• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Everyone should own a light gray suit. (I care not for your complexion concerns, fair people!) EVERYONE. Then wear it with a white shirt, [...]

Always a white shirt?   Would a very light blue be acceptable, if not, perhaps, optimal?

Cheers,

Ac

If you have to. (But I don't think you do.)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Get better plumbing,...it's never happened to me. :)

give it time.

i left out the rest because i dont know what you meant and it seemed beyond the pale. for shame.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with you. But to Patrizio's defense, he was in the process of removing it when someone copped it.
And yes, I was merely answering another member to advice him to stop searching as it was out of stock. Or at least that was what I thought after talking to Patrizio.
It's all good though, I'm not mad. Lesson learned.

Going back a few pages. I don't think this is the same tie in question but Gentlemens Footwear has a brown Cappelli showing that is nice?

http://gentlemensfootwear.myshopify...cappelli-napoli-patterned-tie-in-brown-8-5-cm

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments. I might just kop the light grey suit and wear it with a black knit and black shoes, like SB suggested.

Cox, you can get that suit to work for you, but it'll be a $100+ tailoring bill. Might be better to either save up and go for SuSu MTM or look at different cuts/brands. There are lots of very nice suits for the price of 1.5 SuSu suit on ebay. Just make sure you know your size or that the seller accepts returns.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going back a few pages. I don't think this is the same tie in question but Gentlemens Footwear has a brown Cappelli showing that is nice?

http://gentlemensfootwear.myshopify...cappelli-napoli-patterned-tie-in-brown-8-5-cm

Thanks, I appreciate the thought and effort. The purchaser (@Pbayvip ) of the tie came clean in the thread and suggested that I take the tie. I thanked him for the kind gesture but declined. He PM'ed me later and assured that I could take it if I wanted it as he could just pick another tie from Cappelli's inventory. So we solved it thanked to his polite gesture. A true gentleman. Just like you, trying to find a substitute. =)

jssdc

Reaction score
I recommend fish oil, Clags, for your constipation. I go at least twice a day. Hee ha

Well...the auto repair shop took me to the bank.
$500 for rear break pad (had my own parts) replacement along with rotors. He flushed the break fluids and changed my oil (had my own).

He basically took advantage of me....
shog[1].gif

Depending on the make of your car that's actually not too bad. Not saying it's cheap but labor in DC is expensive.

(Disclaimer on the following: I only know about auto maintenance on one particular rip-off type of car - BMWs - and haven't the slightest idea what stuff costs on other cars)
Pads and rotors usually comes in at 2 labor units, which are each $90-110 depending on the shop - and there's usually a premium for bringing your own parts. Rotors are $60-100 a piece (and with most German cars at any rate they wear about the same as the pads...at a very minimum there's less than 10 minutes of additional labor to change these once you've got the pads off so it's a good idea to do so). Brake flush is usually 1-1.5 labor units plus fluid which is cheap. This to me is the only questionable part since it's really not that necessary. A synthetic change can easily be $100 depending on your oil capacity.

So....it sucks to blow a pair of C&J's on car maintenance but whatcha gonna do?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Use public transportation.

****, I'm not looking forward to driving again. Yeah, I spend close to two hours a day on public transpo here in Seoul, but they're generally productive. I get a good hour of SF and a good hour of work on my iPad done. Can't do that in while stuck in traffic. Well, probably shouldn't.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. The subway has wifi, as well as cell phone....beacons, I guess?....so that service is never dropped.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LTE Repeaters - at least that's the term I've heard used in Boston. No WiFi for us but who cares... you're never on the train for that long so it shouldn't cut into the data plan very much. I chose 4 GB per month for my phone and don't even use half of it.

I sort of like the repeaters and sort of hate them. Now the dolts can continue yammering on their phones underground whereas before, public transportation etiquette happened via dropped calls. So I invested in noise canceling earbuds. At least now all I do is see some dumb mouth flapping away but music I like is playing over it.

/subway rant
//coulda gone on forever about this topic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads