• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jojo Lapin X

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with a pocket square this week and seeing how I like it. No issues until today where the square is messing with the lapel roll on a jacket that normally rolls very nicely to the 2nd button without bowing. Any thoughts on what is going on here?
confused.gif

Yes. The pocket square is making a bulge in your breast pocket. But I think on some level you already suspected that.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a VERY nice tie. beautiful shade of brown.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New jacket. :slayer: Wool, silk, linen blend, unlined, nice and summery.

Cutter and Buck. More of an "american cut" which fits me nicely.

Fit pics next week.

Hard to tell but its a green, blue, black, grey.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, crap. Just received a bunch of T-shirts from AA (American Apparel) only to find they've changed their fit since the last time I purchased them. Yeah, I know, cheap ass t-shirts manufactured by a ******-Appreciation sex maniac in LA, and I should prolly be posting this in SW&D (though those scrawny hipsters would laugh at me too), so I'm afraid I'm exiled in Noodlesville.

What can I say, they're well-made, decent cotton, good variety of colors, my go to ultra-cas pairing w/ denim, and they used to ******* fit very well. So, I'm pissed. And it's the very same aforementioned scrawny-ass hipsters who are to blame. Smaller chest + lengthened body = fail. They have a long version, seems dumb not to also offer a short. And to add fuel to the fire, I got 30% off on a "dads day" promo. Bahhh...

Enough venting. Where do I turn now for decent 100% cotton, non-scrawny tee's, with a good selection of colors? I'm not gonna pay big money for knock around t-shirts to wear w/ jeans & sneaks around the house (years ago, I made a classic Noodles move, and bought some Zegna Sport t-shirts at full price from NM. Embarressed to say how much, and yeah, they were nice & soft, but way overpriced for what they were)

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Try Lands' End Super-Ts. $15 a pop, tons of color options, and they offer a version with a pocket if you like pocket tees (I do). They've been my go-to t-shirts for the past two years. I just ordered 4 more in gray. I'm 5'11", about 190, 43" chest, and the mediums fit me well. A bit tight in the arms/shoulders, but nothing that a gentle stretching after every wash can't fix.

Last edited:

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Uniqlo Supima T-shirts. 6' 210 48'' chest and I take a L for a snug fit around my shoulders and chest. Dozens of washes, no fading.

in
cm
in
cm
in
cm
in
BODY LENGTH BACK​
25 1/5 64 26 3/8 67 27 5/9 70 28 3/4 73
SHOULDER WIDTH​
15 3/4 40 16 1/3 41.5 17 43 17 5/7 45
BODY WIDTH​
18 1/2 47 19 2/3 50 20 6/7 53 22 4/9 57
SLEEVE LENGTH​
7 1/2 19 7 7/8 20 8 1/2 21.5 8 6/7 22.5
SLEEVE WIDTH​
7 2/3 19.5 8 20.5 8 1/4 21 8 2/3 22​

Ok, that chart copied very poorly. Sizes go XS-S-M-L with each size having measurements in both cm and in

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Try Lands' End Super-Ts. $15 a pop, tons of color options, and they offer a version with a pocket if you like pocket tees (I do). They've been my go-to t-shirts for the past two years. I just ordered 4 more in gray. I'm 5'11", about 190, 43" chest, and the mediums fit me well. A bit tight in the arms/shoulders, but nothing that a gentle stretching after every wash can't fix.

I like Uniqlo Supima T-shirts. 6' 210 48'' chest and I take a L for a snug fit around my shoulders and chest. Dozens of washes, no fading.

Ok, that chart copied very poorly. Sizes go XS-S-M-L with each size having measurements in both cm and in

Thanks, will check both of these out.

On the plus side of today's deliveries, received 3 ties from NMWA: the green linen Bigi "confetti" tie, the brown unlined Bigi grenadine and the "dense" patterned Drake's green w/ blue & yellow flowers. Really happy w/ the 2 Bigi's: like the colorway, confetti & hand of the linen, and the grenadine is very elegant and a rich shade of brown (thanks to those who gave it a strong rec--you know who you are @clags @sugs @stitchman). The Drake's tie is a bit unusual in that the green color actually reads as a greenish brown (brownish green?), so not quite what I pictured and maybe a little tougher to pair with. I think it will grow on me though. The pattern is actually pretty cool. Btw, NMWA needs some longer tie boxes, but I'm guessing they're already aware of that.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you know, i was thinking about that, and i agree. with his sleek style, they dont really jive. but if he wears some more casual stuff, and i am sure he does, they would work.

--

B - love those watches.

Yup, I wear some casual stuff but what I really need in terms of shooz are loafers. :(

For those of y'all in this thread that can handle 3.75 inch ties, this Borrelli has been teasing me for a while at sub 60USD nwot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORRELLI-mens-100-silk-tie-NEW-WITH-TAGS-/131211843543?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item1e8cd5d7d7

Very, very Noodle Thread Approved.

Buy it, Clags, or I will.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Borrelli is too shiny.

You had me purge that shiny repp silk solid brown Borrelli from my collection, remember?

This is the same tie basically, but with a pattern on top

For those of y'all in this thread that can handle 3.75 inch ties, this Borrelli has been teasing me for a while at sub 60USD nwot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BORRELLI-mens-100-silk-tie-NEW-WITH-TAGS-/131211843543?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item1e8cd5d7d7

Very, very Noodle Thread Approved.

that is a VERY nice tie. beautiful shade of brown.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So, our good friend @Cleav is currently embroiled in a mess with Gianni Cerruti. I'll let him provide the details. But I just wanted to open up this thread to him should he desire some good natured advice on how to handle an uncooperative, uncommunicative, and untrustworthy iMerchant.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lurk:

Wasn't the aforementioned vendor also involved in some type of very public spat concerning who was the best or most honorable suit maker in Italy, or some such nonsense? I believe it was him; I read a bit of the exchange and the insults were flying, albeit in ridiculous, google-translated english.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads