• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Bvlgari Tie - Unique pattern

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I just listed this Bvlgari tie on ebay.

BulgariTie-MS.jpg

BulgariTie-backwithtags.jpg

BulgariTie-7fold.jpg

BulgariTie-knot.jpg

I've acquired hundreds of fine ties over the years. More than a few never got worn, and then suddenly I found myself rarely having the need to wear ties. This is one of several that still has the attached tag.

Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260184300745

Thanks for looking.

Dennis

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks to be signed by an artist/designer on the back. Who is it?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buvlgari is almost unrivaled when it comes to the quality of silks used in their products.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the red/cream version of that tie which I wear from time to time at concerts (for obvious reasons); signed by Pizzigow, I believe.

koji

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
It looks to be signed by an artist/designer on the back. Who is it?
His name is David Pizzigow. Apparently he has designed a number of ties for Bvlgari. His name is on a couple of my other Bvlgari ties...and I've also seen it in online pics of Bvlgari ties.

And yes, the silk is really something special...especially as a 7-fold. I can think of no other tie that so easily forms such a marvelous, pronounced "dimple"...

Dennis

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't believe this tie is not sold.

Oh, I just noticed that it's listed on Ebay.

Dennis, are you seeking bids from SF members on your Ebay auction or are you willing to stop the auction and sell the tie for $59.00? Or at what price?

In any event a signed Bulgari 7 Fold like this tie is as good as it gets and quite beautiful!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
that is a tie to have for 60 dollars. really amazing silk. love it. wear that to a special christmas banquet or something. wear it to the museum when you meet the curator. lovely. very lovely. i am very urged to bid on it. but rnoldh and others here want it too . i must abstain.
Brian, Many times you are tooooo courteous. Like Thracozaag I have a very similar tie and I love it, so I don't need another. I was really just asking Dennis if he's selling it here, or just soliciting interest for his Ebay auction. Brian, these signed Bulgari 7 Folds are spectacular. If you really have interest you ought to contact the seller, Dennis(Osprey Guy), and see if he wants to sell it to his fellow SF member.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments...

I only intended for the $59 to be a starting price....a price that I can live with if the bidding doesn't go any higher. I think most folks here have (or should have) a pretty fair idea of what a NWT Bulgari tie is worth. I posted here to give a heads-up to the other members that I had listed it on e-bay.

I would suggest that maybe I'll list the next tie here...But it happens to be a never-worn (but classic) Moschino (NWT), that I had sitting in a drawer along with a number of other ties that I never got around to wearing. Based on what I've observed so far in these "Style" forums, I assume the Moschino will not be all that well received. Probably a bit too "adventurous" for most of this crowd. But then maybe I'm being unfairly pessimistic...

Just out of curiosity....here's the Moschino that I'll be listing shortly:
Moschinotie.jpg

Moschinotie-backwithtags.jpg

Moschinotie-knot.jpg

Dennis

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks but you can let eBay have the Moschino.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads