• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best CinqueColori™.. Who did it best? VOTE!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Threadbearer:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Friday Challenge! These muted colors aren't going to win me the golden PM, but they abide by the rules and I think I look pretty damned good.
bigstar[1].gif
Closeup-82.jpg
Standing-4.jpg
1. Navy blazer 2. White herringbone shirt 3. Green cashmere tie 4. Mauve silk PS 5. Tan linen slacks 6. Caramel shoes and belt

NewYorkRanger:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Sorry for the crappy pix, but here's my COLORFULCHALLENGE ENTRY
1cf25123.jpg
1d4cb4f3.jpg
33f6e3a2.jpg
Jacket- Fawn and Blue Shirt- Blue and White Tie- Green and Blue Square- Navy Slacks- Grey Shoes- Cigar Brown What I wore yesterday, but today I'm in jeans, as its pouring and its Friday (I walk the mile and a half to work these days)

spoozy:
Originally Posted by spoozy
Cheers holdfast and wellcome back, lufty! It is whatever you want it to Be
smile.gif
Quoting myself for the friday challenge...can't let that go.
5571487591_1d4ae91b36_z.jpg
5572076482_d56b9be29c_z.jpg
5571485655_44b6194ffd_z.jpg
5571482945_772ece1fb9_z.jpg
5572072128_dff55337b3_z.jpg
[

upr_crust:
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Any similarities between my fit and Spoozy's are entirely coincidental - honest! FWIW, CinqueColori (actually, under the rules, SeiColori, but who's counting). Blue Grey White Green Yellow Cordovan One hopes that the fit does not evoke either Ringling Brothers or Fisher-Price (though the inclusion of a red rubber nose or orange fright wig would push the color totals to seven or eight
devil.gif
)
IMGP0328511x1280.jpg
IMGP0325985x1280.jpg
IMGP0326851x1280.jpg

Orgetorix:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
CHALLENGE
DSCF7505.jpg
DSCF7506.jpg
Teh five: Gray suit Blue shirt Burgundy tie White square Brown shoes Bonus: Tan coat Green scarf Gold cufflinks

harvey_birdman:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Posting for Friday Challenge
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Midnight Blue corduroy Jacket Olive Green wool trousers Brown/gold/mixed tie Oxford Blue OCBD Burnt Orange lambskin gloves Music by DJ Shadow

SpooPoker:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
CinqueColori: Shirt - white Jacket - black (or grey) Tie - lilac Pants - navy Shoes - red (Bordeaux) Square - pink
8141fab4.jpg
6fe098a2.jpg
9dbd9475.jpg
Also post 9,000
smile.gif

bleachboy:
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Hey there! I was on vacation from WAYWRN, but this challenge was just too much fun to pass up!
2011-04-01a.jpg
2011-04-01b.jpg
Lavender shirt Fuchsia/navy bow tie (weirdly tied, it would seem) Brown sportcoat Green pants #8 shoes "Black watch" colored cap So: Lavender, fuchsia, brown, green, burgundy.

MBreinin:
Originally Posted by MBreinin
What is that I smell?? Oh, yeah...pussies. Cinque Colore?? **** that ****, here is SEIS COLORE.
lol8[1].gif
SC-Sky Blue Sartoria Partenopea Cashhhhhhmere Square-White Linen. Shirt-Pink and white stripe Mastai Ferretti Oxford Tie-Brown Roundtree and Yorke Pants-Grey Maison Martin Margiela Shoes-Black Bass Weejuns Have a good one, Mike
SeisColore-1.JPG
SeisColore-2.JPG
SeisColore-3.JPG

acridsheep:
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Didn't need the tie. Also, chose to interpret this challenge as a call to for a little boldness: 1) Pink shirt 2) Off white jeans 3) Brown SC 4) Burgundy captoes 5) Blue polka dot square
4111.jpg

porcelain monkey:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
The five colors: White shirt and pocket square Blue blazer Green tie Nantucket Red pants Brown shoes and belt Silver buckle and watch (bonus hue) The whole look:
iPhoneSFfivecolor002.jpg
All colors together:
iPhoneSFfivecolor010.jpg
Shoes:
iPhoneSFfivecolor015.jpg

oldog/oldtrix:
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

Holdfast:
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Five Colour Challenge Entry (worn yesterday):
nq5Ya.jpg
Grey plaid suit Blue microcheck shirt Dark Red (Manton, avert your eyes) tie Off-white square Black shoes Still working on figuring out what to wear with this suit, so the challenge came at the right time to experiment a bit. Probably a bit too much, tbh, but hey, what's life without a little jazziness at times!
biggrin.gif
If it wasn't for the challenge, if I was using the same everything else, I think I'd have gone for a navy tie with some red highlights and something with vaguely similar colours for the square. Looks like the trousers need to be shortened a fraction more too, based on the full-length pic. Funny, I didn't notice that IRL.

Yorsch:
Originally Posted by Yorsch
My first post on WAYWRN. Here's my "young & fresh" twist on CinqueColori for FRIDAY challenge. The biggest problem I ran into, was taking pictures... I couldn't took a picture of myself with right angle, to show the colours and fit properly. Forgive me, but after countless tries, I gave up and decided to just display the items 1. Navy suit 2. Lavender shirt, with contrast white collar 3. Brown Tie 4. Orange/Yellow/Green (count 1) Pocket square 5. Burgundy oxfords Bonus points: no black, no white, no grey!
boxing[1].gif

5580051390_cc732ecbbb_b.jpg
5580051414_390cf87b1c_z.jpg
5580051418_0c69a96424.jpg
5580051422_9a0a0fde2f.jpg
5580051428_e46d1bf9af_z.jpg
5581366922_15905b55e6_b.jpg
5581366924_75f7994959_b.jpg

LilacCords:
Originally Posted by LilacCords
5 COLOUR CHALLENGE.... Afternoon/Evening Gents - Holdfast is my current favourite, Love that whistle... Anyway...Green Jacket, Pink Shirt, Navy tie, White Hankerchief, Charcoal trousers, Tan shoes.
5COLOUR-1.jpg

PTWilliams:
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Colors: Pink shirt (RLPL), Yellow jacket (RLPL), Blue tie (Brioni), Beige pants (Brioni), Aqua socks, Black and white shoes (Bally), Hello kitty underwear (Target) ,cream, black & burgundy cap (Bookster). Ties a bit off but no time to reshoot. Enjoy spring gents.
Y5Jqy.jpg
ZdB6n.jpg
m3V44.jpg
lJtL5.jpg

TTO:
Originally Posted by TTO
Challenge BLACK Shoes CREAM Trousers GRAY Waistcoat PINK/WHITE Striped Shirt BLUE Coat SILVER/BLUE Checked Tie PURPLE Square -TTO
mktitsworth:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
There are too many good things today and too little time for me to compliment everyone at the moment. So for now I will just say that I think everyone killed way better than I. The 3-button thing was the reason for my mention of a back slide initially. As I mentioned at some point it was that or a 2-button 3 piece that I was not happy with the last time I wore. It recently came back from alteration and will make an appearance next week, but I was in a rush to teach class and did not have a ton of time to decide. For better or worse. In anycase though, to take a number of Acecow's suggestions
teacha.gif
(either from here or PM) here is my entry: -Charcoal Pants (slimmer I think). - Gray 2 button coat with lower button point, more open quarters and longer lapels (though perhaps not the lapels intended). - Light blue shirt. - Burnt umber pebble grain longwings (which are a kind of wing tip). - White cotton PS. - Gold/Lavender silk knit tie.
14xfr6v.jpg
20a4fvb.jpg
Now if ya'll will excuse me, my lapels are needed as an extra runway for an incoming 747.

Navi:
Originally Posted by Navi
Fairly tame... Friday challenge!
picsay-1301698005.jpg
picsay-1301695950.jpg
picsay-1301696501.jpg
picsay-1301692492.jpg
I believe this qualifies.. I hope so! Blue SC Orange Tie White shirt Grey pants Black shoes Pink PS I tried to go more extreme but it failed pretty hard. Hope my entry qualifies. Great entries everyone
smile.gif

Thin White Duke:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Friday challenge - keeping it simple:
eajyis.jpg
f0oils.jpg
Colours didn't show up correctly in the photo: Olive/taupe jacket Lavendar shirt Navy tie Gray microcheck trousers Burgundy belt and shoes Purple PS

Unregistered:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
My first foray into the world of WAYWRN... And my first entry into the Friday Challenge! Be nice!
bigstar[1].gif
1) Blue shirt 2) Purple sweater 3) Pink tie 4) Brown SC 5) Grey/Blue (GREY for this challenge
laugh.gif
) 6) Oxblood wingtips Did it without the shoes! The Spoo:
DSC07047.jpg
Pardon the blur...
DSC07049.jpg
DSC07051.jpg
DSC07042-1.jpg

Kitontini:
Originally Posted by Kitontini
My first WAYWRN Challenge!!! I hope I did this right....
laugh.gif
Be kind...
blush.gif
Green Blazer Purple Shirt Navy Blue Tie Beige Pants Burgundy PS
P1020048.jpg
P1020049.jpg
P1020050.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vote for the best use of 5 colors?

PTWilliams

Reaction score
It is 9:49 Pacific time and I'm tied for first place. God I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like victory (or something like that). I'll break my own bask in glory. I really liked acridsheep's photo, looks really relaxed, great picture; he should make a print for his wife or girlfriend/parents. Spoozy looked great to me, too. And if I had SpooPoker's body and youth I'm sure could look as good as him. Almost all the outfits are really really great, and an inspiration for me to try to reach the bar set by you guys.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is no option to vote for lilac cords

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was def. a tough challenge and although I will get critiqued once I step up and play the WAYWRN Friday challenge, I think many of you did NOT do well on this challenge. I do want to say Unregistered def. looked the best out of everyone. Many of you weren't . . . colorful as Spoo suggested. Btw, great outfit Spoo but your outfit didn't meet the requirements either =/

Sorry gents

Cheers

LilacCords

Reaction score
I guess I can't vote for myself then....

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
This was def. a tough challenge and although I will get critiqued once I step up and play the WAYWRN Friday challenge, I think many of you did NOT do well on this challenge. I do want to say Unregistered def. looked the best out of everyone. Many of you weren't . . . colorful as Spoo suggested. Btw, great outfit Spoo but your outfit didn't meet the requirements either =/ Sorry gents Cheers
+1 I thought I was in the conservative business dress thread
peepwall[1].gif
I know, Spoo
plain.gif

Chico2007

Reaction score
Poll needs to be fixed.
It looks like there are two bullets for TTO on the poll.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leaving aside the likelihood of a poll re-run: spoozy, mike, acrid, Yorsch, TTO.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great challenge Spoo. I think everyone looked good in this, with a few particular standouts. Unregistered looks GREAT, as does TTO. PT, who at times can come off costumely for even me, looks fantastic (aside from the collar issue). PT, btw, I'm terribly jealous of the weather you appear to be having wherever you are!

The out and out winner for me though is Holdfast...please PM me info on that suit, its fan-bloody-tastic! One of your Edes?

I especially like how I antiipated this one to be a trainwreck of sorts, but it appears even the element of many colors in dress has been infiltrated by Manton's conservative business dress thread. We all looked good in my mind.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still think everyone did it better than I did.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite new game is to try and guess who Vox is going to vote for.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
The out and out winner for me though is Holdfast...please PM me info on that suit, its fan-bloody-tastic! One of your Edes?
Thanks dude. I'll PM with more info, but no it's not Ede. I was going to get it MTM from them, but later that same day I found this in my size in my local Ferragamo shop, so decided to take the plunge. Fit isn't quite as good as MTM would have been, but for less than half the price, for an occasional suit like this, I can't complain!
smile.gif
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
My favorite new game is to try and guess who Vox is going to vote for.
I think I see a pattern in his voting...
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads