1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

So pink is to brown what Helen of Troy was to Menelaus? I did not know about the former love story. Thank you for that lecture. Given that I'm as flexible as a refrigerator when it comes to PS' (white linen 99,5 % of the time) I was not thinking in those terms. Appreciate the tip.

Looks great! I will be considering it if I don't purchase the tie Patrizio presented to me since it also has pink dashes in it. Thanks for the picture.

To be honest, the tie seems pretty spot on. And as others have said, a standard deviation of 1,4 % is in the realm of human error. I confirm that Sam Hober's genadines ties great FIH. I use FIH exclusively, but I find that Cappelli also ties great FIH knots. I guess to each his own. =)

I agree with you. But to Patrizio's defense, he was in the process of removing it when someone copped it.
    And yes, I was merely answering another member to advice him to stop searching as it was out of stock. Or at least that was what I thought after talking to Patrizio.
    It's all good though, I'm not mad. Lesson learned.

1 person likes this.
  2. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

How things fly by on this thread. I'm missing the pics now. I thought everything looked nice. Maybe a hair short in sleeve length but thats preference. It seemed to be a roomier cut so if thats what you wanted than it looked good. Maybe the chest had a little extra room in it if anything.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Thanks, JR. I took them down because I thought they came out too dark for anyone to offer any meaningful suggestions. I may persuade my seven year old to take some outdoor pictures tomorrow morning before work as her pictures usually turn out better than her mother's . . .[​IMG]

Agree on sleeve length. The chest is always tricky for me as I frequently end up with collar gap and/or lapels bowing. I tend to go a little fuller in the chest to avoid either scenario and then have the jacket taken in at the back seams. Despos once told me bespoke was the only way to address the disparity between my chest and back size.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

Look forward to seeing your pix in natural light setting.
    @New Shoes1

5. mimo

mimo Senior member

Cross post from WAYWRN cf.

- fat lapels for fat head proportions
    - dark navy suit, brown tie
    - non-black shoes with navy suit (oxblood in this case, looks dark brown in indoor light)

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  6. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

You have that look on your face that you're thanking god she's not pregnant.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

@mimo
    You live in a metal gated home? Nice!

8. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

9. mimo

mimo Senior member

Dad!

2 people like this.
  10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Don't think it is for aesthetic purposes....he's a Caucasian living in the Middle East.

11. mimo

mimo Senior member

It's not for aesthetic purposes in that it's incredibly ugly...but on a hot day it does mean I can open it with the remote and park my car in the shade. Alas, I'm moving anyway as the company that rented it for me no longer employs me.

Erm...I do live here by choice though...mainly because most of my friends are local.

12. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

Mimo should do a WAYWRN wearing local traditional clothes.

13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Mimo, that was intended to fall somewhere in your half-joking/joking/dick range.

14. mimo

mimo Senior member

LOL! Man, you worried me there, seriously...sorry for doubting you :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    5 people like this.
  15. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

:)

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    2 people like this.
  16. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

Is "Midnight Blue" too dark for an SF Blazersuit? 270gms / 8.5 oz Superfine Summer Merino Wool

[​IMG]
    I apologize that this picture is so small =/

Anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced Minni's fresco in Navy/RAF/Tobacco?

Is there a F/W equivalent for an SF Blazersuit? Flannel?

17. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

Sorry to say it was me. I had no idea that he removes items manually from the web shop. It showed as available and I thought that he had more than one. Since this is a good natured thread, I will gladly let you have it...

2 people like this.
  18. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

See below.

Stop it! I'm getting an erection. And I'm at work.

A gentleman and a scholar.

I have a suspicion that all this Capelli tie grabbery started after I posted some pics a few days back. Which I am now regretting, as in fact I wanted that tie too. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

That is very kind of you. I believe he doesn't remove the items manually usually, but since he suggested to take it off for me and then promised to do so, I think he had to do it manually.

I don't blame you, in fact I appreciate your offer. But this was a mistake on behalf of mr. Patrizio. You shouldn't feel any regret. My post was a mere "fyi" in case of the buyer not liking the tie when seeing it in real life as I would be glad to take it off his hands instead of going through the process of puting it on B/S. That said, I hope you enjoy it. If anyone, I'm glad you grabbed it. Wear in good health.

Lol, seems like half the forum was out for it. I guess we'll have to require from mr. Patrizio to restock it.

FYI, I did. And he's not.

2 people like this.
  20. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I think that navy / RAF blue is far better color for a BlazerSuit. You also are going to want a fabric that has a bit more texture than the one pictured. I think that flannel works well for a F/W BlazerSuit and that Manton had one made up like this.

1 person likes this.