• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I should be really thankful. My wife is NOT materialistic at all. She says go for the look and quality rather than brand and price. I like that even when she goes shopping and gets a bunch of stuff, I've only spent $100 or so. Now on some occasions, she does get very nice stuff, but with high reservation. But majority of the time ZARA and H&M and TOMS and SUPERGA shoes and Guess<!> jeans are her mainstays.

Most Korean girls are so freaking into brand names like Channel, LV, Gucci, Prada, blah blah blah that I used to break off relationships with girls who wanted me to buy them those cr@p. I was like, "Batch, I ain't gonna buy you them stuff." One Batch dared to ask me, "Can you get me the classic purse from Channel for my b-day? It's only $4k." I ran away from that girl like I saw RTC's ugly tie (j/k to RTC).

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One Batch dared to ask me, "Can you get me the classic purse from Channel for my b-day? It's only $4k." I ran away from that girl like I saw RTC's ugly tie (j/k to RTC). 

Made me laugh.

Sorry, RTC.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
3.1"?????
I am bummed out. I wants this but tis too narrow.
blueplaidsilklinen.jpg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't you have ties that are 8 cm?

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of wives...
My wife says she wants to have her say in the way I dress. I told her she can try.
This would involve her picking out ties, shirts, shoes, and suits.
She already knows that I won't budge much on my style but I am interested in seeing what she will do.
Her first act was to suggest a tie like the HC tie above.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of wives...
My wife says she wants to have her say in the way I dress. I told her she can try.
This would involve her picking out ties, shirts, shoes, and suits.
She already knows that I won't budge much on my style but I am interested in seeing what she will do.
Her first act was to suggest a tie like the HC tie above.

My girlfriend wanted to have a say in how I dress too. So, what I do is present her with 2 or 3 ties in the morning that would go well with what I'm wearing, and she gets to pick which one I wear. This way she feels she has a say, and I know I'll still look good. It's a compromise that works very well imho.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Rudals and Betel, buy the last two of those ties! You'll be tie twins. Also, it would be a good day for the Noodles thread.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My girlfriend wanted to have a say in how I dress too. So, what I do is present her with 2 or 3 ties in the morning that would go well with what I'm wearing, and she gets to pick which one I wear. This way she feels she has a say, and I know I'll still look good. It's a compromise that works very well imho.
Hold on for a second. I need to write this one down.
She's sent me pix of how she wants me to dress and they were a bit out of my comfort zone.
Here are some of her suggestions.
Ties_Navy_Tie_D141091_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol at, or more with, you guys. Very amusing and so familiar stuff. Some sounds like my early days of (2nd) marriage, some could well be today ("few" years in).
I'm the one forcing the wife to shell out on "decent" (aka more than one season worth of wear in them) clothing/shoes for herself. Whereas jewelry and handbags are a totally different proposition. Fake Dior, Chanel, Loewe, LV, ..., she wouldn't be caught dead with them. Jewelry same story.
@Noodles - Early stages for you = steep learning curve. Enjoy the ride.
@Clags - Well done on the 8 months no need for redemption. Impressive given your age and is reflected by your mature presense on this forum (in the most positive sense).

Best wishes and godspeed to all you in a committed relationship gents out there. We (me incl, oh yes) can well use it. ;)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
2, 3 and 5 aren't bad. She clearly likes gray suits while you like navy. She also likes texture, which SF loves. Explain to her that we share her values but have more experience in aiding its execution.

Also, Nick Wooster is a tool. She should understand that.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hold on for a second. I need to write this one down.
She's sent me pix of how she wants me to dress and they were a bit out of my comfort zone.
Here are some of her suggestions.

That's not too bad. It seems she likes light grey suits with white shirts and navy ties. Make that into medium grey suits and you'll have a very classic look. It'll go great with your dreaded navy ties as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics