• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buys on Ties

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Also grabbed this lovely Krizia Uomo Italian silk tie that appears was unworn for $9 USD delivered:

Krizia Uomo Tie 1.jpg

Krizia Uomo Tie 3.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
A near perfect condition Pal Zileri tie just arrived via ebay - under $10 USD delivered:

Pal Zileri Brown Paisley Tie 2.jpg
Pal Zileri Brown Paisley Tie 4.jpg

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
I have bought dozens of sevenfold Tie Your Tie/ Atto Vannucci ties from Yahoo Japan auctions the last couple years. These ties, designed by Kenji Kaga, are rather interesting and they drape magnificently. For some reason, they are very hard to come by and they are only present either in Italy or Japan. Japanese pre-owned market is really big and great for treasure hunting outside the usual Ebay. Bonus points as Japanese tend to be very meticulous and do great descriptions to make clear the condition of the product, and always pack it up very nicely. Sevenfold ties in particular, I always just had to steam them with a newspaper roll and I had a perfectly new tie for a quarter of the price

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Another sweet one off ebay - this one was Made in England by Charles Hill. According to info from the web, the first Drakes ties were made under the supervision of longtime tie-maker, Charles Hill in England. Then, Charles' son, Michael, became an executive at Drakes (still is, I think).

In any case, CH was known for making excellent ties, and this lovely one cost me a total (delivered) of about $14USD:

Charles Hill Tie.jpg
Charles Hill Tie 2.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Stumbling along a shopping street in my hometown and I see a basket of (mostly ugly) ties in the window of a thrift shop.

But one of them looks really nice, and new...could it be a Marinella tie...???

Hawes and Curtis.jpg

So I rush inside, and find that it actually is a Hawes & Curtis tie...brand new...100% silk...proper full 3.5" width...lovely tie.

How much is this? "Today sir we have a sale on...$2 for that one."

Best $2 I spent in a long time!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some interesting ties available on line from the now-gone Parisian
store Arny's.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Some interesting ties available on line from the now-gone Parisian
store Arny's.

From a quick web surf, some of the printed ones remind me a bit of Hermes. Does look like asking prices are all over the map...some $100+, and some as low as around $20ish.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Pretty good Sunday at a local thrift store - picked through a large bin of ties...mostly bad. All priced at $3.50 USD each.

Found a lovely vintage textured Gianni Versace navy tie with small gold cherubs (3.75").

Gianni Versace.jpg

Also found one I didn't recognize...tasteful floral pattern on navy silk (3.5"). Basically new condition. Great feel and texture to the silk. Made in Italy. Brand is Italo Ferretti. I figured it was basically a "no name" but when I got home and looked it up, it seems the MSRP on these ties is quite high...like over $200! Never heard of them.

Italo Ferretti.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Italo Ferretti ties?

This one is nice, and I will definitely add it to the rotation.

(Oh, and also found some vintage Albert Thurston braces in black moire - slim (1.25") formal ones with gold color hardware - also for $3.50 USD).

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several Hunstman ties bought close to 40 years ago from Huntsman.
Indestructible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads