• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trick1337

Reaction score
Looking to get a study work bag to lug around Company product brochures, ill need to be able to carry at least 2 in the bag as well as simple stationary and some paper a 14" laptop and some product samples

The brochures measure about 12"x1.5"x10" in a ring file format.

Would the 256 or 257 be more appropriate for the above?

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking to get a study work bag to lug around Company product brochures, ill need to be able to carry at least 2 in the bag as well as simple stationary and some paper a 14" laptop and some product samples
The brochures measure about 12"x1.5"x10" in a ring file format.
Would the 256 or 257 be more appropriate for the above?

What do you sell? The size of the samples may affect our recommendations. Though I would say if they were not too big the 256 should be fine.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you sell? The size of the samples may affect our recommendations. Though I would say if they were not too big the 256 should be fine.

If they are 1.5" 3-ring binders, the 256 will fit but you wouldn't have much room for anything else, much less a laptop. 257 is likely the better choice.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If they are 1.5" 3-ring binders, the 256 will fit but you wouldn't have much room for anything else, much less a laptop. 257 is likely the better choice.

Yeah I am looking at it again and if you need to carry two brochures at 1.5" a piece, the laptop and the samples may not fit.

raneym305

Reaction score
I'd like someone to weigh in on this as well. From what I have heard the large travel bag is rather cumbersome as a result of its size and design, and is certainly less carry-on friendly (while many have argued that when not to full capacity, the medium duffle may be well suited as a carry-on). The large travel bag does have greater accessibility thanks to its outer compartments.
I'm looking at a medium travel bag, medium duffle, and a sportsman bag myself.
The Sportsman bag is a Godsend. I bought it specifically for overnight travel. It's now replaced my small duffle as a gym bag and my large carry-on bag (which really wasn't that large) as a weekend bag.

Last edited:

Trick1337

Reaction score

Yeah I am looking at it again and if you need to carry two brochures at 1.5" a piece, the laptop and the samples may not fit.

noted on the remarks, I sell construction goods for water proofing so the samples are about 6"x8mm x2" on average. the thing is i need to carry around a couple of them as well because of the various profiles.

As for the laptop i might just get a 10" tablet instead. or just swap around a bit. the laptop is a non issue. i for see the bulk of what i would be carrying around would be the files and samples as well as stationary and a daily planner

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

noted on the remarks, I sell construction goods for water proofing so the samples are about 6"x8mm x2" on average. the thing is i need to carry around a couple of them as well because of the various profiles.
As for the laptop i might just get a 10" tablet instead. or just swap around a bit. the laptop is a non issue. i for see the bulk of what i would be carrying around would be the files and samples as well as stationary and a daily planner

I'd say that you might be able to get away with the 256, but it's going to be a tight squeeze.

arthur5

Reaction score
so i've been debating getting the Filson Zippered Tote for a while now.. does anyone use it with a macbook pro? i have a 15" model and was wondering if it fits in there, granted i'd be carrying a notebook/textbook along with it.

edit: wont be using exclusively for MBP, just wondering if it would be able to fit it inside incase I decide to bring it along

Last edited:

jns425

Reaction score
Just picked up the Filson 1 1/4 in. leather belt in black with stainless buckle - it is great! One of the best casual belts I have purchased. Highly recommended!

milw50717

Reaction score

Just picked up the Filson 1 1/4 in. leather belt in black with stainless buckle - it is great! One of the best casual belts I have purchased. Highly recommended!

Filson belts are great. I love the double belts on heavyweight jeans and trousers.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so i've been debating getting the Filson Zippered Tote for a while now.. does anyone use it with a macbook pro? i have a 15" model and was wondering if it fits in there, granted i'd be carrying a notebook/textbook along with it. 

edit: wont be using exclusively for MBP, just wondering if it would be able to fit it inside incase I decide to bring it along

I have one, but no MBP. If you check earlier in the thread I think I took pictures of it next to my otter 256. The opening on the zippered tote is at least 44cm across.

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Filson bags sold in Brook Brothers stores or just online?

raneym305

Reaction score
Just picked up a Double Mackinaw Cruiser. I've owned a couple tin cloth jackets and quite a few bags; but I've got to say that this is, hands down, one of the highest quality articles of clothing I've ever purchased. We've only had a couple of cold and wet days since I purchased it, but it definitely did not disappoint!

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Filson 256 in Tan or Brown for a business casual outfit.

At first I was leaning towards the brown since I thought the tan might look too "casual," but the tan looks more striking in pictures. However, the tan seems like it might get dirty easily. Any thoughts?

Also, if you get the handgrip installed on the 256, it's stitched onto the handles and can't be removed?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads