If anything else, very nice.

:laugh: Almost! 10.5D.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Whelp, decided to keep the 11.5 E Travelers and I love them! Just enough snug to hold them on and good room in the toes to not feel crunched. Best fitting loafer I’ve tried on or have. I own two AE loafers, the Palm Beach, which I love because of the uniqueness of it, and the Acheson which I’ll probably move for another Traveler in the future. Ignore the socks...just trying to break them in without destroying my feet. Now, need to decide on the size on the Leo.

EA3B28AE-7F4F-4DE3-93F9-D4AB2964E656.jpeg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great! It's amazing how different fit is for everyone. You're taking those loafers true to size where as I go 1 full size down and still find that they slide off a little too easily for my liking. Wish I could be a loafer guy. ?

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those look great! It's amazing how different fit is for everyone. You're taking those loafers true to size where as I go 1 full size down and still find that they slide off a little too easily for my liking. Wish I could be a loafer guy. ?

As I am sure you know, all shoes are built to a generalized standard (i.e. a plastic or wooden last) yet our feet are individual. Take away the laces and you have one less thing to secure your individual foot into that standardized shape. As such, I too want to be a loafer guy but my narrow heels and wide forefoot do not allow for it within any makers offerings (and I have tried many of them in various lasts, sizes, and widths). :mad:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whelp, decided to keep the 11.5 E Travelers and I love them! Just enough snug to hold them on and good room in the toes to not feel crunched. Best fitting loafer I’ve tried on or have. I own two AE loafers, the Palm Beach, which I love because of the uniqueness of it, and the Acheson which I’ll probably move for another Traveler in the future. Ignore the socks...just trying to break them in without destroying my feet. Now, need to decide on the size on the Leo.

View attachment 1573077
Now you just need some no show socks, or no socks at all ;)

DawgPound

Reaction score
As I am sure you know, all shoes are built to a generalized standard (i.e. a plastic or wooden last) yet our feet are individual. Take away the laces and you have one less thing to secure your individual foot into that standardized shape. As such, I too want to be a loafer guy but my narrow heels and wide forefoot do not allow for it within any makers offerings (and I have tried many of them in various lasts, sizes, and widths). :mad:

I tend to relate (wider forefoot narrower heel) as I’m finding out in trying to get my Leo last size dialed in.

Now you just need some no show socks, or no socks at all ;)
Ha! Agree, although I look like a bum right now and was just going comfy. These Nike dry fit runner socks are amazingly thin for athletic socks, compressive and don’t move...perfect for protecting my feet and not over stretching the shoes while they break in around the house.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Ha! Agree, although I look like a bum right now and was just going comfy. These Nike dry fit runner socks are amazingly thin for athletic socks, compressive and don’t move...perfect for protecting my feet and not over stretching the shoes while they break in around the house.

Fear not! When the day comes when my wife will let me out of the house rockin' loafers like this, it'll be in a pair of GS. And I'll be wearing a sailor hat like my avatar.

1615601416586.png

DawgPound

Reaction score
Sounds like 11.5e is worth trying.
My first reaction was nah...that’ll be even bigger, but I tend to agree now. I’ll be ordering those shortly to give them a shot. Otherwise, I’ll go with Wyatt’s suggestion here and go with 10.5 3E. I’m not a big fan of the snugness of the 11E Leo. My hope is the 11.5E is a great fit and not too big since there are usually more product options with the E vs 3E size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads