• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that inkjet printed? :devil:

Nope, it's from Adamley I believe, screen printed

Same here. Can't believe all the beautiful Macclessfields that have never been restocked or replaced.

i don't think it's inkjette... maybe vintage with many years on its shoulders?
Shocking how small Hober's Macclesfield selection is these days... when I ordered mine it was much bigger

That olive I have pictured is no longer available :(

https://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/

The problem is that unless you are a Drake's sized company and can order bespoke patterns, then the likes of me, hober, VM etc order off the stock range, which is quite large probably around 500 or so prints but the problem is generally once they go they go unless someone re-orders one and then Adamley usually make another 10-20 metres of it for stock. So it's more than likely that's the case for Hober and he hasn't ordered any replacements, maybe focussing on other fabrics like grenadine who knows.

The downside to ordering off stock is I quite often see the same patterns at Capelli or VM that I do, but then we sell to very different markets as well so it's not all that bad. Case in point, this one from Viola Milano

And mine. (The VM one is quite overexposed but it's the same fabric)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I've done it again.
1st time was with JRD's Zegna suit.
Then today.
If I really dislike something, I want it out of my hands asap and move on.
But don't think that I am a stubborn SOB who won't listen and learn.
I just personally didn't like it at this stage in my sartorial life.
And I'm very grateful for that, thank you
bigstar[1].gif

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shocking how small Hober's Macclesfield selection is these days... when I ordered mine it was much bigger

Please, Broseph. Too much information.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
noodles...

i think you need to make a plan.

buy a navy suit, buy a grey suit
buy two SC's and two pair odd trousers
buy 5 ties that are outside of your comfort range
buy 3 hanks

and stick to that plan...doesn't have to be the above one...but something like this might help you.

and you can set a deadline on it too...that is attainable within budgetary constraints, etc.

since you wear more suits than odd jackets and trou...you may wanna scratch them and add another suit or two...

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
noodles...

i think you need to make a plan.

1. buy a navy suit, buy a grey suit
2. buy two SC's and two pair odd trousers
3. buy 5 ties that are outside of your comfort range
4. buy 3 hanks

and stick to that plan...doesn't have to be the above one...but something like this might help you.

and you can set a deadline on it too...that is attainable within budgetary constraints, etc.

since you wear more suits than odd jackets and trou...you may wanna scratch them and add another suit or two...
1. Yes on the navy suit, maybe on the grey suit. I want a dark grey suit.
2. I agree. I want to get out of just wearing suits and play with you all.
3. Denied.
4. Denied.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
You don't need to be a Drake's sized company to order bespoke prints. It is more expensive and there are minimum order requirements but it's definitely doable, even for the smallest shops like myself. It comes down to taking a large risk and knowing (hoping) that whatever pattern you picked will sell.

Ordering off the stock range is probably the safest play because it's much cheaper and no min order requirements. But where's the fun in that? Shops like VM can easily order bespoke prints since they focus on 6/7 folds, which use a lot of more silk per tie.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads