• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why do bad things happen to good people?

I had one bad experience with Cappelli. I dont give a rats ass if everyone likes him. When I brought up an issue with my tie, he was like , "So what?!" I will never order from such a rude vendor. Greg is the best vendor and so is Sam Hober and Vanda. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have not seen Giavannis post for a long time...oh it's cus I blocked him.

oh-no-you-didnt-10.jpg

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh gawd...

teoky

Reaction score

Greg is the best vendor and so is Sam Hober and Vanda. Just my two cents.

+1 to that. Include Jason from Henry Carter too. I brought up an issue regarding his tie recently, and he offered to ship me a new one on his cost. Great service and prompt response.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve @ Gentlemens footwear rocks my socks! :slayer:

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
JRD did sell me the suit that was best fitting in my wardrobe collection and he deserves a shoutout. Lol

So speaking of suits for me, are suits with structured shoulders (Zegna) a big no no for my body type? I know I bought everyrhing one size too small. But instead of keep posting fit pix and asking same darn questions I wud like to learn how to know when a suit fits me well. Here is what i know:
- the length of the suit should cover the seat
- when buttoned, the x is a no no

Crap...movie is starting. 22 jump st.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
What would you consider your body type to be? If you do not have broad shoulders, then some structure / slight padding is not a bad thing, as it builds up diminutive shoulders...

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no love for me?

You did score me an amazing jacket that I haven't worn yet and threw in a free tie in some of my other pickups from you. :slayer:

I was just going to leave you seller feedback but I don't have the links for the items you sold me and they won't let me without the URL :brick:

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JRD did sell me the suit that was best fitting in my wardrobe collection and he deserves a shoutout. Lol

So speaking of suits for me, are suits with structured shoulders (Zegna) a big no no for my body type? I know I bought everyrhing one size too small. But instead of keep posting fit pix and asking same darn questions I wud like to learn how to know when a suit fits me well. Here is what i know:
- the length of the suit should cover the seat
- when buttoned, the x is a no no

Crap...movie is starting. 22 jump st.

Does anyone have an SF recommended reading list for Noodles? There are so many helpful threads that discuss basic fit issues, the country/city dichotomy, colour combinations, tailoring etc., but I can't remember their titles.

I think both a natural shoulder and a roped shoulder would look good on you, but a roped shoulder might be best because it helps you avoid that pear shaped look. I'm not sure if Formosa has roped shoulder cuts. Other basic things you want to look for in a jacket:
  • Plenty of room in the shoulders. Extended shoulders would probably work wonders for you
  • Plenty of room in the chest, perhaps even some drape
  • Wider lapels
  • Jacket collar that sits very close to your shirt collar. Ideally it should "stick" to your shirt collar, i.e. no matter how you move it does not create a gap
  • High armholes, but not so high that they cut in your armpits
  • Buttoning point at or very close to your natural waist
  • Jacket length: It should sort of cut your body in half. Have someone measure you from the bottom of your collar to the ground, divide this by two and you have your ideal jacket length
  • Sleeve pitch: no wrinkles in your sleeves when standing naturally (please no monkey stance)
  • In general, there shouldn't be any major wrinkles in your jacket, in the front and back. Wrinkles usually indicate a fit issue
  • A jacket should not feel restrictive. It should be very comfortable and you should be able to move freely and do nearly anything you could do without a jacket
  • No overly shiny fabrics, probably best to stay away from higher super fabrics as well for regular wear. Perhaps nothing over S140 or S150.
  • Perhaps start creating a seasonal wardrobe: linen/fresco/cotton for summer, flannel/heavier wools/cords/moleskin for winter. Some fabrics might be more office appropriate than others

Trouser fit:
  • Trousers are very hard to fit, and all of the different kinds of wrinkle patterns have their own issues associated with them. There are some good posts about this
  • In general, the legs should be straight lines without any major distortions. Every distortion/wrinkle that you see is probably caused by a fit issue
  • Higher rise, close to natural waist
  • I prefer side adjusters/suspenders over belts because of comfort and looks, but this is personal
  • Probably flat front because you have very skinny legs. Pleats/darts can help if you have more muscular legs
  • Not too aggressively tapered. I don't know your shoe size, but between 8.25-8.5" leg openings would probably be best
  • 1.75-2" cuffs with a slight break, get a faux cuff if there isn't enough material for a real one

Last edited:

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Does anyone have an SF recommended reading list for Noodles? There are so many helpful threads that discuss basic fit issues, the country/city dichotomy, colour combinations, tailoring etc., but I can't remember their titles.

I think both a natural shoulder and a roped shoulder would look good on you, but a roped shoulder might be best because it helps you avoid that pear shaped look. I'm not sure if Formosa has roped shoulder cuts. Other basic things you want to look for in a jacket:
  • Plenty of room in the shoulders. Extended shoulders would probably work wonders for you
  • Plenty of room in the chest, perhaps even some drape
  • Wider lapels
  • Jacket collar that sits very close to your shirt collar. Ideally it should "stick" to your shirt collar, i.e. no matter how you move it does not create a gap
  • High armholes, but not so high that they cut in your armpits
  • Buttoning point at or very close to your natural waist
  • Jacket length: It should sort of cut your body in half. Have someone measure you from the bottom of your collar to the ground, divide this by two and you have your ideal jacket length
  • Sleeve pitch: no wrinkles in your sleeves when standing naturally (please no monkey stance)
  • In general, there shouldn't be any major wrinkles in your jacket, in the front and back. Wrinkles usually indicate a fit issue
  • A jacket should not feel restrictive. It should be very comfortable and you should be able to move freely and do nearly anything you could do without a jacket
  • No overly shiny fabrics, probably best to stay away from higher super fabrics as well for regular wear. Perhaps nothing over S140 or S150.
  • Perhaps start creating a seasonal wardrobe: linen/fresco/cotton for summer, flannel/heavier wools/cords/moleskin for winter. Some fabrics might be more office appropriate than others

Trouser fit:
  • Trousers are very hard to fit, and all of the different kinds of wrinkle patterns have their own issues associated with them. There are some good posts about this
  • In general, the legs should be straight lines without any major distortions. Every distortion/wrinkle that you see is probably caused by a fit issue
  • Higher rise, close to natural waist
  • I prefer side adjusters/suspenders over belts because of comfort and looks, but this is personal
  • Probably flat front because you have very skinny legs. Pleats/darts can help if you have more muscular legs
  • Not too aggressively tapered. I don't know your shoe size, but between 8.25-8.5" leg openings would probably be best
  • 1.75-2" cuffs with a slight break, get a faux cuff if there isn't enough material for a real one

If I can give you 100 thumbs up for this, I would. Thanks MKF.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd agree with @Monkeyface except for the roped shoulders advice. Think it looks kinda of "affected." Not ideal for business

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads