• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge: MC Does SW&D - YOUR WINNER ANNOUNCED

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
You don't think your colleagues could recognize you just from your outfits alone? If you post in WAYWRN often, I don't see how you could fail to be recognized, even with your face blacked out.

Well, there you go. That's why I don't post in WAYWRN for the most part in the first place.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Unfair? No one is forcing anyone here.

U sure?

Originally Posted by Metlin
Well, there you go. That's why I don't post in WAYWRN for the most part in the first place.

well - that might be the best motivation to being a good internet citizen
smile.gif

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The most common weakness with this contest was interpreting "MC Does SW&D" as a costume-y mimicing of obviously loud SW&D forms rather than dressing normally as one might in a way intersecting with what the kidz wear. The SW part is not going to happen; the D part might.

In the reverse contest, I expect nothing except really terrible things. This is because doing tailored clothes right appears hard for grown men in the first place, let alone children who still live with their parents or in dorm rooms.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
The most common weakness with this contest was interpreting "MC Does SW&D" as a costume-y mimicing of obviously loud SW&D forms rather than dressing normally as one might in a way intersecting with what the kidz wear. The SW part is not going to happen; the D part might.

In the reverse contest, I expect nothing except really terrible things. This is because doing tailored clothes right appears hard for grown men in the first place, let alone children who still live with their parents or in dorm rooms.

I know you know they dont like being called kids ... or being told they live with their parents/in dorm rooms?

smile.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
well - that might be the best motivation to being a good internet citizen
smile.gif

Yes, but how else would I improve my snark-fu?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but how else would I improve my snark-fu?

true - but i thought you didnt poast because you were afraid of the flack your Clarks would receive ...
smile.gif
smile.gif

gotta get rid of them joints man, i dont care how comfortable they are.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera

Costume-y and mimicing seems to be a trend that's here to stay. Specially when reinforced with votes.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know you know they dont like being called kids ... or being told they live with their parents/in dorm rooms?

smile.gif

There is nothing wrong being a kid or living in a dorm room, and dressing accordingly.

There might be something awry with being a man with responsibilities, including being responsible for the welfare of others, and dressing like you have moobs that you want show off.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
true - but i thought you didnt poast because you were afraid of the flack your Clarks would receive ...
smile.gif
smile.gif
. gotta get rid of them joints man, i dont care how comfortable they are.

Hahaha. Well, I guess when it comes down to it, I will take comfort over aesthetics, always. And aesthetics over looking like a highschool emo kid. Not that I don't own my stash of the good ****, I just don't feel too comfortable wearing them for long periods of time. You've gotta draw a line at your health...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smile.gif

I'll accept the label if we can call you all impotent geriatrics. Deal?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'll accept the label if we can call you all impotent geriatrics. Deal?

I dont have kids so you could call me impotent, but i think more MCers have kids than SW&Ders, so that label would probably apply more to SW&D.

Any other options?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hahaha. Well, I guess when it comes down to it, I will take comfort over aesthetics, always. And aesthetics over looking like a highschool emo kid.

Not that I don't own my stash of the good ****, I just don't feel too comfortable wearing them for long periods of time. You've gotta draw a line at your health...

if its not comfortable to wear for long periods of time, then its probably not good ****. Not ragging on you - just saying.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Totally agree. No one said it was a look scruffy/look tuff challenge. I actually browsed SW&D briefly to get an idea of their fits and i came away VERY DISAPPOINTED. A lot of people there have equally poor style. There is nothing stylish about an elongated t-shirt and skinny jeans, with 300 dollar shoes that dont match in any way, shape or form.

I don't disagree that most fits aren't really that great but like I said before, the picture waywt thread is not the thread that the regulars use at all. I mean no one even looks at that thread.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont have kids so you could call me impotent, but i think more MCers have kids than SW&Ders, so that label would probably apply more to SW&D.

Any other options?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sorry, it's an all or nothing proposition.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if its not comfortable to wear for long periods of time, then its probably not good ****. Not ragging on you - just saying.
Well, I've a damaged tendon and a severe case of Plantar Fasciitis (used to enjoy running and climbing, and continued to do so even after an injury -- bad idea). So, even with arch support, all shoes feel like ****, especially when they do not have rubber soles. In fact, outside of sneakers, pretty much everything feels like ****. Only, some less than others. Unfortunately, while I've a lot of good shoes from before my injury, I really cannot wear them very often or for very long. AEs are the worst offenders in this regard. Alden boots are slightly better, but not by much. Although, AE has been steadily introducing a lot of rubber soled dress shoes -- so, I may try one of those. I've asked around on this forum and elsewhere (including my doctors), and the consensus seems to be that unless I'm fully recovered, I'm outta luck. It's been 3 years, and it's been getting better (fewer steroid shots on my feet, which are always painful). Anyway, the point was that good **** can still be painful if you're not in good health. Cheers.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I don't disagree that most fits aren't really that great but like I said before, the picture waywt thread is not the thread that the regulars use at all. I mean no one even looks at that thread.

Yeah i found it. Even poasted in there ... lol.

Originally Posted by Nil
Sorry, it's an all or nothing proposition.

Well, then i defer to Vox. He is the voice of the people ... lol.

Well, I've a damaged tendon and a severe case of Plantar Fasciitis (used to enjoy running and climbing, and continued to do so even after an injury -- bad idea). So, even with arch support, all shoes feel like ****, especially when they do not have rubber soles. In fact, outside of sneakers, pretty much everything feels like ****. Only, some less than others.

Unfortunately, while I've a lot of good shoes from before my injury, I really cannot wear them very often or for very long. AEs are the worst offenders in this regard. Alden boots are slightly better, but not by much. Although, AE has been steadily introducing a lot of rubber soled dress shoes -- so, I may try one of those.

I've asked around on this forum and elsewhere (including my doctors), and the consensus seems to be that unless I'm fully recovered, I'm outta luck. It's been 3 years, and it's been getting better (fewer steroid shots on my feet, which are always painful).

Anyway, the point was that good **** can still be painful if you're not in good health.

Cheers.

Understood.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads