• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Bvlgari Tie - Unique pattern

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Final day....

Is Shoe gonna win this?
thinking.gif

Dennis

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dennis -- I know your work. I rarely purchase folders of any variety, which is doubtless why I couldn't place your name immediately.

Most of my purchases are of the fixed-blade, fighter sized knives, much like that stunning example you posted. However, that is in the 'unbelievable' class of workmanship, and I might add, a little out of my league, which ends when they hit four figures.

Anyway, nice to have you aboard and welcome. I'm afraid there aren't many custom knife collectors/users here though, except perhaps in the tactical styles. Hope to see you at a show sometime.

Regards,
Huntsman

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Thank you Huntsman for the kind comments...

If you're ever at a show and happen to spot that fixed blade that I posted in this thread, please do try and contact me right away...and while you're at it... call a cop!

It so happens that the knife was stolen from me about 1 1/2 yrs ago. The theft took place following the grand opening of a new knife store In Columbia, MD (the "planned city" that's located between Baltimore and Washington, DC). I was there making a guest appearance alongside Matt Conable (founder of William Henry knives). I had recently finished that knife and I had brought it with me for the sole purpose of showing it off. It had been passed around the store quite a bit and was getting a lot of admiring looks and attention. When the festivities began to break up, I left the store to visit a friend at the other end of the Mall.

It was a Saturday and the Mall was absolutely packed! By the time I got to the other end of the big Mall (about the length of a few football fields) the knife was gone...apparently "lifted" out of my shoulder bag while I had been squeezing my way through the crowd. An eyewitness later told the police that they had seen someone following me out of the store, but the suspect were never located. Needless-to-say, the knife was never found.
frown.gif

I was not particularly upset about the lost money ($1600 price tag on the knife). But each of my "art" knives typically takes upwards of 100 hrs (or more) for me to make, and I very much felt the sting of the loss. Thank goodness the knife had just been photographed a few days earlier by one of the Country's leading knife photographers...So I still got to "share it" with folks online. For me, getting to show my work is much more important than any money I make from it. Besides, most of my knife income either goes back into my "shop"...and/or it helps to fund my addiction (shirts, boots, socks, etc).
wink.gif

I am usually easy to spot at the knife shows...I'm the knifemaker who doesn't dress like a knifemaker.
biggrin.gif

Dennis

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads