• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Financiers of the Forum, Unite

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
So it was mentioned in the 'Financial Calculator' thread that there should be a specific thread dedicated to discussing various concerns related to careers in Finance. I figured I would start the thread. That said, does anyone mind sharing

Current Position:
Past Positions:
Future (Position) Aspirations:
Educational History:
Certifications:

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fairholme_wannabe
So it was mentioned in the 'Financial Calculator' thread that there should be a specific thread dedicated to discussing various concerns related to careers in Finance. I figured I would start the thread. That said, does anyone mind sharing

Current Position:
Past Positions:
Educational History:
Certifications:

you forgot SS# and credit card info.

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
Why would anyone share all that?

Wow, didn't think it would put anyone out. Seems like it could be brief and helpful to junior members of the forum to understand the career paths that some, seemingly successful, individuals have taken and how each position/educational period helped guide them to where they are today.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
you forgot SS# and credit card info.
Yeah. And while you're at it, can you provide your mother's maiden name?

That's something I like to know.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fairholme_wannabe

Current Position:
Past Positions:
Educational History:
Certifications:

Current Position: Daytrader
Past Positions: just financial positions? That would require someone trusting me
Future (Position) Aspirations: CEO of a major publicly traded bank or automaker (I can at least stop the company from losing money by just closing the doors)
Educational History: Jim Cramer, a book about Warren Buffet
Certifications: perfect attendance

Wooh

Reaction score
Current Position: CEO of Goldman Sachs
Past Positions: Commodities trader, tax lawyer
Future (Position) Aspirations: The world
smile.gif
jk...but really
Educational History: Harvard, Harvard Law
Certifications: I wouldn't even tell this to my wife!!

Confucius

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why this thread has caused such a stir. I for one would be interested in the world of finance and the careers available within it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads