• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

itraxx

Reaction score
Apparently the first pair made for my recent MTO were rejected by quality control. So if anyone is on the lookout for St. James II, vintage rioja, TG73 10E, you may want to pay a visit to the sale!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's seconds too (I was somehow under the impression it was just samples)?
Nevertheless, will certainly be hoping to get there on the Thursday or the Friday. Hoping there's a maximum number of purchases per person to help steer eBay vendors from claiming all the good'uns.
Cor, this could turn into one amazing summer for shoes following the EG pop-up sale.

If someone cares to proxy for any 10.5 G width shoes, let me know... :embar:

Apparently the first pair made for my recent MTO were rejected by quality control. So if anyone is on the lookout for St. James II, vintage rioja, TG73 10E, you may want to pay a visit to the sale!

May have misunderstood if everyone else didn't think there are seconds; maybe Justin can confirm.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For a bit of clarification, there are hardly any samples in a sample sale (for shoes). Most sample sales consist of several types of shoes:

1. Factory 2nds/Returned shoes - things that did not make the first cut and/or are used and are thus not worthy of selling at retail price, whether for MTO or RTW
2. Odd stock - old models leftover, things that may have been a mistake but are perfectly fine, maybe a sample or two and MTO's that were never picked up by purchasers

The last type of shoe (of which will not be found at this sample sale) are ones that were specifically made JUST FOR the sample sale. That being, when companies purchase leather, they only use a certain percentage of each hyde (depending on their classification this can vary, i.e. benchgrade, handgrade, bespoke etc). What is leftover (i.e. grade II and III leather, wrinkled leather, blemished leather etc) is saved and made into shoes specifically for selling at a lower price.

I hope that this helps

Justin

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For a bit of clarification, there are hardly any samples in a sample sale (for shoes). Most sample sales consist of several types of shoes:

1. Factory 2nds/Returned shoes - things that did not make the first cut and/[COLOR=FF00AA]or are used [/COLOR]and are thus not worthy of selling at retail price, whether for MTO or RTW
2. Odd stock - old models leftover, things that may have been a mistake but are perfectly fine, maybe a sample or two and MTO's that were never picked up by purchasers

The last type of shoe (of which will not be found at this sample sale) are ones that were specifically made JUST FOR the sample sale. That being, when companies purchase leather, they only use a certain percentage of each hyde (depending on their classification this can vary, i.e. benchgrade, handgrade, bespoke etc). What is leftover (i.e. grade II and III leather, wrinkled leather, blemished leather etc) is saved and made into shoes specifically for selling at a lower price.

I hope that this helps

Justin

Can you clarify what you mean by used? Are these pre-owned/pre-worn shoes?

And are the prices you posted including VAT?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Odd I/O I cant really specify too much as I have not seen them in person. I cant imagine that they are going to used shoes like on eBay, but you can imagine that some customers try a pair of shoes on and are rough with them, bending the shoe to see its flex and thus can sometimes leave the shoe in a rough state and thus not sellable at full retail.... but i dont know specifics

Prices include VAT

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wilkes has Cambridge in mink suede at half off I believe. Nice model but no suede for me

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wilkes has Cambridge in mink suede at half off I believe. Nice model but no suede for me

Thanks for the heads up. Just called, only sizes they have are a 9.5E UK that is being held for someone and an 11.5E UK that is still available. :(

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here comes Isham.

Very nice.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medallion wholecuts
Antique rioja
9.5F
Commissioned through Leffot

I have seen the light - I am going to be buying more G&G / Edward Green going forward and selling down some of my Alden (Alden will be more focused on smart casual and weekend looks).

greasymonkey

Reaction score

That's defo intended for me then; ha ha .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads