• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Group MTO for the new Johdpur boot "Tavistock".

G&G have introduced their new Johdpur boot. Some of us have been waiting a while for this style and here it is.... The "Tavistock" It's beautifully designed and styled by Tony Gaziano and with its sweeping straps it is stunning. I have a couple of people interested in the sample specifications which I feel suit this well. So I'm creating a group MTO for the same boot for which I will deduct the MTO surcharge. Please see the details below and if you would like to order a pair for yourself or if you have any additions you would require or questions please mail me on here or to my email [email protected]

Style: Tavistock
Material: Vintage Chestnut Calf
Last: DG70
Size and Width: Any size or width can be ordered
Sole: Oak Bark Single Leather Soles
G&G Trees: Included...Mahogany or Natural

Group Price: £825.00
Shipping: £40.00
Toe-Tips: £75.00 (Optional)

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'll ever be fancy enough to pull off a dress boot.

I do need a pair of Hoves though due to those pics a few posts back.

jdanielca

Reaction score

G&G have introduced their new Johdpur boot. Some of us have been waiting a while for this style and here it is.... The "Tavistock" It's beautifully designed and styled by Tony Gaziano and with its sweeping straps it is stunning. I have a couple of people interested in the sample specifications which I feel suit this well. So I'm creating a group MTO for the same boot for which I will deduct the MTO surcharge. Please see the details below and if you would like to order a pair for yourself or if you have any additions you would require or questions please mail me on here or to my email [email protected]

What I don't get is why are toe tips so expensive? In Paris these costs like 20 or 30 € max

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know most people hate them but I wish the Tavistock had a pull tab. :embar:

Chestnut is a great color but almost half of my G&G are in that color... decisions...

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that boot definitely chestnut? it looks more orange/saddle leather than G&G's chestnut...

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any advice on how a boot size would be compared to a shoe size? I`m usually a half size up...would this be the same for G&G?

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, are there any photos of the inside of the Tavistock...to see how the strap wraps on that side...

???

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that price including VAT?

Do you sell Gaziano & Girling shoe trees individually? What would be the pricing and shipping cost?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GG metal toe taps cost a pretty penny.

I won't be getting them in my future models. Not just because of price, but because the noise is undesirable for me in the office, and other quiet places...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52